• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Previews are dropping

Draugoth

Gold Member
Videos:

Blogposts:

IGN:
https://www.ign.com/articles/redfall-hands-on-preview?utm_source=twitter
Eurogamer: https://www.eurogamer.net/redfall-d...rn-on-single-player-always-online-restriction
Pcgamesn: https://www.pcgamesn.com/redfall/gameplay-preview
Xbox:

Last edited:

Kacho

And the developers are working to remove the online-only requirement for the single player.

Awesome.

"There's no store in the game, and there's no microtransactions," Smith told me, pre-empting any suspicion the game was always online so it could simply always be ready to sell you more stuff.

Then why make it always online? I absolutely despise the west’s fixation on online services.

Anyway if they remove it I’ll buy and play it.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
thats-an-ad-thats-an-ad-jimmy.gif

nemiroff

Gold Member
I want to see how those dlc characters look like. The main ones are still horrible.

It's Arkane.., lol..

The more I see of this game the more I don't want to play it

Heh, it's the complete opposite for me.. Had my expectations extremely low and have been pretty negative even from everything I've heard until now. But from watching these previews I already know I'm probably gonna like this game, and for that matter more than Deathloop.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Lies No GIF

Let's not ignore the fact that leaked playtest screenshots clearly showed an 'item store'.

https://www.windowscentral.com/soft...st-competitor-to-bing-chat-powered-by-chatgpt

They'll probably just add the store after release and reviews, like they've done with Fallout 76 'Atomic shop'.

The leaked images were from a play test in September 2021 IIRC, they could have very well changed the entire game structure between then and now.

Or it may be a post launch thing, who knows, at least it won't be at launch.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I've never played a Farcry game, or an Arkane game. I don't typically buy this style of game, so maybe I'll be into it. Glad I get to try it out without risk. I'm usually into vampires, so I like that aspect already.

Hoping that they have a lot of fantasy elements in the "alternate dimension" sections.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Watched a video and just got bored even tho I enjoyed even Back 4 Blood. I will prolly play it with a friend but yeah its generic and gamey as fuck and hardly what I'd expect from Arkane. Sad to see a studio relying on making trash like this but whatever, I'll give them my money when its on sale/cheap, maybe this will pay forward for a Prey sequel.

I've never played a Farcry game, or an Arkane game. I don't typically buy this style of game, so maybe I'll be into it. Glad I get to try it out without risk. I'm usually into vampires, so I like that aspect already.

Hoping that they have a lot of fantasy elements in the "alternate dimension" sections.

Why haven't you played any Arkane games?

They are the best.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

I'm into it. Historic income inequality critique? Didn't see that coming.

Elizabeth Holmes would be great for facial motion capture for a villain.

Why haven't you played any Arkane games?

They are the best.
I downloaded Deathloop but haven't tried it yet. No time. I typically don't like first person games much, but I've been able to broaden my taste a little bit through GP. Been enjoying Atomic Heart. I know Dishonored and Prey are popular, so they're on the list. I personally don't think first person is ideal for stealth at all, but I'll try it.

Last edited:

mdkirby

all I want to know is, as a fan of well told, single player immersive sims, will I like this game? Is the story good? Does it feel like an arkane game like dishonoured or prey....or is it a trash soulless thing made for zoomers that just happens to have some of arkanes gameplay mechanics.

Sacred

Watched a video and just got bored even tho I enjoyed even Back 4 Blood. I will prolly play it with a friend but yeah its generic and gamey as fuck and hardly what I'd expect from Arkane. Sad to see a studio relying on making trash like this but whatever, I'll give them my money when its on sale/cheap, maybe this will pay forward for a Prey sequel.
It's not even the same genre or developer, what does back 4 blood have do with RedFall. It sounds like you don't understand what the game is.

I think Deathloop is the only game from them I didn’t like.

It's their weaker titles. Still enjoyed it.

I downloaded Deathloop but haven't tried it yet. No time. I typically don't like first person games much, but I've been able to broaden my taste a little bit through GP. Been enjoying Atomic Heart. I know Dishonored and Prey are popular, so they're on the list. I personally don't think first person is ideal for stealth at all, but I'll try it.

In Dishonoured/Deathloop, you get invisibility+ teleportation powers pretty quickly.

In Prey, stealth is temporary till you become super powerful.

You won't be sneaking around in first person for long.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's their weaker titles. Still enjoyed it.

In Dishonoured/Deathloop, you get invisibility+ teleportation powers pretty quickly.

In Prey, stealth is temporary till you become super powerful.

You won't be sneaking around in first person for long.
I'll probably enjoy it. I didn't buy any Halo games after the 1st one, but I actually really enjoyed Infinite's campaign. (I still think 3rd person is superior though)

Sacred

Maybe read better? I never said the game is like Back 4 Blood or made by the same devs. It was just an example of another coop generic trash game, you dumass.
"Watched a video and just got bored even tho I enjoyed even Back 4 Blood."

Why is this relevant then? Super confrontational for no reason with a really poor take. The game is an open world co-op RPG shooter btw.

Top Bottom