• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Legends of the Zone Trilogy Available Today - $40 Together, $20 Individual (Games are BC on PS5/Series, no Native Release)

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
GGq3Dsx.png
If it wasn't posted already, sorry for the source

ZehDon

Gold Member
GGq3Dsx.png
Official Xbox source:
...Later this year, the team will release a patch for Xbox Series X|S version that will bring additional graphical enhancements and other features. The console versions will also have mod support via mod.io, but this too will be a feature to roll out later as the team continues to tweak things a bit, so keep an eye on GSC’s social media channels on when these features will roll out...

Last edited:

intbal

Nice one bud, was just about to stick a video up. What camera bug do you mean though?
The game maintains a consistent framerate, but when moving the camera around the pacing for the view update isn't consistent. I'm not sure how to describe it any better than that.
It's not something that everyone is sensitive to.
Famously, the pre-launch Xbox version of High on Life had it. They patched it before the official release, though. Digital Foundry had one of their usual analysis videos, but decided not to release it since it was based on the unpatched version. John put up a small clip on his twitter showing it off.
However, after seeing footage of this remake on other youtube channels, I don't think the game suffers from this. I think it was just a bad recording.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
The game maintains a consistent framerate, but when moving the camera around the pacing for the view update isn't consistent. I'm not sure how to describe it any better than that.
It's not something that everyone is sensitive to.
Famously, the pre-launch Xbox version of High on Life had it. They patched it before the official release, though. Digital Foundry had one of their usual analysis videos, but decided not to release it since it was based on the unpatched version. John put up a small clip on his twitter showing it off.
However, after seeing footage of this remake on other youtube channels, I don't think the game suffers from this. I think it was just a bad recording.
I think I know what you mean but it's not the camera that does it, it's the movement, and oddly enough after reading your post I found it in Stalker.

If you go to move the game gives off a weird judder then moves normally after it. The only other two games I found this with is Fallout 3 and New Vegas via BC.

xrnzaaas

GGq3Dsx.png
Don't know if I can wait for it to be released "before the end of the year". Makes it sound like it'll likely be released after Stalker 2.

Maybe I'll just abandon everything else and start playing now. ;)

Last edited:

M1chl

any early impressions ?

Is Russian VO available ? (I dont think there was a Ukrainian one but I might be wrong)
I have Czech edition with subtitles, don't think its international one and yes, Russian is there. But based on my ear, its mix UA + RU

Bry0

Do these three games build upon each other in terms of story or mechanics? Would it make sense to play them in order is what i'm interested in.
SOC is the main story, clear sky is the prequel to SOC, COP is the “post story” to SOC.

They do build on each other mechanically, with COP being the most refined in gameplay and game design.

I’d say play them in the release order. SOC then Clear sky then COP.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
SOC is the main story, clear sky is the prequel to SOC, COP is the “post story” to SOC.

They do build on each other mechanically, with COP being the most refined in gameplay and game design.

I’d say play them in the release order. SOC then Clear sky then COP.
Thank you!

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Couldn't find a review on YT. PS5 version seems obvious ( instead of SS)
I've always wanted to play this game.

60fps? Controls are good? Really in the mood for such a game.

M1chl

Couldn't find a review on YT. PS5 version seems obvious ( instead of SS)
I've always wanted to play this game.

60fps? Controls are good? Really in the mood for such a game.
60, possibly 4k, its really sharp. Controls work better than I expected, completely playable. No crashes, fast load times, etc.

fatmarco

Game plays suprisingly well on console. Solid resolution and 60fps, and somehow the combat feels good.

It is funny how much easier this game is to play after you've played it through already once.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Weird. Could buy the whole pack for 40€ on
SS. It's 3 x 20€ on PS5

Only difference is the 4K I Reckon

I'm torn.

Which is the initial version?

Last edited:

Kupfer

Thank you!
And if you don't like Clear Sky, don't torture yourself and skip it.
It would be a shame if you don't want to play the OGs anymore because of Clear Sky and miss out on CoP because of that.
But definitely start with and play SoC. Although CoP is more refined, SoC still is my favourite.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Am I blind or something? I went to the store on the PS5, but couldn’t see the bundle, just the three games separately.

coffinbirth

I wanna say I predicted this when Stalker 2 was announced, but I don't have the receipts. Regardless, I've wanted this for sooooo long. Completely hyped to finally get to play through all of these with proper gamepad support on console!

Buuuuut, I gotta say...
Anyone else's OCD/psychosis kick in due to the spelling change?

Or am I the only one that's noticed?

Original:
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg

Console port:
apps.49437.13540387630933831.a5834442-2657-4d25-b1aa-2c030e6d0362.d09bd9f3-0316-48f2-b79b-f1132a4072b3

Now, I'm aware that it's actually spelled both ways, for whatever reason, but if one is far more widely used...and already fucking used for this, and the sequel...this seems more like a major gaffe due to it being a Euro dev than some sort of stylistic choice.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this? Did anyone else even notice? It just looks wrong as hell to me.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Essentially, judging by the videos, the performance is this:
  • Xbox One: 1080p30 with dips
  • Xbox One X: 2160p30 with nips and tucks
  • Xbox Series S: 1080p60, solid
  • Xbox Series X: 2160p60, solid
Though it is disappointing to see base Xbox One running with dips to 21-25 fps, it is overall alright. It is impressive however considering this is X-Ray which isn't an optimized PC engine out there. Plus, it still looks fairly impressive.

Anyone else want to weigh in on this? Did anyone else even notice? It just looks wrong as hell to me.
Noticed it right away and its because of the Russian-Ukraine war. Chornobyl is, AFAIK , the Ukranian spelling as they don't want to associate the Russian spelling with it.

Minor nip and tuck, but hey.

skit_data

Rememeber playing a demo of what has to be the first in the series on PC a very long time ago and getting nowhere. But I've heard these games are very good so into the wishlist the trilogy goes!

mrMUR_96

I wanna say I predicted this when Stalker 2 was announced, but I don't have the receipts. Regardless, I've wanted this for sooooo long. Completely hyped to finally get to play through all of these with proper gamepad support on console!

Buuuuut, I gotta say...
Anyone else's OCD/psychosis kick in due to the spelling change?

Or am I the only one that's noticed?

Original:
Shadow_of_Chernobyl_cover.jpg

Console port:
apps.49437.13540387630933831.a5834442-2657-4d25-b1aa-2c030e6d0362.d09bd9f3-0316-48f2-b79b-f1132a4072b3

Now, I'm aware that it's actually spelled both ways, for whatever reason, but if one is far more widely used...and already fucking used for this, and the sequel...this seems more like a major gaffe due to it being a Euro dev than some sort of stylistic choice.

Chornobyl is the Ukrainian spelling, they probably want to pull away from any Russification due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

Bry0

Chornobyl is the Ukrainian spelling, they probably want to pull away from any Russification due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
I noticed many more changes. The currency is SR instead of RU, and Agroprom is now Ahroprom. Personally I think it’s cool they made those changes. I also noticed grass shadows seem to work, those were bugged on the vanilla pc versions for some time iirc.
It also looks to me like some assets and Lighting was tweaked in SOC to borrow some things from later games, but I would have to do a side by side to be sure. Hopefully DF jumps on these and does the work for me. Overall I’ve had a great experience in the ports, pretty much everything from pc carried over and I love it. Dare I say MASTER difficulty feels rebalanced though, it doesn’t feel quite as hard but this is the first time I’ve gotten the merc suit in the rookie village so that is probably throwing me off too.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

That's the one advantage of not being a native port, the much more powerful newer consoles can brute force the shit out of the last-gen code to reach optimal performance.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
That's the one advantage of not being a native port, the much more powerful newer consoles can brute force the shit out of the last-gen code to reach optimal performance.
That’s what most devs seem to be doing with new games too, this generation. Having the tech brute force their games instead of fine tuning/optimization.

Last edited:

Tarnpanzer

After skipping through the comparison videos on my 4K-Screen the PC-Version is visibly sharper than PS5-version. I doubt the Playstation versions run @4K. (at least not all the time) Or PS5/PS4 Pro has additional post processing vs. PC which reduces the sharpness.

Series X looks ~4K though, but I havent seen a direct comparison with PC for this version.

So maybe the real next gen versions will run @ 4K/120.

Last edited:
I'm so happy to see people playing these games. Stick with them, even when the Zone screws you over, it's so satisfying to overcome the challenges and A.I. in the series.

coffinbirth

I get it, but using both, across different platforms, is odd...especially when sites are using this art interchangeably.
They should've also changed the key art I guess is what my issue with it is. It's completely minor, really, but it's driving me crazy, haha. I do see now that they changed (very recently?) the spelling for Stalker 2 to say Heart of Chornobyl in the Xbox Store as well.

Anyone know the tile art directory path for Xbox? I have FullTrust access, but I've never fiddled with the tile images before.

160fdbd45986b24e454abfbabf0f961b.jpg

I fully respect their decision to do this, but my OCD simply will not abide, so I'll be changing this out tout de suite.

Top Bottom