• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We’re Shipping PS5 Accessories Early!

FrankWza

I'm guessing there doing this now so they can ship more PS5 consoles later. Less accessories to ship means you have more space to ship consoles.

they’re not street dated. They can sell them when they get them. That’s the case with most accessories.

VinnyMac

Does anyone know the date they are charging the card? I don't get paid till the 23rd imma be pissed if they cancel my shit. It says you can make changes upto ten days before which would mean they are gonna charge it on the 20th? Or they charging it on the 30th?

TacosNSalsa

Does anyone know the date they are charging the card? I don't get paid till the 23rd imma be pissed if they cancel my shit. It says you can make changes upto ten days before which would mean they are gonna charge it on the 20th? Or they charging it on the 30th?
I think it's very unlikely for them to charge that far in advance. Also it seems like they'll send you an email a day or 2 before they charge to make sure you payment details are in order

Pagusas

Elden Member
I know im old when stuff like this just doesnt interest me at all. Hardware launch? Yawn. Getting accesories early? Oh boy, extra boxes sitting in my house for no reason. yay. When did I stop caring :(

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'd love to get my hands on a Pulse 3D headset. I remember walking into a gamestop a few weeks before the PS4 came out and just grabbing a dualshock 4, then just using it on my PC. Think the headsets will be hard to get at launch, or pretty widely available?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
I know im old when stuff like this just doesnt interest me at all. Hardware launch? Yawn. Getting accesories early? Oh boy, extra boxes sitting in my house for no reason. yay. When did I stop caring :(

I don't see you posting on this forum a few years from now. You've lost your passion.

FrankWza

I'd love to get my hands on a Pulse 3D headset. I remember walking into a gamestop a few weeks before the PS4 came out and just grabbing a dualshock 4, then just using it on my PC. Think the headsets will be hard to get at launch, or pretty widely available?

I think they already are hard to get.I thought the dualsense would be harder to get but it looks like they made a ton. Controllers go out of stock for a while all throughout a generation and especially around launch. I don’t think people fully realize yet that they can use any headphones or headset and get tempest 3d audio just by plugging it into the dualsense. Either that or they don’t want any wires at all?

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’ve noticed a lot of gamers are concerned with being charged, buying a launch console on eBay for more than the original price isn’t normal but I was charged day 1 so worrying about being charged again won’t be an issue.

S0ULZB0URNE

I’ve noticed a lot of gamers are concerned with being charged, buying a launch console on eBay for more than the original price isn’t normal but I was charged day 1 so worrying about being charged again won’t be an issue.
Target charged me when I ordered and then again just recently.
Had to call the card to fix it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Target charged me when I ordered and then again just recently.
Had to call the card to fix it.
Target charged you twice? Weird. I was just trying to provide $ relief lol Pre ordering and paying up front day 1 is definitely the right choice.

Pejo

Just checked my Target order of my Dualsense, still showing Oct 30. I can't wait to get it honestly, I'm so tired of MicroUSB cables going bad when I'm playing wired on PC. I hope the Dualsense comes with drivers for PC or at least uses the DS4 ones. Anybody know the status of Dualsense on PC?

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Bruh a phone for each ear still makes this virtual surround no matter how much Sony spins it.

Yes, you can hear this HRTF-based 3D audio on any device with basic 2.0 stereo. PS5 "produces" HUNDREDS of raytraced sources on the fly, that's different. When recorded, you can hear it on a phone or whatever on youtube. You can have some of that on Gran Turismo 7 trailer and Ratchet trailer.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, you can hear this HRTF-based 3D audio on any device with basic 2.0 stereo. PS5 "produces" HUNDREDS of raytraced sources on the fly, that's different. When recorded, you can hear it on a phone or whatever on youtube. You can have some of that on Gran Turismo 7 trailer and Ratchet trailer.
Good so we are in agreement that 3D audio is virtual.

(like our dreams)

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Good so we are in agreement that 3D audio is virtual.

(like our dreams)

Hmm, to produce this 3D audio you need the tempest engine or use a GPU. I still think those raytraced audio sources would still use the intersection engines on the main GPU to calculate them, or it might work independently as it's a GPU-based CU stripped from its caches and works like an SPU.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, to produce this 3D audio you need the tempest engine or use a GPU. I still think those raytraced audio sources would still use the intersection engines on the main GPU to calculate them, or it might work independently as it's a GPU-based CU stripped from its caches and works like an SPU.
Yes.

Anyway this 3D virtual audio is also coming to tv speakers in the future.

“We’re also in the process of working on virtual surround sound through speakers that are built into TVs,” explained Sony’s Isabelle Tomatis. “Although TV speaker virtual surround sound won’t be available on launch day for PS5, it’s still a feature we are extremely excited about, and our engineers are hard at work on bringing it to PS5 in the future.”

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yes.

Anyway this 3D virtual audio is also coming to tv speakers in the future.

“We’re also in the process of working on virtual surround sound through speakers that are built into TVs,” explained Sony’s Isabelle Tomatis. “Although TV speaker virtual surround sound won’t be available on launch day for PS5, it’s still a feature we are extremely excited about, and our engineers are hard at work on bringing it to PS5 in the future.”

Ok I think you misunderstood me. You don't need Pulse 3D, you can use any basic 2.0 stereo headset/headphone. I might argue that even Sony's classic pro headset MDR-7506 might be one of the best connected through the DualSense.

81TzTAx8weL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Any headset you have now should work perfectly with PS5. I bought Pulse 3D because my Astro A40 (mixer is now useless with no optical input) has a flat bass and I want that punchy bass in gaming. Got some good reviews about the PS Platinum headset so encouraged me to try them. Might as well upgrade to Sony's WH-1000XM4 if I see positive reviews about it with PS5.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I had a hard time finding a pre-order, but I bet more will be on shelves before the end of the year. My pre-order from Target says it should be delivered by Nov 6th.

Ok I think you misunderstood me. You don't need Pulse 3D, you can use any basic 2.0 stereo headset/headphone. I might argue that even Sony's classic pro headset MDR-7506 might be one of the best connected through the DualSense.

Any headset you have now should work perfectly with PS5. I bought Pulse 3D because my Astro A40 (mixer is now useless with no optical input) has a flat bass and I want that punchy bass in gaming. Got some good reviews about the PS Platinum headset so encouraged me to try them. Might as well upgrade to Sony's WH-1000XM4 if I see positive reviews about it with PS5.
I have many wired sets and my mdr7506 studio monitors are still the most comfortable. Love this set ❤️

FrankWza

if they’re able to produce the same connection, which I believe they are, I think the platinum is a superior headset to thepulse. It kind of has to be, doesn’t it? With its price and specs? They’re both closed so you’ll get your bass that way too.

FrankWza

I misread your post. I see. You got the pulse because you heard good things about the platinum. My bad

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I had a hard time finding a pre-order, but I bet more will be on shelves before the end of the year. My pre-order from Target says it should be delivered by Nov 6th.

I have many wired sets and my mdr7506 studio monitors are still the most comfortable. Love this set ❤

I'll do a review about the Pulse 3D vs Astro A40 at least, not sure if that'll help. But I still believe the MDR-7506 connected to the DualSense will be a much superior solution to both.

if they’re able to produce the same connection, which I believe they are, I think the platinum is a superior headset to thepulse. It kind of has to be, doesn’t it? With its price and specs? They’re both closed so you’ll get your bass that way too.

I think the Pulse 3D is a reskinned PS Platinum with minor tweak, so being cheaper actually makes sense. I hoped that Pulse 3D will have the rumble/haptic feedback to be a true successor to PS3's Pulse headset that had rumble with explosions and so:

maxresdefault.jpg

There is no indication in the Pulse 3D that'll support further signals above basic 2.0 stereo like 5.1/7.1. But I think it'll do as some use them for PC as well.

I misread your post. I see. You got the pulse because you heard good things about the platinum. My bad

Yes, and it's most likely a reskinned Platinum with minor tweaks.

Last edited:

FrankWza

I'll do a review about the Pulse 3D vs Astro A40 at least, not sure if that'll help. But I still believe the MDR-7506 connected to the DualSense will be a much superior solution to both.

I think the Pulse 3D is a reskinned PS Platinum with minor tweak, so being cheaper actually makes sense. I hoped that Pulse 3D will have the rumble/haptic feedback to be a true successor to PS3's Pulse headset that had rumble with explosions and so:

maxresdefault.jpg

There is no indication in the Pulse 3D that'll support further signals above basic 2.0 stereo like 5.1/7.1. But I think it'll do as some use them for PC as well.

Yes, and it's most likely a reskinned Platinum with minor tweaks.

I’m thinking any of the USB adapter for wireless headphones will process tempest. I’m just think that, as a straight up best sound quality headset, theplatinum is the best bet. It’s closed back if you prefer bass. And it came after the Sonys that had the cracked headband issues. It has 50mm drivers that appear bigger than the pulse 3d ps5’s. I can’t find any driver info on those though. But yeah, the biggest coup is being able to plugany headphones you want into the dualsense AND be able to get tempest. As long as you don’t mind the wire to your controller. Although, 3d pulse/platinums can work wired too so you have both options if they need a charge. I have a set preordered and I’ll give them a go and compare to my setup(fidelity x2hr vmoda combo and mixamp) but I’m thinking I may want to find a set of platinums just in case.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I’m thinking any of the USB adapter for wireless headphones will process tempest. I’m just think that, as a straight up best sound quality headset, theplatinum is the best bet. It’s closed back if you prefer bass. And it came after the Sonys that had the cracked headband issues. It has 50mm drivers that appear bigger than the pulse 3d ps5’s. I can’t find any driver info on those though. But yeah, the biggest coup is being able to plugany headphones you want into the dualsense AND be able to get tempest. As long as you don’t mind the wire to your controller. Although, 3d pulse/platinums can work wired too so you have both options if they need a charge. I have a set preordered and I’ll give them a go and compare to my setup(fidelity x2hr vmoda combo and mixamp) but I’m thinking I may want to find a set of platinums just in case.

Hmm, I think it also has 50mm drivers. I think it'll be on par or better than the platinums, honestly. Here is what Sony has to say:

How Games Were Made to Sound™
Enjoy a seamless, wireless experience with a headset fine-tuned for 3D Audio on PS5 consoles1. The PULSE 3D wireless headset features a refined design with dual noise-cancelling microphones, USB Type-C® charging, and an array of easy-access controls.

Some think that "sound how dev intend it" or "see as devs intend it" are some BS, but the difference when I went from my 4K LCD LG to 4K HDR LCD Sony was massive and details used to be heavily crushed previously. This should be true to all PS headsets though.

Built for a new generation
Fine-tuned for 3D Audio
The PULSE 3D wireless headset has been specifically tuned to deliver the 3D Audio made possible by the PlayStation®5 console.