• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Previews are dropping

I'm a dumbass. I've been following this for a bit and just watched previews excitedly until I realized this is Xbox only and alas...I do not own an Xbox.

Bubba J What GIF by Jeff Dunham

Spaceman292

Banned
I did. Thats what my second post on this topic was about. I saw nothing Arkane in the videos, nothing i havent seen in any other open world game like Far Cry. Nothing innovative, nothing new, nothing interesting. Oh right, we fight vampires with powers, awesome..i guess.
In the first video they walk into a place called House of Echoes which looks very Arkaney. Seems like the interesting stuff is underneath the sort of suburban surface.

Watched Jack Frags preview and I was actually quite surprised. The official trailers have done nothing for me but previews so far are more positive for me. Keeping my eyes peeled on this one.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Was Harvey claiming to be apolitical?
No, I am commenting on where he said "Most AAA studios" ... none claim this. Most games have political angles in them, outside of maybe Eastern ones still.

The point seems to be that most games pretend to be apolitical but Harvey Smith does the opposite and 100% owns it.
I should have worded it better, my comment was that most AAA studios have shoehorned politics, this being no different than the rest.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
In the first video they walk into a place called House of Echoes which looks very Arkaney. Seems like the interesting stuff is underneath the sort of suburban surface.

That was also present in the last Wolfenstein game with the two chicks. It was co-made with Arkane and they designed the levels afair and we know how that turned out. You'd think a combination of great level design makers and great shooting designers working toghether would make the perfect coop shooter right? Yeah...Sorry, but but this aint clicking with me at all. Like I said, I will still play it eventually but doubt I'll be impressed.

Spaceman292

Banned
That was also present in the last Wolfenstein game with the two chicks. It was co-made with Arkane and they designed the levels afair and we know how that turned out. You'd think a combination of great level design makers and great shooting designers working toghether would make the perfect coop shooter right? Yeah...Sorry, but but this aint clicking with me at all. Like I said, I will still play it eventually but doubt I'll be impressed.
I see you in a lot of threads and you've got to be the most negative person on here lmao

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Then the second bit around Harvey's comments is irrelevant
It's redundant. Everything is political nowadays, this is no more special because he wears it on his sleeve. Speaking about the Twitter guy making a "big deal, go comrade, go," not Harvey.

Excellent news that Arkane has figured out people don’t want SP games tied to an internet required setting. Maybe just maybe they saw the backlash from people and decided to do this. Either way no SP game should require an online connection imo. Once the server support is pulled you lose the game.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Any chance the steam version signs you into an Xbox account and I can have cross platform progression...that would be amazing!

Hopefully all Microsoft games allow this.....Then I can play wherever I want with the same account.

Last edited:

dem

The AI looks really bad..

I give Arkane the benefit of the doubt... but this doesn't look good.

Last edited:

Vlodril

They seem to be going further and further away from what i want personally from them. I really liked dishonored 1 and 2. I thought prey had an amazing environment (the station was very good) but the enemies were all samey , didn't like the constant respawns (in the end i just run through them) and stealth wasn't really a viable path. Deathloop was even worst in some aspect (the shooting was bad and they forgot to actually put the story in the 3rd act). This seems even further from the immersive sim the dishonored games were.

Can't blame them though since no one bought those games.

GymWolf

Kinda intrigued by the positive opinions about the gunplay, i hope it's MUCH better than deathloop.

Do these previews have only b-roll footage?

Alebrije

I like Arcane games but after Deadloop will wait for reviews...since do not have Gamepass..

Does.this game.comes to Xbox one X too?

Chukhopops

Never seen a bad Arkane game so I think this will be at least good.

Even after reading the two previews I’m not clear exactly how the gameplay works and how loot factors into it. Also seems like the previews were all single player?

gothmog

Gold Member
I think I would be more excited if this wasn't a vampire game. Pick anything else like ghosts, movie monsters, aliens, and I think I would be happy.

Lunarorbit

I've never played a Farcry game, or an Arkane game. I don't typically buy this style of game, so maybe I'll be into it. Glad I get to try it out without risk. I'm usually into vampires, so I like that aspect already.

Hoping that they have a lot of fantasy elements in the "alternate dimension" sections.
Really? No farcry games at all? Guess it's not that weird since the only COD I've played is modern warfare 2 on ps3.

Don't know about deathloop but prey is awesome. Just on that game alone I'm gonna check it out. I'd give it a go punished. Maybe it's just my excitement cause I just got an S but a semi tactical faster shooter sounds fun.

Top Bottom