• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insider Gaming: Xbox going all out on Gamescom 2023

Ozriel

M$FT
I keep looking for independent hands on with Starfield.

We're a month and some days out from release and so far, nothing. Independent gameplay for me is an important part of my purchasing decisions.

1. Reviews
2. Early release impressions.

Both things you’ll get before the game actually gets released and before you have to spend any money.

Starhowl

As Phil Spencer is going to attend, does anybody know at which day he’ll be there and how to catch a photo with him? :pie_thinking:

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
As far as I recall Gamescom does not have a showcase but rather it is a very long series of interviews with some announcements in-between?

Fredrik

I've seen enough of Starfield and I am pretty positive most people have as well. The 1 hour wasn't enough for you? Lol. At this post, most just wanna purchase it and play it.
Preordered and ready! Just want to play it!

BUT I still want to see the PC version. I don’t understand Microsoft’s marketing with this game. It’s a Bethesda RPG, they’re huge on PC, and Starfield is literally among the most wishlisted games on Steam right now and high up on the best seller top list more than a month before the actual release. And Microsoft is only showing the Xbox version ????
The Starfield controller was great, I have that one, but everything else with the marketing has been lowkey and oddly Xbox focused.

Vox Machina

Banned

BUT I still want to see the PC version. I don’t understand Microsoft’s marketing with this game. It’s a Bethesda RPG, they’re huge on PC, and Starfield is literally among the most wishlisted games on Steam right now and high up on the best seller top list more than a month before the actual release. And Microsoft is only showing the Xbox version ????
The Starfield controller was great, I have that one, but everything else with the marketing has been lowkey and oddly Xbox focused.

The committed to only showing the console version of their games after the Redfall backlash of them showing the game off using the PC version and the console version being 30 FPS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ozriel

M$FT

You expect the PC version to be any different from what you’ve seen already, except at a higher framerate?

They’ll probably ramp up the marketing leading up to the launch, and show some PC settings etc.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

You know things have been rough when going all out is just a few games which we've known and seen plenty of already

Fredrik

You expect the PC version to be any different from what you’ve seen already, except at a higher framerate?
Of course. You think it’ll look like on Xbox if you crank up the visuals on PC to Ultra on a super ultra wide 4090 rig?

Last edited by a moderator:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Nobody is saying it's hard to work with, the engine is work in progress and the full release was last year, we've hardly seen any games using it so far. So it makes sense these games just aren't ready and MS have been burned before showing early code.
Also all these games aren't going to be appearing together, they will be spacing out releases and reveals to give proper focus to each game.
Blaming UE5 for these games not releasing on time is extremely unfair.

Remnant 2 is a UE5 game that just released this week. Aveum of Immortals is also releasing next month.

Microsoft's games are like the Cyberpunk 2077 girl.
gn8L1qb.jpg
Perfection.

No need for concern. As with literally every major video game released there will be plenty of independent gameplay available after release. You can make a purchasing decision at that time.
No need to get into your armor and grab your sword simply because someone criticized your favorite toy and the company making it.
Especially when said company had Redfall scoring in the mid 70s by their own "reviewers".

ReBurn

Gold Member
You must be new to gaming or due diligence. There are many notable games which refused at every opportunity to give independent hands on or at the very least show the game running on a desired platform of choice.

CyberPunk 2077 is a prime example but there are many others.

I'm not saying Starfield is following that same vein, just that we're a month away and I am looking for independent hands on as that's a key part of how I make my purchasing decisions.
No, I've been gaming for nearly 5 decades. There has never been a time that I can recall when games went into independent hands for review and feedback in a way that gives consumers enough insight prior to launch to make a purchase decision. If games are put into independent hands then the people touching them are always under non disclosure agreements and can't tell you anything meaningful about them prior to launch, anyway. If there have been recent AAA games that were designed and refined by independent committee I sure haven't heard of them.

Either way, there was a whole deep-dive Starfield presentation that showed the game fully running. You know what it is going to look like so no need for concern there. You know it's going to be 4K/30 on Series X so no need for concern there, either. The trend recently is to embargo games to just days before launch aside from selectively released media. So it's not really any different from any other game. At least not different enough to warrant such concern.

Like I said, there will be plenty of independent information available post-launch about whatever platforms you're concerned about. It's not likely that you're considering a purchase on Xbox and I have no idea why you're concerned about PC. But there will be hundreds of Twitch streams on launch day to show you what you want to know to alleviate your concerns prior to you spending money.

Pelta88

No, I've been gaming for nearly 5 decades. There has never been a time that I can recall when games went into independent hands for review and feedback in a way that gives consumers enough insight prior to launch to make a purchase decision.

I stopped reading here because you seem to be in a defence force of starfield as opposed to looking at what I actually stated. Again, Cyberpunk 2077 and a myriad other games are examples of publishers withholding independent scrutiny.

But you claim to have never seen this practice or acknowledge that publishers/studios haven't knowingly put out garbage/broken games. And that withholding hands on impressions / gameplay running on my platform of choice (console) is a tactic they always employ. But you're defending a particular ip not the well known tactic.

I expect Starfield to be great. Being eager to see independent hands on impressions shouldn't get this type of push back.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
No need to get into your armor and grab your sword simply because someone criticized your favorite toy and the company making it.
Especially when said company had Redfall scoring in the mid 70s by their own "reviewers".
I mean I'm not the one who jumped into a thread about Xbox at Gamescom to derail it with some off topic concern trolling about Starfield not getting enough "independent review" to be able to make a purchase decision. All I did was reply that post-release there will be enough independent information available to make any decision they want. If you see that as console warring but not the post trying to derail the thread then that's cool.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I've seen enough of Starfield and I am pretty positive most people have as well. The 1 hour wasn't enough for you? Lol att this post, most just wanna purchase it and play it.
Why lol at this post, of course I want it, im just not convinced it wont get delayed again

Why lol at this post, of course I want it, im just not convinced it wont get delayed again
Release Date was announced in June, 3 months before actual release. Ton of footage was shown. Pre orders were also live that same day. Tomorrow is August 1st. Game releases on September 6th. Bethesda and MS both have a presence at Gamescom. This game is NOT getting delayed.

Fredrik

I should have added that part about enhanced visuals 😂
I just think it’s time to act like a publisher that have their own PC store and launcher.
Go to the Starfield Windows Store page - It’s the exact same screens as on the Xbox page.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Those games are highlighted as playable at Gamescom.

1) Did you expect to see Fable, Everwild and others randomly playable on the floor?

Why not? why would it be so crazy for people to have actual expectations for games that were presented/1st shown...4-5 years ago ?
Trolling over cheap plastic boxes is such a weird look.

That's highly, Highly ironic coming from you.
They have this saying in my country " you don't mention ropes at a hanged man's vigil"

PS: You're back to the usual Defence force friend, can you please stop doing this ?

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
Why not? why would it be so crazy for people to have actual expectations for games that were presented/1st shown...4-5 years ago ?

Marquee games usually have extensive gameplay reveals at press conferences. Not randomly shoved in play booths on the show floor.
That's how it usually works.

That's highly, Highly ironic coming from you.
They have this saying in my country " you don't mention ropes at a hanged man's vigil"

PS: You're back to the usual Defence force friend, can you please stop doing this ?

Eh. At least nobody can point to me trolling, downplaying or shitposting over these things. You on the other hand will find it difficult to make the same claim.

Then again, I've never had to sell a console to buy another, then spend months working overtime to downplay the opportunity cost.

Rent free, as always.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Marquee games usually extensive gameplay reveals at press conferences. Not randomly shoved in play booths on the show floor.
That's how it usually works.

Eh. At least nobody can point to me trolling, downplaying or shitposting over these things. You on the other hand will find it difficult to make the same claim.

Then again, I've never had to sell a console to buy another, then spend months working overtime to downplay the opportunity cost.

Rent free, as always.

Well, you got me.

What's "rent free" is the fact that you suffer from persecution complex like a couple of others in here, your girlfriend Catlady got exactly what was coming to her due to her bias - you're pretty much the same thing lad, only with much less laughing emoji's, I can give you that at least, your constant shilling and defence force-ing is a different matter though, again, for the 5th time, you're absolutely astroturfing.

Besides, me selling my XSX, a "plastic box", a material product I had no interest in anymore must have hurt you personally, am I right ? this is why I keep saying that you of all people in here should be the last one to talk about anything.
Talking about double standards and not practicing what you preach, the lack of self awareness is really a sight to behold.

Rent free indeed Ozriel 😉

Ozriel

M$FT
Forza nad Stalker2 playable demos sounds great.

Happy to see more impressions from STALKER 2. The E3 2022 videos looked really good.

Well, you got me.

What's "rent free" is the fact that you suffer from persecution complex like a couple of others in here, your girlfriend Catlady got exactly what was coming to her due to her bias - you're pretty much the same thing lad, only with much less laughing emoji's, I can give you that at least, your constant shilling and defence force-ing is a different matter though, again, for the 5th time, you're absolutely astroturfing.

Besides, me selling my XSX, a "plastic box", a material product I had no interest in anymore must have hurt you personally, am I right ? this is why I keep saying that you of all people in here should be the last one to talk about anything.
Talking about double standards and not practicing what you preach, the lack of self awareness is really a sight to behold.

Rent free indeed Ozriel 😉

Speaking of stalkers...

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Happy to see more impressions from STALKER 2. The E3 2022 videos looked really good.

Speaking of stalkers...

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

The fact that you took insult at someone else not preferring "your" plastic box of choice by selling it having to also mention it as a "gotcha" in your post says it all really.And you're the one trying to preach ? Nah

Again, go astroturf and shill somewhere else , it's gotten to a comedic point by now.

Gifs ain't gonna change the fact that you're a fanboy and that you show up only to defend a multi-trillion company's "honor".

Rent free indeed Ozriel

Ozriel

M$FT
The fact that you took insult at someone else not preferring "your" plastic box of choice by selling it having to also mention it as a "gotcha" in your post says it all really. And you're the one trying to preach ? Nah

But I have all the plastic boxes, though. Unlike you.

Again, go astroturf and shill somewhere else , it's gotten to a comedic point by now.

Thread about Xbox presence at Gamescom. A console you don't own, an ecosystem you publicly claim to disdain. Yet here you are. Leaping to defend shit-posting.

Gifs ain't gonna change the fact that you're a fanboy and that you show up only to defend a multi-trillion company's "honor".

Rent free indeed Ozriel

I never talk about you. You on the other hand...

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
But I have all the plastic boxes, though. Unlike you.

I don't care , you could also have a McDonald's happy meal box and I still wouldn't care.
Let me guess, " I have all the plastic" boxes somehow gives you the right to present your own (biased) opinions in a different light ?
lol my guy...
Thread about Xbox presence at Gamescom. A console you don't own, an ecosystem you publicly claim to disdain. Yet here you are. Leaping to defend shit-posting.

You're giving way too much attention and also keep mentioning to the fact that I don't have your favorite plastic box, why's so ? Shit must be aggravating for you.

I keep talking about you because what you're doing is obnoxious my guy, also, it's as clear as day that you keep doing your PR piece and acting as a defence force each and every time these.kind of threads pop up.
Let me get this straight brother , you (think) you have the right to keep doing the same thing over and over again but when people call you out for it then you get all defensive and start acting all juvenile-like like Catlady by spamming laughing emojis (not to me necessarily ), ganging up on others, trying to be "funny" with memes/gifs and spouting the same bullshit "you have 1 console lulz" 'cause that's your only defence ?
You keep defending a multi-trillion company and yet, when people.express their opinion you're the 1st one to pull out the "lol you fight about plastic boxes" ? Really my guy ? Zero self awareness whatsoever.

"People who live in glass houses should not throw stones" and all that.

You think you can hide behind your (perceived) pretentious eloquence but, like I told you before, people already know when and where you're gonna show up.

And to make it clear, I don't "hate" you nor I have a boner for you, like many others in here I could care.less, what I care about though, is not seeing you in every God damned MS thread acting as a defence force/doing the - usual and tired by now - song and dance 'cause frankly, it's gotten exhausting, it's like we're reading PR speak each and every time.

Warablo

I am trying to think if Fallout or Elder Scrolls ever had independent hands on before the release? I think only mainstream sites like IGN or Gamespot ever got brief previews for marketing.

Bry0

Wasn't there rumors about a console SKU for STALKER 1 some time ago ? whatever happened to that.
First I’ve heard of it, but yeah they really should. Modern consoles could easily handle it and the lighting still looks decent for how old the original trilogy is. I would double dip in a heartbeat just to have an excuse to play for the millionth time and unlock achievements lol

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Wow... Giallo Corsa Giallo Corsa that's a little much.

Context friend, context.

Not going to fall for the victim complex - discussion not going the way you want ? Post gif/memes, laughing emojis and try to ridicule others.
Still not going the way you'd like ? Present a "gotcha".
'Cause the juvenile" lol you got 1 console lol" is the mature thing to do here obviously but at the same time, you can't accept people calling you out.

I for one would love for bicker-free forum interactions but unfortunately, people aren't like that.

Astroturfing/shilling is also a real thing, seeing people keep doing the same thing over and over again, well, it does irritating after a while

MarkMe2525

Context friend, context.

Not going to fall for the victim complex - discussion not going the way you want ? Post gif/memes, laughing emojis and try to ridicule others.
Still not going the way you'd like ? Present a "gotcha".
'Cause the juvenile" lol you got 1 console lol" is the mature thing to do here obviously but at the same time, you can't accept people calling you out.

I for one would love for bicker-free forum interactions but unfortunately, people aren't like that.

Astroturfing/shilling is also a real thing, seeing people keep doing the same thing over and over again, well, it does irritating after a while
I don't know you nor the context, but I would always suggest learning to let it go. You have to admit, it's quite surprising to see you namedropping a particular user as many times as is listed here. As always though, you do you.

TrueGrime

A reoccurring theme surrounding Xbox folks on this forum is that if you're an Xbox fan and outright show it, are excited for news that gets posted here, etc... you're automatically labeled a shill. Even if you're just a fan. If a fan is always going to be labeled a shill regardless, then you're just being irritated at someone being excited for something that you're not concerning gaming. And on an enthusiast forum, that's just a pretty sad way to think.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I don't know you nor the context, but I would always suggest learning to let it go. You have to admit, it's quite surprising to see you namedropping a particular user as many times as is listed here. As always though, you do you.

I wasn't born yesterday friend, i'm not going all of a sudden to be the "bad guy" here.
I mean, you don't know me nor the context (your words) but, you find "surprising" namedropping a "particular" user "as many times" ? On an internet forum ? Maybe...context would help ? Just an idea mate.
How does this work ? People can keep doing the same shit over and over again but when they do get called out then it's the others' fault ?
Take a look at the names "dropped", guess what, from the 3 ones mentioned 2 where banned for the typical console-warring.

If i didn't know better man, i'd think that you're setting up the usual Resetera ban-trap ;)

Top Bottom