• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

bitbydeath

30 mins for games this year? I really hope not, that would pretty slim pickings for PS owners.
How many titles are you expecting exactly?
That’s a long time for 6 months worth of content. They could show 20 VR games in half that time and have the rest dedicated to the likes of Stray, GoW, Forespoken etc.

How many titles are you expecting exactly?
That’s a long time for 6 months worth of content. They could show 20 VR games in half that time and have the rest dedicated to the likes of Stray, GoW, Forespoken etc.
Well sure if they do a highlight reel but I'd prefer to get a decent look at each game. I'm sure they've got a longer showcase planned later in the summer anyway.

bitbydeath

Well sure if they do a highlight reel but I'd prefer to get a decent look at each game. I'm sure they've got a longer showcase planned later in the summer anyway.
Yeah, the majority of VR only needs a highlight real, then have a bunch of 3min+ trailers for everything else. Hopefully VR2 gets dated and priced.

Last edited:

yurinka

vdwyAdX.jpg
zSB8N7r.jpg
Will Smith Fainting GIF

yurinka

- Silent Hills - I guess Bloober is making this and Sony licensed it? Whatever. No hope for this one unless Kojima is somehow involved. Like wtf has been up to since 2019 anyway?
What Bloober licensed was to put their previous games on PS+. Konami owns Silent Hill, not Bloober.

DJ12

I'm expecting something big (for the scope of a state of play) as Sony have tightened up the leaks and we've had nothing from grubb and his like prior to this event being announced by Sony themselves.

schaft0620

Sony probably doesn't have much to show in the way of first party. Geoff probably has TLOU and GoW.

We probably get one to three first party PS VR2 games.

Insomnaic
GT7
Asobi

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Ummm...

Read carefully? Focuses on third parties...What about FIRST party?

Swift_Star Swift_Star was trying to pull a gotcha to claim that this State of Play proves that gow2 is releasing this year. Is he possibly wrong?! He had me going in the first half...
Why are you asking me to read carefully I just want FFXVI lol. I don't have an issue if first party is missing they will eventually come.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Why are you asking me to read carefully I just want FFXVI lol. I don't have an issue if first party is missing they will eventually come.
That's what Shu said. Is he trying to temper expectations? I think a lot of us have learned not to expect much from these State of Plays, but there have been some recent rumblings to suggest that gow2 *might* release this year, so there may be people expecting that announcement at this presentation. Is Shu trying to set expectations so there isn't some huge backlash? There always seem to be a huge backlash after a state of play so maybe there's no point. lol

YukiOnna

That's what Shu said. Is he trying to temper expectations? I think a lot of us have learned not to expect much from these State of Plays, but there have been some recent rumblings to suggest that gow2 *might* release this year, so there may be people expecting that announcement at this presentation. Is Shu trying to set expectations so there isn't some huge backlash? There always seem to be a huge backlash after a state of play so maybe there's no point. lol
Oh I get it. Whoops my bad.
I don't know the response on twitter/social media is to the State of Play announcement. I thought he was emphasizing the focus on PSVR 2 and big 3rd Party reveals since that's the main focus of the SoP this time.

XXL

30 minutes of "announcements and updates", with some "exciting" third-party reveals and a first look at PSVR2 games
head turn GIF by Doctor Who

Katajx

Gold Member
I hope this is good, but I feel like this is gonna be drip fed. I do like that is early in June though. I was half expecting it to be July and then see you at Gamescom!

Well, all I’m expecting is FFXVI and PSVR2

I just hope what they show impresses

Not expecting anything 1st party PS5 only

Sony no longer having a big E3 really sucks. The industry has really lost a step

Last edited:
Ummm...

Read carefully? Focuses on third parties...What about FIRST party?

Swift_Star Swift_Star was trying to pull a gotcha to claim that this State of Play proves that gow2 is releasing this year. Is he possibly wrong?! He had me going in the first half...

Sony: This will be about some third party titles, plus a glimpse into our VR2 software pipeline.
GAF: I guess first party projects will be there... 🤡🤦‍♂️

CamHostage

I know it's a Third Party + VR event, but one thing I think would be really cool and timely for Sony to highlight in this State of Play would be one mainstream game announcement running on Unreal Engine 5.

I don't know if they could get anybody but indies to bite, (everybody big wants to announce their titles at their own event and/or be part of Sony's actual Showcase event that's probably in Aug/Sept,) but it'd be a significant event to have a "true next-gen game" (not a term I love but I'm sure most get what I mean), a commercial game that uses the new Unreal and fully utilizes its Nanite/Lumen feature set and sets a clear indicator of what future games will do with the technology. Matrix Awakens kind of already was that (and was playable,) but that's a 30GB / single-map / limited mechanics / small-scripted-sequence demo. I really want to see what pro developers will be making as a full production to put on a disc and sell to consumers using this new technology.

Last edited:
Top Bottom