• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Rest For The Wicked | Preview Thread

Draugoth

Gold Member
Videos:

Blogposts:

No-Rest-for-the-Wicked_2024_03-01-24_012.jpg

Wicked-Inside-Twitch-Drop-16x9-1.jpg

no-rest-for-the-wicked-reveal-trailer-game-awards-2023_5wcn.1280.jpg

No-Rest-for-the-Wicked_Preview_09.jpg

Last edited:

Little Mac

Gold Member
Just watched the showcase and I’m all in. Looks incredible. Will preorder on PS5 when it’s available to do so.

Last edited:

Gudji

I'm not even going to spoil myself just have asmon's stream running on the background so I can get the drops. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

near

Gold Member
I'm not even going to spoil myself just have asmon's stream running on the background so I can get the drops. :messenger_grinning_smiling:
What are drops? How does it work? I don't really watch Twitch, sorry if this is a dumb question.

Gudji

What are drops? How does it work? I don't really watch Twitch, sorry if this is a dumb question.
Drops are rewards you can get for a game for instance a piece of armor or some sort of in-game item (usually cosmetic stuff).
It's basically promotion for the game, the developers and/or publishers make deals with streamers so that they stream their games during a specific schedule.

Check this out it has a little faq:

Usually it's the same stuff with other games. For instance Helldivers 2 also had a campaign recently where you could get a cosmetic armor, etc.
You just need to have a twitch account and meet the requirements to get the rewards which usually just consists of watching streamers for a couple of minutes/hours and then connect your twitch account with Steam/PSN or other networks where you own the game.

Honestly I also found out about this stuff like last year. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

near

Gold Member
Drops are rewards you can get for a game for instance a piece of armor or some sort of in-game item (usually cosmetic stuff).
It's basically promotion for the game, the developers and/or publishers make deals with streamers so that they stream their games during a specific schedule.

Check this out it has a little faq:

Usually it's the same stuff with other games. For instance Helldivers 2 also had a campaign recently where you could get a cosmetic armor, etc.
You just need to have a twitch account and meet the requirements to get the rewards which usually just consists of watching streamers for a couple of minutes/hours and then connect your twitch account with Steam/PSN or other networks where you own the game.

Honestly I also found out about this stuff like last year. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Just received this as I finished reading your post lmao:

5WXL5f7.png

Some pretty cool stuff here from Moon Studios!
Since OriTheGame was 2.5D it took us about 6 years to create an entirely new full 3D painting-come-to-life rendering pipeline capable of day and night cycles, dynamic weather, volumetrics, fully animated and interactive foliage and an Animal Crossing inspired curved-perspective rendering which allows seeing much further into the horizon.

Genuinely couldn't be more proud with our Artists and Engineers at moongamestudioson wickedgame! Now we just need to do our best to optimize it! :D

near

Gold Member

What is the current state of the Early Access version?​

• A rich first chapter of the narrative campaign
  • Additional quests that reveal more about the world and its inhabitants
  • Intense boss battles against plague-ridden creatures
  • A large variety of weapons, armor, skills, and crafting options
  • Gear can be upgraded, enchanted, runed and gem-ed to create your ideal character build
  • Purchasing and furnishing of a modifiable home
  • Daily and Weekly bounties and challenges
  • Replayable Cerim Crucible dungeon
Found the info on Steams profile page. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite disappointed, I figured it would much further along than one chapter. I think depending on the price, I might just hold off.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Definetly holding off until the game is actually released in a finished state.

It looks cool, a mix of Diablo and Soulslikes sounds cool.

Bartski

Gold Member
Found the info on Steams profile page. I'm not going to lie, I'm quite disappointed, I figured it would much further along than one chapter. I think depending on the price, I might just hold off.
wow, that sucks big time I was also expecting much larger since early access is usually priced close to a full game... No minimum specs either

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
where is this info from? If that's the case I might also put this on hold
Steam page info that was posted above.

Yeah unless chapter one is like 40 hours on its own or some shit and EA is $15 I can’t imagine I’ll dive in.

near

Gold Member
wow, that sucks big time I was also expecting much larger since early access is usually priced close to a full game... No minimum specs either
Yeah, they're literally building the game along with the community. I thought this would be the type of early access game that just requires refinement. I guess we almost got mugged. :messenger_crying:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I'm sure more will be added from EA to retail launch which is next year.
Or I can just buy it next year when it’s got the content.

EA doesn’t have to be drip feed. It can be a big slice.

BG3 had the first act in EA and added more.

Like I said if EA for chapter one is a 40+ hour slice of game and is under $20, then sure I could see myself trying it out.

But if chapter one is 10 hours and $40? lol… you’re getting robbed for a demo at best. Too much stuff coming out to keep going back for a little nugget more.

EA should be a nice slice, gets me excited and I spend a good chunk with it, then I can wait till 1.0 for the rest of the course.

S0ULZB0URNE

Or I can just buy it next year when it’s got the content.

EA doesn’t have to be drip feed. It can be a big slice.

BG3 had the first act in EA and added more.

Like I said if EA for chapter one is a 40+ hour slice of game and is under $20, then sure I could see myself trying it out.

But if chapter one is 10 hours and $40? lol… you’re getting robbed for a demo at best. Too much stuff coming out to keep going back for a little nugget more.

EA should be a nice slice, gets me excited and I spend a good chunk with it, then I can wait till 1.0 for the rest of the course.
If you can co-op and grind levels plus the price is right I'll bite.

More cool stuff from the dev:
Seeing all of the little details really come together is one of those very special and magical moments of video game creation.

I love how this cinematic shot from @wickedgame's opening really came to life with beautiful stylized hand crafted hair and facial animation, striking visual effects with fluid simulation, beautiful set, ship sails flapping against the wind animated by our custom made cloth solver, painterly golden rim lighting and all of this running in our custom Moonity engine in real-time.

And of course there's so much more with our story, sound and music for you all to experience! Couldn’t be more proud to work alongside such a world class team at @moongamestudios and stoked to see where our April 18th Early Access launch will go from here!

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I will probably buy and wait for 1.0, just like BG3 because this looks amazing. Can't wait, loved both Ori games too.

Mr Hyde

This looks awesome. Definitely down for this. After the incredible Ori-games and now No rest for the wicked, it's quite clear that Moon studios is mad talented. I hope they stick the landing with this one.

Shodai

This looks awesome. Definitely down for this. After the incredible Ori-games and now No rest for the wicked, it's quite clear that Moon studios is mad talented. I hope they stick the landing with this one.
Agreed, by all accounts this has a chance to turn out great.

Top Bottom