• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Console Graphics King?

devilNprada

Id say its still RDR2 from last gen....
Which says alot about current gen
Riding on horseback through the snow with a PS4 on an OLED TV was a showcase on how video games should look..
Made me say "wow".
The characters were a bit meh though...
Microsoft Flight Simulator
I think using flight simulator is a bit of a copout because there are no characters, and characters are so hard to get right...

My view is AC games have had the best of both scenery and character combination..
Haven't seen Mirage yet but no one has brought it up at all...

Codes 208

Demon souls is still up there for me. Though Miles Morales + RT was another stunner

Like a i can’t emphasize enough how damn impressed i was with bluepoint’s remake. I would KILL for a bloodborne remake in this engine

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I think we had this exact same thread recently.
Either way, all things considered and taking performance into account I still think it's Forbidden West by a mile. Haven't played all major games this gen but so far this is the only one that has really impressed me visually

q4nzl9T.gif
14ba1adeea805d3827e8f672b7b747ff.jpg

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I think we had this exact same thread recently.
Either way, all things considered and taking performance into account I still think it's Forbidden West by a mile. Haven't played all major games this gen but so far this is the only one that has really impressed me visually

q4nzl9T.gif
OMG it looks like she shit her pants.

Anyway:
Flight Sim Series X
Starfield
Gears 5 Series X
Gears 5 Hivebusters
Forza Horizon 5
A Plague Tale Requiem
HiFi Rush
Atomic Heart
Ori and the Will of the Wisps

Reallink

This isn't even a conversation, Forbidden West by a generational mile. And the reason is dirt simple even to a toddler, because it dumps all the processing into geometric density, complexity, and clutter.

SHA

I don't like great graphics just for view without doing something meaningful, games should feel like games, every place should matter and has it's purpose, games aren't museums.

AGRacing

It’s the 60fps version of Fortnite with Lumen and Nanite running. Doesn’t always translate in quick videos… but the lighting and RT in that game is amazing especially for 60fps. Game doesn’t get anywhere near the credit it deserves in visuals since that UE5 update.

DanielG165

Throw my hat in for Starfield (interiors and lighting), and Callisto Protocol. The latter is heavily underrated these days, graphically.

King Dazzar

you have my axe.

Best interiors and lighting in a game bar none.

oTOj0r3.gif

miDERBC.gif
I think its got excellent detail. But these days for me personally. To say a game has great lighting (I understand what you're trying to convey), it needs superb HDR. And that's where Starfield fell flat. Dead Space Remake's lighting is much better and has sublime HDR to present it. Even if its art style and locales are more limited. I did respect Starfield's detail though.

Crayon

Might be horizon. Demons looks awesome, but I never put my finger on why. Ratchet looks incredible but gets overlooked because it's cartoony.

Are the people saying flight simulator on drugs? The game is great until you go near the ground.

If we're being honest, the best-looking console game so far, is HFW. For me, anyone saying otherwise probably has not played the game.
It's called Flightsim, you know flying not on the ground 😅

Top Bottom