• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SpaceX building Starship in Texas (live videos of construction)

sorry if this is a stupid question. i don't really follow everything closely. the way the starship looks right now is that what it'll always look like or is just the "barebones"? will it get a make over when everything is built + tested? it just looks like a big tin can atm. it's still pretty damn cool.

sorry if this is a stupid question. i don't really follow everything closely. the way the starship looks right now is that what it'll always look like or is just the "barebones"? will it get a make over when everything is built + tested? it just looks like a big tin can atm. it's still pretty damn cool.
All Questions are welcomed here. Yes, this is barebones it will change some. This is not the moon lander version so it will change a lot more. We expect windows and heat shields so far but we won't know the final look until testing is done.

update news

MastaKiiLA

Flight is next so keep an eye out for it in the next 48hrs

Fingers and toes crossed that they can land this beast safely this time. I'd like to see the 10km hop go successfully so that I have hope for the first orbital tests. If they can't land it with a 10km cap, I won't have much hope of a solid landing after heat cycling the engines in space and re-entry. This is the closest thing to those space ships we all drew as kids. It's so awesome seeing SpaceX trying to make this dream come true.

I honestly feel like, if musk never entered the market. We would still be moving towards nothingness.
It sure seems that way if you take away everything SpaceX did in the last 10 or so years, we really have no one else to point at and say they did something new.

I'll give the guys that launch out of New Zealand some credit but their rocket is so tiny it is almost a different market.

Blue Origin is the biggest letdown to me because they have deeper pockets but the money did not matter.

NASA halts contract?

these fools keep protesting yet they have shown nothing to get a contract with now we get delays after delays

Last edited:
I don't want to miss anything this week. I think a lot of the no rush on this test flight is the huge pressure coming from the protest that halted the lunar landing contract with NASA

still building continues, you all know Elon wants Starship in orbit sometime this July lol

crazy times ahead

man either there is something really really wrong with SN15 or they are being very very cautious.
I'll vote for being careful, they also have a Starlink Launch today so maybe they did not want to divide their attention too much.

Speaking of Starlink, here is the land prep for the huge factory they will need

Top Bottom