• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

PDSdVs3.png

that lean is scary

Jezbollah

I suspect there was an issue with a leak before it landed, but 100% of this flight was a success.

Lighting three engines for landing, and gradually scaling back to one made the landing look so smooth.

The landing legs were always an issue. Looking forward to how they address that.

Just rewatching the Everyday Astronaught stream, he was talking for a really long time after it landed before it blew up

that thing sat there a long time, it landed but the fire got to it.

Clean up

can't wait to see what SN11 does and if they learned anything from SN10

not sure what the changes are for SN15 but it is suppose to be the newer design with some changes

some people keep saying landing legs are not the point right now but I think it is a mistake they should at least put a little effort on working legs

Woo-Fu

Banned
BOOOM

Landing legs are hard..

They haven't designed the real legs yet, these are basically "slap something on there for now." They don't need the final design at this stage so they don't have the final design. Makes sense considering there are any number of other changes to Starship that could happen which would require a rework of the legs.

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Each launch has a price tag of 20 mln dollars or more, perhaps about time we take this shit serious, and he wants to send people to mars ...; if you happen to know one of the dummies, please tell them to add me as a beneficiary (testament).

Much appreciated.

It´s not like they had 25+ years to figure this shit out.

8KhgmCf.png

His tunnel project failed, a tiny tunnel for the model 3 .. on wheels at 50mph and not like he promised 200mph. Every good move with tesla "to go green", he throws away with his SpaceX projects wasting up to 80 tons of fossil fuel with each rocket launch.

3jT7LIU.png

Elon is a Conartist.

^ We don't mind the Elon hate but if you want to debate please start a new thread on your perspective of Elon's failed adventures. Last time I checked The Boring Company had active and funded projects. So don't turn this thread into an Anti-Elon Fan shitfest. We are here to enjoy Science at work, to get away from a shitty uninspired world.

Science and engineering is hard you don't have to be an Elon fanboy to understand none of this is easy to do. It would be worth a debate if your numbers came close to a balance of facts. Elon = Conartist is not a newsworthy statement, when his company is public facing and funded much less than his rivals who get millions to billions and show up with failing projects or no progress at all.

It has been done before sure, but why did they stop funding those projects 25 years ago? 25 years of someone working seriously on these things would have been amazing. Even if work never stopped for those projects, they would most likely gone dark under military funding.

In this country *USA there is a better chance that a company like The Boring Company would close up shop due to not in my back yard mentality.
A tunnel from D.C. to Baltimore, yeah right under who's politics would this project be approved? There are many reasons a company like this should fall on its face trying to dig mega projects under US Cities. Las Vegas might work out but not many areas are going to be open to having tunnels dug under their homes. So if you want to say The Boring Company will fail, I would agree that chances are that company will not find much support in the US.

Still this thread is about what is being built and tested in Boca Chica, not about the politics of the man or the conspiracy that all of this is a con job.
Could the Starship project fail, yes. But it sure beats not trying at all. If you like Science and Space this is your dream candy store. It is fun to watch.

Update

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Each launch has a price tag of 20 mln dollars or more, perhaps about time we take this shit serious, and he wants to send people to mars ...; if you happen to know one of the dummies, please tell them to add me as a beneficiary (testament).

Much appreciated.

It´s not like they had 25+ years to figure this shit out.

8KhgmCf.png

His tunnel project failed, a tiny tunnel for the model 3 .. on wheels at 50mph and not like he promised 200mph. Every good move with tesla "to go green", he throws away with his SpaceX projects wasting up to 80 tons of fossil fuel with each rocket launch.

Man, the space shuttle was goddamn amazing. A legit spaceplane.

I'll always be eternally sad NASA bungled the Shuttle succesor because of a fuel tank design imposed by the NASA administration.

SpaceX seems to be in the middle of expanding the whole area and keeps adding new things everyday

It might take a few months to see how things are shaping up

Last edited:
Top Bottom