• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Current Console Graphics King?

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Alright boys and weebs. What do we think is the current best looking console game? All genres welcome.

Some likely choices:

Cyberpunk 2077 (yes console version)
Spider-Man 2
Last of Us 2
Ghost of Tsushima
Guardians of the Galaxy
Mortal Kombat 1
Horizon Forbidden West
God of War Ragnarok
Gran Turismo 7
Forza
Final Fantasy XVI
Ratchet and Clank
Starfield
Resident Evil 4 Remake
Last of us 1 Remake
Death Stranding

—-

Not sure if I missed any but likely did.

For me ? I think it’s Mortal Kombat 1. The stage detail is insane , character models top shelf, fantastic lighting and shadows, and more.

All original photo mode, no filters whatsoever. The image quality is insane.

Rc6dumx.jpg

k5FqUoS.jpg
AWzBxPJ.jpg

Last edited:

Fbh

I think we had this exact same thread recently.
Either way, all things considered and taking performance into account I still think it's Forbidden West by a mile. Haven't played all major games this gen but so far this is the only one that has really impressed me visually

q4nzl9T.gif

Last edited:

Hugare

Best tech + art combo is Cyberpunk

Its jaw dropping, even with simple RT on consoles.

HFW is better tech wise, I believe, but environments arent as crazy as Cyberpunk's

Ray tracing mode on Callisto Protocol had me saying wow for the first time in a long time.

Callisto's visuals are really underrated

Say what you want about the game, it's still one of the best looking games. Way better than Dead Space.

King Dazzar

Some parts of GoW Ragnarok still amazes me more than anything else. Its art direction and fidelity in its 60fps mode are top drawer. Its the best for me. Some areas of TLOU Pt1 remake and even Uncharted look quite surreal in places. I love HFW and Burning Shores, but the art direction isn't quite there for me, but its still excellent too.

XSX, I actually still prefer FH4 over 5. Nothing much else has moved the needle for me tbh, which is a shame. Its got some great looking games, but not on the same level as something like Ragnarok.

Raonak

Banned
For me Spiderman 2 has been very disappointing and I am playing on Fidelity.
Looks great to me outside the first sandman battle.
Swining through the city with the right lighting conditions looks about as real as a city is gonna look.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

HighPoly

Banned
I know people in this thread will not understand my position but...
MK1 is by far the best graphic in 2023...
The scenario's textures, geometry, and I know that characters are a little bit more cartoony like.
Well, the visual in general, I mean, the concept in general you know?? the game looks absolutely amazing!

Had to read through the OP's list twice, can't believe RDR2 is missing, still arguably the king all things considered. Horizon is of course up there, Cyberpunk is up there, Ragnarok, TLoU2, Spider-Man 2 are all up there, GT7 most definitely.

It's remarkable that 5 years later RDR2 still looks as good as it does from it's animations, lighting (lord have mercy), level of detail, physics, everything. Give us that native PS5 version R*, don't you want more money!? GTA6 is going to be bananas.

Gamerguy84

Ratchet and clank is gorgeous, SM2, Horizon, GT7 and GT7 VR (it has a whole different look in VR. Viewing a car in your garage looks 100% real.

I don't have an Xbox but I do have a 3060ti so csnt really comment on xbox side

S0ULZB0URNE

I know people in this thread will not understand my position but...
MK1 is by far the best graphic in 2023...
The scenario's textures, geometry, and I know that characters are a little bit more cartoony like.
Well, the visual in general, I mean, the concept in general you know?? the game looks absolutely amazing!
Yeah sorry I don't think it even beats SF6 but I respect your opinion bro.

Top Bottom