• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Winter Sale is Live

Draugoth

Gold Member
Im only picking Alan Waake 2 on EGS. Wanted to get Spider Man and Intergrade, but spent my money on a used Steam Deck :/

MikeM

I find it wild that TLOU is a bit cheaper on PS than Steam. I thought Steam always beats console pricing?

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I like using Cheapshark to browse storefronts.

Some decent stuff I'm seeing on Steam...
-Half-Life Alyx - $20
-ME Legendary - $6
-L4D2 - $1
-Hunter: Call of the Wild - $4
-Tomb Raider 2013 - $3
-RE2 -$10
-The Ascent - $9

It's worth using Cheapshark to search games you want to buy. GreenManGaming and Fanatical will often beat Steam during sales.

Holammer

Noita is 50% off. A physics based roguelike I have 442 hours in, so consider this a recommendation.

A small discount on Aldro, a roguelike sandbox I've been curious about.

New Tales from the Borderlands is 90% off. I have it on my wishlist ironically.

LOVE³ -Love Cube- is 75% off, a VN with Ishikei's art. Might buy it just to try out the new hidden feature, huehue.

I find it wild that TLOU is a bit cheaper on PS than Steam. I thought Steam always beats console pricing?

I mean the publishers are the ones that dictate pricing. If TLOU is cheaper on PS than Steam, is because Sony made it that way.

Fortunately you can still find it for much cheaper on other PC storefronts. ~$30 on cdkeys.com right now.

Last edited:

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
UjwlsmH.gif

One of the best gifs ever created.

BTW - Steam Sales are great, but at the same time you can and will find a little cheaper prices on places like Humble, Fanatical, and GMG.

I've picked up:

Aliens: Dark Descent
Days Gone ($10! already beat it on PS4, but anxious to give it a go again on PC)
Elden Ring (200+ hours on XSX at launch, ready to go again on PC)
Forspoken (yeah yeah, lots poo-poo'd it, but for $20 I'll give it a run)
Robocop: Rogue City

Last edited:

Boralf

Bought nothing because I bought No Man's Sky 2 weeks ago and I still haven't seen all the planets. Might buy Wreckfest for the Deck at the end of the sale.

bender

What time is it?
After only owning the initial release, I grabbed the Binding of Isaac bundle. My haul:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - $7.49
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth - $6.59
The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ - $5.99
The Binding of Isaac: Repentance - $10.04
DEMON'S TILT - $8.99
XENOTILT - $11.47

You can always get Metal Gear Survive on sale while you wait 🙂

I finished this game on PS4. I wouldn't call it good but it isn't as bad as its' reputation...if that makes any sense. Maybe it was just nice to be in that game engine again.

Last edited:

Soodanim

I finished this game on PS4. I wouldn't call it good but it isn't as bad as its' reputation...if that makes any sense. Maybe it was just nice to be in that game engine again.
Makes sense, we had something fantastic with 5 and it's a damn shame to have it go to waste.

Zimmy68

I'm putting on my Nostradamus hat and predict Sekiro will be $29.99.
Don't hold me too, its just a prediction.

Steam Disappointment Sale is now Live you mean. Sales have been terrible now for years. Not like the good old days of daily and flash deals where the price was actually good. Some games on my wish list now aren't even record lows. Like why bother?

manfestival

Bought this yesterday for $5 CDN. The sale said it'd end yesterday so I got it. Turns out they stretched out the deal to Jan 2 now. lol. They got me to bite early. Bastards in the marketing department!

sooo like, what do you think? For some reason it has me thinking about battle brothers but clearly it is not the same.

Kings Field

How does mass Effect LE play on the deck? Is it just like any other game or do I have to do other shit to make it work?

GHG

How does mass Effect LE play on the deck? Is it just like any other game or do I have to do other shit to make it work?

Plays well, just make sure you have your Steam account linked with your EA origin account. Didn't have to do anything, it just worked by default and runs very well on max settings BTW.

Last edited:

GHG

Total War Pharaoh is available for $17 on CD keys:

Likely the best deal there will be on this for a while.

Highly recommend Diablo IV for anyone who just wants a nice long ARPG. I can't speak for the end game loot grind, because I don't really play endgames, but man, the aesthetics and combat is really really good. Might be my GOTY.

In a world where grim dawn exists and is available for a fraction of the price, I can't agree.

Even PoE is better and that's F2P.

Last edited:

GHG

Shame the DLC never sees a decent discount.

Yeh they don't tend to give the DLC deep discounts but it's still worth it. The definitive edition (which incudes all the DLC) can still be had for less than D4 and will comfortably give hundreds of hours more enjoyment than that.

I'd also recommend this for ARPG fans even though it's still in early access (but not discounted for now so just wishlist it):

Anyway, an older game but also going to check out Jade Empire:

I've held off buying it because apparently it has issues running on modern windows PC's but it seems to run well on the deck if you select Proton experimental:

I'd also recommend this for ARPG fans even though it's still in early access (but not discounted for now so just wishlist it):

Full release February 21st, 2024. Looking forward to it but again, waiting for a discount before buying.

• Strength
Reactions: GHG
Top Bottom