• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We’re Shipping PS5 Accessories Early!

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I just got an email from Sony for my orders placed directly at their store:

Hello Valued Consumer,​
Great news! We are excited to be shipping PS5™ accessories early! The new launch date of your pre-order item(s) will now be 10/30/2020.

If you’d like to keep your pre-order reservation, no additional action is required at this time. We will send you a reminder email in a few days to confirm your payment and shipping details so that we may charge your card prior to shipping the item to you. Make sure to double check your shipping and payment information is correct in the next few days. And if you pre-ordered your items while signed-in you will need to be signed-in to modify your details.

Thank you for being such a valued PlayStation consumer!

My Charging Station and Controller orders say Oct 30 now.

Not just that, a friend is getting a console as well!

DNUXG8j.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
All the accessory emails say “PS5 digital”. If you look up the order number it is for an accessory and not a digital PS5.

sainraja

I would feel guilty to get PS5 can you imagine someone wants a PS5 so bad for the holidays?

Well, if not a copy error and they really are sending a PS5, then it would be your good luck! I am sure they would have to fulfill the order for that person specially if they messed up (they wouldn't ask for yours back, unless you offered it, I imagine.)

Last edited:
Reactions: PSX

Eternal21

They all say DIGITAL. Mine says the same thing. Look up your actual order id number, and you'll see it's one of the accessories.

Last edited:

soulbait

I am not a thief i will definitely return it :lollipop_worried:

Usually in these types of instances, if you receive the incorrect product and notify the retailer, they will just tell you to keep it. Especially when it is a relatively expensive product (a $400 console will not mess up a retailer).

Reactions: PSX

AeneaGames

You‘re so misguided and wrong here, I don’t even know where to start...Sony marketing bullshit really hits some people in the logic holes hard.

What Sony has made is ANOTHER surround simulation like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X but the difference is their formats never become widespread because they keep them in their own device. There is even a chance that this solution they made themselves might be inferior like MS’ own Windows Sonic, the difference being MS has opened itself to the two main giants that do audio for a living.

Edit: reject reality all you want, Sony has the last laugh selling a pair of overpriced underperforming headphones that will probably be extremely uncomfortable.

You and Bo_Hazem Bo_Hazem need a reality check.

Bo, if virtual surround is fake then so is Sony's 3d audio. Both use similar ways to emulate actual surround/3d audio. The only real 3d audio out there would need many physical speakers, not a stereo headphone.

Jaysius, Sony is also a company that does sound, MS is just a software company. The belief that MS is going to make something better is not based in reality. If I had to choose between an audio consumer electronics company which owns music labels, music studios, makes professional audio and movie equipment and owns movie studios on one side and a software company on the other my bet is on the former to make something better.

If you merely look at the specs of what the Tempest engine can do and look at the limitations of the tech of the companies MS is working with it's rather clear that Sony's is better, on paper at least.

Hopefully the games get faster home too rather than the console. I would hate to be waiting on Demon Souls Day One. Last gen I had no issues. I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

Grinchy

Banned
They sent me 2 separate emails about it, and each one says PS5 Digital.

If I chomp on some paint chips and lower my brain activity to near zero, I will come away convinced that I'm getting 2 PS5 DEs and not that there was just some simple mistake!

sainraja

You‘re so misguided and wrong here, I don’t even know where to start...Sony marketing bullshit really hits some people in the logic holes hard.

What Sony has made is ANOTHER surround simulation like Dolby Atmos or DTS:X but the difference is their formats never become widespread because they keep them in their own device. There is even a chance that this solution they made themselves might be inferior like MS’ own Windows Sonic, the difference being MS has opened itself to the two main giants that do audio for a living.

Edit: reject reality all you want, Sony has the last laugh selling a pair of overpriced underperforming headphones that will probably be extremely uncomfortable.

Are you going to be okay?

Isa

Hell yeah, it begins! I don't mind having some of the goods a little early. I'm still slowly making my way through some amazing games, there is plenty to keep me occupied until the 12th. Got the first three weeks of November off just for this. A new gen doesn't come around that often, gotta celebrate.

yurinka

I'd to see them shipping the console early instead, and opening a new, bigger batch of console preorders

trikster40

I ordered an extra DualSense, the header, charging station, and the camera. Got two emails, so assuming I’m only getting two of those early.

Esit: nope, looks like all of them! Awesome.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Is this only for the PlayStation website preorders? I have a target preorder for accessories.
It seems like it would be really unfair for retailers if Sony gets to break their own street date, so I'm really hoping my Pulse headset from Target ships on 10/30 too.

nyr88nyg

Banned
It seems like it would be really unfair for retailers if Sony gets to break their own street date, so I'm really hoping my Pulse headset from Target ships on 10/30 too.
Yeah I would be pissed. A poster just showed that they got a message from best buy weeks ago changing he date to 10/30. I haven’t gotten any such thing :messenger_pouting:

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah I would be pissed. A poster just showed that they got a message from best buy weeks ago changing he date to 10/30. I haven’t gotten any such thing :messenger_pouting:
Nice! Well, if Best Buy is changing it too, I feel like we will luck out with Target as well.

Barakov

Gold Member
I just got an email from Sony for my orders placed directly at their store:

Hello Valued Consumer,​
Great news! We are excited to be shipping PS5™ accessories early! The new launch date of your pre-order item(s) will now be 10/30/2020.

If you’d like to keep your pre-order reservation, no additional action is required at this time. We will send you a reminder email in a few days to confirm your payment and shipping details so that we may charge your card prior to shipping the item to you. Make sure to double check your shipping and payment information is correct in the next few days. And if you pre-ordered your items while signed-in you will need to be signed-in to modify your details.

Thank you for being such a valued PlayStation consumer!

My Charging Station and Controller orders say Oct 30 now.
iu

nyr88nyg

Banned
Got an email today from target with the changed date. Pretty sweet that I’ll have the accessories on launch day instead of the 13-18th.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
They sent out a correction email today to mention "PS5 Digital" listed was incorrect. The new email says "PS5 Controller".

xPikYx

I'm really undecided about which next controller is best for PC I hope Dual sense will be Windows 10 ready instead of using 3rd party drivers like Dual shock 4

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I got it too. The email must be bugged bc it told me I had a PS5 DE pre-ordered on that account but it's just a charging station.

I had the same issue. Kinda worried me for a moment. I had ordered the disk-version so I would have been woefully disappointed if I was given the digital version instead.

Haven't heard anything back about my Xbox Series X preorder, but I am hoping that something similar doesn't happen there. Would much prefer to keep my gaming physical as long as I can!

Grinchy

Banned
I had the same issue. Kinda worried me for a moment. I had ordered the disk-version so I would have been woefully disappointed if I was given the digital version instead.

Haven't heard anything back about my Xbox Series X preorder, but I am hoping that something similar doesn't happen there. Would much prefer to keep my gaming physical as long as I can!
I was on the other end of that - if they were going to send me 2 PS5 DEs instead of the charging station and media remote I ordered, I wouldn't have made much of a fuss :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Luckily it was all just some strange problem with their email system, though. I definitely would have been upset to find any of my disc preorders becoming digital.

truth411

I'm guessing there doing this now so they can ship more PS5 consoles later. Less accessories to ship means you have more space to ship consoles.

Top Bottom