• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Winter Demo Event 2023 Now Live, 20+ Games Available

havoc00

The ID@Xbox Winter Demo Event 2023 has begun today, allowing you to try a variety of upcoming Xbox indie games for free over the next few weeks, with the demos seemingly being made available until around December 31st.

The majority of these demos will eventually be accessible via the Xbox dashboard on your console, although if they're not showing up, you may have to navigate to the "demos" section of the Xbox Store or search for them manually.

Without further ado, let's take a look at what's included in the ID@Xbox Winter Demo Event 2023:

bender

What time is it?
Been wanting to check out Parcel Corps. Are these being advertised somewhere on the console. I didn't see an advertisement on the home screen or store page.

Roberts

I love these. We make fun of big games being released unfinished and buggy, but these demos is a true look into the world of work-in-progress game development. Obviously, some games are more polished than others, but it is fascinating nevertheless. Have bought a few games because of these demos. A bummer when some of the stuff I liked never got finished (at least not on xbox).

bender

What time is it?
In store go to games/home.

Thanks!

Parcel Corps kind of sucks. The sense of speed is off, the camera can get real dumb, clipping and collision issues, bad music, getting up from crashes takes far too long and the pacing of the missions is way too slow.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Land Beneath Us is decent. Kind of a Shirin the Wanderer thing in micro maps. I just skipped all dialogue because it was bad.

New Star GP looks great. Super retro polygon style racing.

bender

What time is it?
The Mobius Machine demo is impressive at how badly it screws up 2D movement and jumping.

Land Beneath Us is decent. Kind of a Shirin the Wanderer thing in micro maps. I just skipped all dialogue because it was bad.

New Star GP looks great. Super retro polygon style racing.

The pixel art in Land Beneath Us is so ugly though.

New Star GP does have nice visuals and plays well enough but I wasn't really expecting sim elements (fuel consumption, tire types for changing weather, racing lines) when paired with visuals like this). The rewind implementation is also too cumbersome.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Shoulders of Giants is fun. Being a frog in a mech automatically sells me on it a bit. Controls are a little weightless but they work. Cool grass growing effect when you clear areas of enemies. Low budget but not bad.

502s Arcade is decent. Just 2 games in the demo but they're not bad.

bender

What time is it?
Not my kind of game but Nowhere Manor has some wonderful art.

Kiborg is kind of fun. Rogue like elements in a 3D brawler. It, Donut Dodo and Champion Shift are the starts of the show.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Got to floor 13 in Kiborg. Its surprisingly great for a janky beat em up. Lots of combos when mixing light and heavy. Parry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom