• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So are Sony actually going to show anything during E3 ‘21 or what?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Can't even buy a fucking PS5 so why have a show?
Happy Sunday Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Banjo64

cumsessed
Dude, you’re the one that needs to educate themselves.

Straw man - an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

You - GAF says Returnal is bigger than HALO

Me - that’s a straw man, no one has made that argument.

You - Do you think Returnal is going to make 4 million sales.

Actually, no. No I don’t. That’s why it’s a fucking straw man. Idiot.
You still don’t understand what a straw man is even though you can Google the definition :messenger_tears_of_joy:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
If Sony only has Horizon, God of War and GT7 from now until the end 2022 then that is a massive fail. They keep on bragging about their investment in their FP so I want to see it
Especially considering the fact that they are all cross gen. By the end of 2022, MS will have at least two next gen games out in Starfield and that new Arcane game. I would be shocked if Sony doesnt have any next gen only games in 2022. They have had a fantastic year 1 already, but year 2 with just cross gen games is not a good look.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Not sure but one of those insiders on ResetEra today said they have a show arranged for "a couple more weeks".
No idea how accurate it is but she's apparently pretty good for info like this.
To be honest Kojima on Friday said more details of DS Director's Cut will be revealed in a few weeks so there must be a show coming up.

Last edited:

BootsLoader

Banned
I think communication is what people want. That's part of what E3 is all about.
And Sony has been failing massively on this front lately.

People also want to know what the next PS5 exclusive is after Ratchet and Clank.
Sony is not going to communicate via E3. What’s next? Horizon? Gow? Gt7? They are doing great on that. Launched with Demon Souls, then Returnal and after that RC. What do you have to play today on Series X? Game pass last gen games only?

KAL2006

Banned
My prediction

Early July Event

Begins with God of War Ragnarok Gameplay
Death Stranding EE Releases in August
COD Vanguard Trailer
GTAV E&E Trailer
Final Fantasy 16 Trailer
Kena Trailer
FIFA 2021 Showcase
Stray Gameplay
Deathloop Trailer
Arrowhead Games New IP Reveal
Insert another new Indie Game reveal
Forsaken Trailer
Ghostwire Tokyo Trailer
Gran Turismo 7 Trailer
Horizon Forbidden West Trailer with Horizon 1 getting a 60FPS patch (available now)
Reveal of Last of Us Online to finish off the conference only given a 2022 release date

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Sony is not going to communicate via E3. What’s next? Horizon? Gow? Gt7? They are doing great on that. Launched with Demon Souls, then Returnal and after that RC. What do you have to play today on Series X? Game pass last gen games only?
It doesn't have to be in direct comparison to Xbox's E3. I'm not competing with you for Xbox's honor, sorry.
But I think there should be a few exclusive PS5 games on the map to be aware of. Hate to have to say it, but cross-gen exclusives don't hold the same weight.

BootsLoader

Banned
It doesn't have to be in direct comparison to Xbox's E3. I'm not competing with you for Xbox's honor, sorry.
But I think there should be a few exclusive PS5 games on the map to be aware of. Hate to have to say it, but cross-gen exclusives don't hold the same weight.
Oh they will be. No PlayStation owner is worried about exclusive games. Story has shown that many many times. Also, look at Horizon Forbidden West, no Xbox exclusive looks like it so far and it is a cross gen game. So I’m not sure for the weight you are talking about.

As good as Returnal and Ratchet are, Horizon has to drop this year. Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Forza Horizon 5 and Halo is a quality and varied line up.
Plenty more exclusives coming out this year for PlayStation. Kena and Deathloop are looking great.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
In a few weeks they're going to have their own event.
There is a reason why COD, FFXVI and other big games have gone missing in action at E3 (all big games with a Sony marketing partnership)

This HAS to be the reason! No way all those games have nothing to say around the same time all their competing games do.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Honestly most of the games I care for PS5 are third party since most of their first party Japanese games is currently nonexistent.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Plenty more exclusives coming out this year for PlayStation. Kena and Deathloop are looking great.
Sorry, I can never keep up anymore whether Bathesda games are good or shit. It seems to vary depending on the topic.

These are both timed exclusives though, as far as I know.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
If there is one thing most of us can agree on is Sonys mishandling of information I think. I dont think they necessarily had to have some huge E3 blowout and its kind of unrealistic to expect one every single year. Showing off Horizon Forbidden West gameplay for 15 minutes a bit ago before E3 just by itself was better than half of the E3 shows imo.
I think that's fair. Good communication doesn't have to be done through things like E3.

I think it's reasonable that people expect something from Sony right now though. They've gotten a lot of bad press of late and there actually isn't a lot on their docket when it comes to next-gen games. People want to know what's up.

Is Spider-Man 2 cross-gen?

Are there any PS5 exclusive games to look forward to after Ratchet?

What's with GOW? You announced it for 2021 initially, so surely you can finally show us some of it? It needs to be done in about a year, so show something.

I think these are fair questions and you'd think they'd have an E3, as is typical of the industry, to catch us up on some of that.
Oh they will be. No PlayStation owner is worried about exclusive games. Story has shown that many many times. Also, look at Horizon Forbidden West, no Xbox exclusive looks like it so far and it is a cross gen game. So I’m not sure for the weight you are talking about.
As a Playstation fan, I'm not worried about exclusive games, but I am a little worried they are all going to be cross-gen. Horizon looks gorgeous, graphically. Gameplay-wise? It'll be great, just like the first, I'm a bit bummed that it won't be using next-gen features, like Ratchet and Clank is capable of doing, so I'd like to know there is more like the that coming down the pike. Most people bought next-gen consoles to see innovations in gameplay that is only possible on the new hardware.

I'm not sure why you have to look at everything through the eyes of Xbox. If Xbox jumped off a bridge, would Playstation do it too?
But if we are comparing recent showings to Xbox, than Microsoft has done a wonderful job. Their E3 presentation was great and it let people know what is coming down the line. Lots of specific information: 'Here are a ton of quality games coming down the line, here is the platform it is on, here is when they are coming, and here is how much it costs."

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
Forgive me, and I'm only replying to the title of the thread.

But didn't Sony a few years ago specifically say they are no longer going to participate in E3. This shouldn't be a surprise by now no?

Especially considering the fact that they are all cross gen. By the end of 2022, MS will have at least two next gen games out in Starfield and that new Arcane game. I would be shocked if Sony doesnt have any next gen only games in 2022. They have had a fantastic year 1 already, but year 2 with just cross gen games is not a good look.

You said Microsoft will have 2 next gen exclusives by the end of 2022, but sony already have 2 with returnal and ratchet and clank? Of course they'll have ps5 only games in 2022.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Honestly, what would be the fucking point?

Ps5s are harder to get hold of than a pile of rocking horse shit, we pretty much know about every game that’s coming in the next year, a lot of games are delayed thanks to Covid, and they’re still massively dominant, and the competition didn’t really shift the dial yesterday.

So what’s worse? No E3 show, or a shit one because there’s not that much concrete to talk about?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They are interested in doing their own presentations now.. which leaves them room to be focused on even more, and doesn't force a specific timing for them.

So.. probably not.. the only reason they would is if they somehow thought giving MS more of a spotlight was bad for them, but I doubt they'll determine that.

In the next month they'll do their own presentation and take over the media narrative most likely again.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Expect a State of Play in a few weeks. They'll wait for the dust to settle on E3 then BAM.....

God of War: Ragnarok
GT7
Spider-Man 2
Resistance trilogy remaster
Jade Raymond IP
Call of Duty WW2: Vanguard
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5 console exclusive)
Metal Gear Solid remake
Final Fantasy Origin
Final Fantasy 16
New Guerrilla multiplayer shooter.
Silent Hill