• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony: We’re Shipping PS5 Accessories Early!

OrionNebula

SPJLHsl.jpg

That review is BS, people are buying it (As I am myself), to take advantage of The Tempest Audio Engine for the gaming, the review only talks about music, sorry but who the fuck cares about that?!

Either talk about the gaming side of it or GTFO your review is worthless. Looking forward to the embargo being lifted for this closer to PS5 release.

FrankWza

Got 3D pulses, DualSense and Media remote. I guess the packaging was done this way to be environmentally friendly but it’s not great looking. Looks like insignia brand.

Calverz

Sound engineer confirms £80 sony headphones are average.
Sony fanboys create lies to justify why he is wrong.
Shock

Grinchy

Banned
Got 3D pulses, DualSense and Media remote. I guess the packaging was done this way to be environmentally friendly but it’s not great looking. Looks like insignia brand.
The design on the packaging is just so bland. It doesn't catch the eye at all. Was a ton of white dye better for the environment than colors or something? I really don't get it.

An intern at a design studio could have made better looking designs on the lunch break of his first day while on the phone with his grandma telling her how the new opportunity is going.

Thabass

Got my PS5 controller today.

Me: "OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS ON MY PC. SONY HAS TO HAVE UPDATED IT'S PC SUPPORT RIGHT?"
*Plugs into PC*
*Turns on Watch Dogs: Legion*
*Controller does nothing*

Me: "Oh, so it's just a DS4 then. Nothing has changed. Carry on."

Grinchy

Banned
Got my PS5 controller today.

Me: "OH BOY I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY THIS ON MY PC. SONY HAS TO HAVE UPDATED IT'S PC SUPPORT RIGHT?"
*Plugs into PC*
*Turns on Watch Dogs: Legion*
*Controller does nothing*

Me: "Oh, so it's just a DS4 then. Nothing has changed. Carry on."
Should anyone have expected the PC version of Watch Dogs to have PS5 controller code in it? The software is telling the controller what to do, right? The controller doesn't just sense what you are doing on screen and come up with a related feedback lol

Thabass

Should anyone have expected the PC version of Watch Dogs to have PS5 controller code in it? The software is telling the controller what to do, right? The controller doesn't just sense what you are doing on screen and come up with a related feedback lol

I don't think you get how controls work on PC. It probably doesn't support x-input which is normally a Microsoft licensed thing. I was hoping that DualSense would support the tech...but, alas.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't think you get how controls work on PC. It probably doesn't support x-input which is normally a Microsoft licensed thing. I was hoping that DualSense would support the tech...but, alas.
lol oh I thought you were saying you expected the haptics stuff to be working

If you run the exe through Steam, Steam at least has actual PS4 drivers. Maybe they will work for the PS5 controller?

Thabass

lol oh I thought you were saying you expected the haptics stuff to be working

If you run the exe through Steam, Steam at least has actual PS4 drivers. Maybe they will work for the PS5 controller?

Yeah, some games work (like Fall Guys), but the rest don't. I'm sad. I wanted to use this as a PC controller sometimes. Oh well.

MiguelItUp

Yeah, some games work (like Fall Guys), but the rest don't. I'm sad. I wanted to use this as a PC controller sometimes. Oh well.
You may still be able to at some point, it's still a bit early. I wouldn't jump to such a conclusion just yet...

FrankWza

The design on the packaging is just so bland. It doesn't catch the eye at all. Was a ton of white dye better for the environment than colors or something? I really don't get it.

An intern at a design studio could have made better looking designs on the lunch break of his first day while on the phone with his grandma telling her how the new opportunity is going.

it looks just like Bestbuy house brand Insignia. But the controller feels great and the headphones feel a bit better than I thought. I’m go
Is the packaging really that important? It's just going to get tossed as soon the product is unboxed anyway.

not everyone does. But it’s nice to have nicely designed packaging. It’s not a big deal just a thing

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Got my Dualsense today. It's quite a bit heavier than the DS4, and definitely bigger, but man does it feel fantastic to hold. Grips nicely and the ergonomics make the triggers/bumpers easy to reach. Super anxious to see/feel it in action in 13 days 😎

Top Bottom