• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre orders for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy have gone live in Japan

Draugoth

Gold Member
STALKER-Legends-of-the-Zone-Trilogy-Leak_03-05-24-1024x576.jpg

Pre-orders for an unannounced S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Legends of the Zone Trilogy for PlayStation 4 have gone up at Japanese retailers like Biccamera, Neowing, and Rakuten Books. It will launch on June 27 in Japan for 6,578 yen.
The three-game collection includes S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat, and marks the first time the survival horror first-person shooter series has been ported to consoles.
Source: https://www.gematsu.com/2024/03/stalker-legends-of-the-zone-trilogy-ps4-pre-orders-go-live-in-japan

Last edited:

GrayChild

- Noooooo. Why are they doing this?!? This is devaluing PC gaming!!! Plz GSC cancel this port right now!

- That's it. I'm selling my PC and getting a PS5. What's the point in owning a powerful rig now?!

- Ha! Enjoy our scraps 16 years later, port beggars!

- GSC just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Ukrainian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Ukraine, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the Ukrainian public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 for either system, nor will they purchase any of GSC games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but GSC has alienated an entire market with this move.
GSC, publicly apologize and cancel the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy for the PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Am I doing this right, my console brethren?

Last edited:
good games these probably will give them a go on the series x if they do a decent update on the graphics. Stalker 1 had such a creepy atmosphere, walking about at night with heavy rain and lightning flashes highlighting mutant dogs.

Senua

Oh cool, I wonder how the inventory management shite will be handled.

Surprised they even bothered with Clear Sky tbh.

StereoVsn

It’s kind of weird in that while the games are great, you really need some mods to make them really good.

Releasing vanilla trilogy on PS4 to boot is certainly a choice, lol.

Kindela

Banned
Jesus I still remember the feeling I had while playing Shadow of Chernobyl in 2011. Played it once with the complete mod and once vanilla, loved it immensely both times.
Bought Call of Pripyat on CD soon after, loved it even more. The exploration, the world design, guns, rains, nights, sounds, NPCs ... loved every single thing about it. Played it once all the way through and then free roamed around the world for 50+ hours probably while trying a bunch of different mods. I remember one called misery which was particularly brutal and exciting.
Don't remember Clear Sky all that much, but I do remember it being the weakest of the three.

Really hoping this is true 🙏

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
- Noooooo. Why are they doing this?!? This is devaluing PC gaming!!! Plz GSC cancel this port right now!

- That's it. I'm selling my PC and getting a PS5. What's the point in owning a powerful rig now?!

- Ha! Enjoy our scraps 16 years later, port beggars!

- GSC just shot themselves in the foot.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Ukrainian culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the Ukrainian public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 for either system, nor will they purchase any of GSC games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but GSC has alienated an entire market with this move.
GSC, publicly apologize and cancel the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. trilogy for the PS4 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Am I doing this right, my console brethren?
I was going to replay these on my PC but it feels like the magic is gone knowing that people with consoles will also be able to play them.

Zathalus

They will need to revamp the controls completely and even with that solved I believe the games are still quite buggy and prone to crashing. Hopefully they integrate all the community patches.

Last edited:
I was going to post this a few hours ago, figured Draugoth already did so I didn't bother, guess I was wrong lol.

Anyway, have heard great things about these games, will definitely pick this up 👌

I'm dyspraxic, and I've never been able to use mouse+kb, but I grew up with consoles so I can use pads no problem. Finally being able to play STALKER is huge! I'm actually delighted about a remaster for a change.

I hope other companies pay attention. This is what remasters and remakes should be for; bringing classics to a wider audience that had high barriers of entry for people!

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
The STALKER Meme is that you can wipe out an entire army just by hiding in a small bush...

The A.I. is unable to locate you if you are behind a small tree but you can kill them all 😂😂😂😂

Sentenza

It seems a very good time to preorder. The game is expected for September 2024, which means we are at least 4 or 5 months away from the next delay.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
I. - I will wipe out the entire high-level weaponry army with a simple pistol.

I.A. -oh Yeah... And can you tell me How will you do it?? I got the most powerful armored and weapons

I. - Hiding and shooting from a bush.

I. A. 😱😱😱

bZyn8Y7.jpg

Last edited:

Bry0

Clear Sky better be getting some decent patching effort or it will be destroyed in reviews.
This is what I’m curious about. No way the game would make it through certification if Limansk is as unstable as it is on pc lol.

I’m curious to see if this will be a simple straight port or maybe they have fixed some bugs, in which case I hope the PC versions get a patch and maybe steam achievements.

Last edited:

Gp1

Me seeing this after playing these 3 games stitched together for free in Stalker Anomaly.

What Is That Oh No GIF by IMDb
Not Great Ok GIF by Sky España

DaciaJC

Gold Member
OMG mega betrayalton!!! They b-better announce the next STALKER is PC exclusive or I'm going to be super mad!

stalker-2-on-xbox-is-now-available-to-wishlist-and-the-v0-naijgtkrt3cc1.jpeg

tenor.gif

Top Bottom