• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

State of Play - June 02, 2022

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
So, the insiders were semi right? This ones longer than normal but i expect a longer showcase in September.

Glad they're doing something regardless! a nice 30 min show.
Yeah this show is a stopgap before the PlayStation showcase. It should have some good stuff in it though

Put your expectations in check but hope for the best. If it is truly vr and 3rd party only, we will probably see ff16, stray, forspoken probably at least.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Why hasn't Sony announced the ps+ games for June yet
Because they are likely to be shit considering they are launching Extra and Premium in June. Just like how Games with Gold turned to shit with Gamepass.
No, because the games are always released on the first Tuesday of the month and announced on the previous Wednesday.

If they had announced it on May 25, the next Tuesday would be on May 31. This has happened multiple times in this past. In months like these, they announce the games on the first Wednesday of the month (which would be June 1st) and release the games on the subsequent Tuesday, which would be the first Tuesday of the month (June 7th).

This is how it's always been.

[Sigma]

No, because the games are always released on the first Tuesday of the month and announced on the previous Wednesday.

If they had announced it on May 25, the next Tuesday would be on May 31. This has happened multiple times in this past. In months like these, they announce the games on the first Wednesday of the month (which would be June 1st) and release the games on the subsequent Tuesday, which would be the first Tuesday of the month (June 7th).

yep

Three

That's a fair point but I suspect that whatever good games they have now will be added to Extra and Premium from now on.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Dance Dancing GIF by tv2norge

Topher

Gold Member
Put your expectations in check but hope for the best. If it is truly vr and 3rd party only, we will probably see ff16, stray, forspoken probably at least.

Yeah, the point others have made that State of Plays have been underwhelming is pretty much on point. I can't help it though. I get excited for this shit and every time it seems like they always pull a Lucy on me.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

rkofan87

Gold Member
tmnt baby and ff16 lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, the point others have made that State of Plays have been underwhelming is pretty much on point. I can't help it though. I get excited for this shit and every time it seems like they always pull a Lucy on me.

Fail Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts
Yeah me too, I get excited but try to simmer it down. Some state of plays been fine but usually just a small taste of what I want.

Chronicle

Look at the responses in this thread. Lol. This is why gamers always get crushed by there own hype. It's kinda pathetic how they do it to themselves.

Chill. Ease the stallion folks.

Why don't sony just do one big showcase instead of breaking it up like this? Just do a packed 60 minute showcase instead. These shorter shows just don't do it for me.
They want to milk it as much as they can, but they still do at least one big event each year.

It also makes more sense to hype people up closer to the end of the year now that E3 isn't a thing anymore.

Last edited:
My god, I thought people in this forum have hobby playing video games. Every second day there is threads crying for something just something and they announce a state of play. And everyone FUCKING complaints.... They are silent, you cry why they are silent and want just some info to know the future, they announce something and you cry that is not what you wanted.
What you want in the end?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If the Silent Hills and MGS remake rumors were true then I would expect to see them here. It's not or never for those games. Especially since they are probably cross gen.

- Silent Hills - I guess Bloober is making this and Sony licensed it? Whatever. No hope for this one unless Kojima is somehow involved. Like wtf has been up to since 2019 anyway?
- MGS Remake - This was supposed to be Mark Cerny's PS5 masterpiece but I guess that was a bs rumor. However, if it's not here then RGT and MiLD need to be banned here.
- FF16 - I would say it should be almost guaranteed to be there after they took last year off.
- RE4 Remake - RE2make was revealed at E3 2018. I think this should be there. Capcom has been very productive since around 2017 showing up pretty much every year with a game. Would be devastated if this is cross gen though.
- Avatar - Sony apparently has marketing rights so it could appear at the sony show.

I dont see Street Fighter and Dragons' Dogma coming out anytime soon. Capcom is busy with RE right now.

Klayzer

My god, I thought people in this forum have hobby playing video games. Every second day there is threads crying for something just something and they announce a state of play. And everyone FUCKING complaints.... They are silent, you cry why they are silent and want just some info to know the future, they announce something and you cry that is not what you wanted.
What you want in the end?
Like I've said many times, very few people on this site actually play or like games. Everything is a bitchfest disguised as a "difference of opinion."

Why hasn't Sony announced the ps+ games for June yet
Because it isn't time. Idk why people haven't realized by now but they are always announced on the Wednesday before the first Tuesday of the month when they go free. The first Tuesday isn't until June 7 so the games aren't due to be announced until June 1.

yurinka

My bet:
  • GoW release date teaser (early September)
  • Stray launch trailer with release date (July)
  • Forspoken trailer with release date (October)
  • Howgarts Legacy trailer with release date (November)
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer with release date (December)
  • Short reminder of the PS+ western relaunch in NA and EU, full list of games for both territories revealed
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 reveal trailer (January 2023)
  • Tchia (February 2023)
  • Pragmata (March 2023)
  • PSVR2 announced for Q1 2023, sizzle with some launch window games: Horizon CoM, Avatar, Half Life Alyx, GT7, Ironman 2, RE 4 remake, Astro Rescue Mission 2, a couple of nice indies and CoD MWII
  • EVO trailer mentioning during its finals they'll include a GoW SoP and big announcements from series like Street Fighter (gameplay reveal, possibly release date and beta), Tekken (Tekken 8 announcement) and Mortal Kombat (MK 12 announcement)

Street Fighter VI/ RE4
Street Fighter 6 (console exclusive?)
They won't show SF6 until summer, and fighting games make their major announcements at (now owned by Sony) EVO finals. Plus, according to the leaked Capcom mails from a couple of years ago SF6 is planned to be multiplatform (in Xbox too) and crossgen.

So maximum they'll put an EVO ad and mention that there will be major announcements from series like Street Fighter (SF6 gameplay debut, and if lucky beta or release date), Tekken (Tekken 8 announcement) or Mortal Kombat (MK 12 announced). Maybe Jimbo even shows up there to mention they bought some of these companies.

Won't happen

Last edited:
My bet:
  • GoW release date teaser (early September, with a GoW SoP during EVO)
  • Stray launch trailer with release date (July)
  • Forspoken trailer with release date (October)
  • Howgarts Legacy trailer with release date (November)
  • Final Fantasy XVI trailer with release date (December)
  • Dragon's Dogma 2 reveal trailer (January 2023)
  • Pragmata (March 2023)
  • PSVR2 announced for Q1 2023, some launch window games: Horizon CoM, Avatar, Half Life Alyx, GT7, Ironman 2, RE 4 remake, Astro Rescue Mission 2, a couple of nice indies and CoD MWII
  • Reminder of the PS+ western relaunch in NA and EU, full list of games for both territories revealed

They won't show SF6 until summer, and fighting games make their major announcements at (now owned by Sony) EVO finals. Plus, according to the leaked Capcom mails from a couple of years ago SF6 is planned to be multiplatform (in Xbox too) and crossgen.

So maximum they'll put an EVO ad and mention that there will be major announcements from series like Street Fighter (SF6 gameplay debut, and if lucky beta or release date), Tekken (Tekken 8 announcement) or Mortal Kombat (MK 12 announced). Maybe Jimbo even shows up there to mention they bought some of these companies.

Won't happen
When/Where do you think they will show the Silent Hill that leaked?

bitbydeath

Looks like this one will be used to round out the remaining titles of the year and a showcase later on, probably September to show new games for next year and beyond.

Top Bottom