• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn/Black Friday Sale Starts Today

Power Pro

I really wish there were still cool show piece games on PC...I built this computer a few months ago, and I feel like I've barely gotten any use out of it, so I keep looking at what's on sale, and it feels like nothing appeals to me, or I've already played it on console. Nothing is PC exclusive, and nothing really takes advantage of the hardware.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
I really wish there were still cool show piece games on PC...I built this computer a few months ago, and I feel like I've barely gotten any use out of it, so I keep looking at what's on sale, and it feels like nothing appeals to me, or I've already played it on console. Nothing is PC exclusive, and nothing really takes advantage of the hardware.

Alan Wake II is exactly what you want if you want to show off a high end PC. It's like playing a next-gen game 5-6 years early.

Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing is up there as well.

Last edited:

Power Pro

Alan Wake II is exactly what you want if you want to show off a high end PC. It's like playing a next-gen game 5-6 years early.

Cyberpunk 2077 with path tracing is up there as well.
Alan Wake 2 is epic store exclusive, and I specifically have a $50 in my steam wallet...plus I just don't use epic launcher.

I know a lot of people keep saying Cyberpunk is better now, but the game was flawed to me beyond the bugs. I played it when it first came out on Xbox Series X, and I ran into very little bugs or crashes actually, so that wasn't my complaint...I just thought the game was boring as hell. Unless that's changed, I don't know if I'm interested.

T-Cake

I know where you're coming from. I'm tempted to just ditch the PS5 once and for all now and go 100% PC instead.

Pakoe

Bought Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 | Pizza Tower | Cassette Beasts | Cult of the Lamb | DAVE THE DIVER | Hidden Folks | Stardew Valley so far.
Is there a hidden gem thread?

Holammer

Bought Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2 | Pizza Tower | Cassette Beasts | Cult of the Lamb | DAVE THE DIVER | Hidden Folks | Stardew Valley so far.
Is there a hidden gem thread?
You can sort Steam by highest rated and find some interesting games.

I recommend Binding of Isaac - Rebirth, Terraria & Hades, but I suspect you already have at least one of them, with such a man of culture selection already bought.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Realized I never finished all those side Half-life games so just bought the bundle. Lots of stuff I won't play but the bundle discount is ridiculous.

Lss3qfN.png

Pakoe

I recommend Binding of Isaac - Rebirth, Terraria & Hades, but I suspect you already have at least one of them, with such a man of culture selection already bought.
You know it brother, I got all three already.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Arma 3. All the DLC + mods

Get on it. Nothing like it 👍

Power Pro

Me looking at the list, and being the Japan nerd I am...I'm like "what's this game at #19? Must be pretty good being so high...."

One of the reviews for said game is:

ZmsVemL.jpg

...oh

Last edited:

AndrewRyan

Wishlist stragglers delight:
Surf World Series - $8.11
Absolver - $6.48
Void Bastards - $9.73
DCL - The Game - $3.24
RIDE 5 - $38.96
Weird West: Definitive Edition - $10.81
SPRAWL - $8.11
Sky Knights - $6.48
Madshot - $9.19
TRON RUN/r - $6.48
WALL E - $6.48

Last edited:
I bought Crusader Kings 3: Chapter 2 dlc. I'm debating on whether to buy the Halo: MCC twice so that I can coop campaign with family. I've already spent so much on videogames this year so I'm reigning myself in.

I have decided to be very picky in my game purchases from now on. I only bought En Garde and, since I have a craving to replay Skyrim, the anniversary upgrade.

I’m currently playing this on PS4 and it has become one of my favourite JRPGs, ever. It is the first in the series for me. The music alone is S-tier. The voice acting, writing, bright graphics, fast combat… all perfectly blend to create a fantastic game.

MikeM

Looking at FFVII Remake as Rebirth is coming soon. Otherwise, i’m holding as my backlog is something out of a horror novel.

Top Bottom