• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Xbox going all out on Gamescom 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
the-xbox-booth-gamescom.jpg

As reported via Xbox News Wire earlier this month, Xbox is planning one of the biggest booths it’s ever had at Gamescom this year. This seemingly isn’t just marketing talk either, with Insider Gaming being told by its sources that the team is going “all out” this year for the annual event.

It’s understood that playable games will include the likes of the highly anticipated Forza Motorsport, GSC Game World’s S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl, and Towerborne. With these games being playable to attendees, we should expect to hear more details on each of the games during the event. Gamescom’s Opening Night Live is one of the most likely places for such announcements, which promises “numerous world premieres and exciting announcements.”

Hearing that S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 in particular will be playable is a welcome sign after the studio has had many pushbacks with the development of the game since the Russian invasion of Ukraine. In addition to the studio moving many of its developers to Prague due to the invasion, the studio has had its game allegedly targeted by Russian hackers too. In June, the studio reported that it was hacked resulting in many game materials leaking online.

Source

Last edited:

tmlDan

Ok, but will State of Decay 3 be there? Everwild? There are still so many games that are being kept on the down low that we haven't heard about for years...
I still play State of Decay 2 for shits, its super disappointing we haven't heard anything it's not even an incredibly complex game. They just need to add some more variety and gameplay mechanics, not sure whats so hard about it

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Ok, but will State of Decay 3 be there? Everwild? There are still so many games that are being kept on the down low that we haven't heard about for years...
Those would likely be part of their bigger E3 show if they were ready. They did show off a lot of indies though that looked phenomenal and have barely been shown, like that climbing game, Towerborne, that weird huge co-op game with like 100 people, etc.

Those would likely be part of their bigger E3 show if they were ready. They did show off a lot of indies though that looked phenomenal and have barely been shown, like that climbing game, Towerborne, that weird huge co-op game with like 100 people, etc.
Thats what I figured but remember Fable, Awoved and State of Decay 3 were all announced at same 2020 show back in July of that year. Right now we're 2 for 3. I hope it isn't cancelled or ran into issues.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Thats what I figured but remember Fable, Awoved and State of Decay 3 were all announced at same 2020 show back in July of that year. Right now we're 2 for 3. I hope it isn't cancelled or ran into issues.
We had sorta reliable rumors / reporting that SoD3 and Everwild ran into issues. But they'll make their way out eventually, with Everwild rumored to have some gameplay mechanics similar to Viva Pinata.

They may be a ways off still. We heard MS publicly talk about showing Perfect Dark at their next E3. Who knows on the rest.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
Great news, really feel for the STALKER team with what they have been through, will be great to see the game in action.
Hopefully we get to see a near final version of Forza with all the features they promised in action, get the feeling that they must be running some sort of performance and quality modes as these machines have just been proven to not be capable of 4k 60fps let alone with in game RT on top, I also highly doubt the Series S version will manage RT in game at all.
If they have a plumbed in Tier 2 VRS that helps but wouldn't give the sort of performance boost needed, unless they have SFS working as well.

Because they're still being worked on... What kind of a question is that? MS has a stacked upcoming 12 months without those games.
It's a very basic and easy too understand question of simply "Where are the 2 games that have been announced over three years ago?" Not sure what's so confusing about this question. It's very valid question and is unrelated to the fact whether MS has games coming for next 12 months.

I am interested in SoD 3 and Everwild and so are other people. Hence why I am asking.

Last edited:

Stare-Bear

Banned
Most of their first party studios haven’t shown much since 2018 and the average dev time is 5-6 years, so should this year be the year Microsoft studios deliver some games?

Riky

$MSFT
It's a very basic and easy too understand question of simply "Where are the 2 games that have been announced over three years ago?" Not sure what's so confusing about this question. It's very valid question and is unrelated to the fact whether MS has games coming for next 12 months.

I am interested in SoD 3 and Everwild and so are other people. Hence why I am asking.

They both run on UE5 is probably the answer along with Perfect Dark so are simply not ready to show yet.

They both run on UE5 is probably the answer along with Perfect Dark so are simply not ready to show yet.
What does UE5 has to do with them not being talked or shown about for 3+ years? UE5 is like the most accessible and easiest to work with engine these days. Have you seen all the solo dev logs on YouTube? They explain everything away, even a 3d game artist can create working mechanics without any knowledge of C++ programming because of the visual scripting via Blueprints.

Dude, I even mess with UE5 myself and done a bit of Blueprint Scripting it the last week or so. I don't understand why people assume that UE5 is some crazy magical secret force that's hard to work with. And no, that's not my video but a solo dev I follow.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I keep looking for independent hands on with Starfield.

We're a month and some days out from release and so far, nothing. Independent gameplay for me is an important part of my purchasing decisions.
No need for concern. As with literally every major video game released there will be plenty of independent gameplay available after release. You can make a purchasing decision at that time.

Riky

$MSFT
What does UE5 has to do with them not being talked or shown about for 3+ years? UE5 is like the most accessible and easiest to work with engine these days. Have you seen all the solo dev logs on YouTube?

Dude, I even mess with UE5 myself and done a bit of Blueprint Scripting it the last week or so. I don't understand why people treat pr assume that UE5 is some crazy magical secret force that's hard to work with.

Nobody is saying it's hard to work with, the engine is work in progress and the full release was last year, we've hardly seen any games using it so far. So it makes sense these games just aren't ready and MS have been burned before showing early code.
Also all these games aren't going to be appearing together, they will be spacing out releases and reveals to give proper focus to each game.

Nobody is saying it's hard to work with, the engine is work in progress and the full release was last year, we've hardly seen any games using it so far. So it makes sense these games just aren't ready and MS have been burned before showing early code.
Also all these games aren't going to be appearing together, they will be spacing out releases and reveals to give proper focus to each game.
I am not expecting them to release all next to each other. Obviously it makes sense to stagger, but it's been over 3 years. Show a god dam screenshot or something. It really isn't that difficult.

Last edited:

Pelta88

No need for concern. As with literally every major video game released there will be plenty of independent gameplay available after release. You can make a purchasing decision at that time.

You must be new to gaming or due diligence. There are many notable games which refused at every opportunity to give independent hands on or at the very least show the game running on a desired platform of choice.

CyberPunk 2077 is a prime example but there are many others.

I'm not saying Starfield is following that same vein, just that we're a month away and I am looking for independent hands on as that's a key part of how I make my purchasing decisions.

Vox Machina

Banned
I still play State of Decay 2 for shits, its super disappointing we haven't heard anything it's not even an incredibly complex game. They just need to add some more variety and gameplay mechanics, not sure whats so hard about it

Hopefully they're doing a huge upgrade for SoD3, maybe full shared-world MMO "World of Decay" or something like that.

Top Bottom