• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lords of The Fallen Previews Are Available

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
It seems that the game is extremely well optimized, but there's still a lot of the jank of the original game:

I might read the streamers impressions and make a thread later.

This looks straight up ds3. Looks good

Lokaum D+

Iam still missing chapter 11 bosses but I have yet to meet a memorable boss. Iam 100% sure if they design part 2 the same way that sales will jump of the cliff because most people even people who beat the game will skip it.

Even without playing it you can tell that lotf 2023 plays different than the previous one it's much faster and it has alot more options. With everything I saw its basically dark souls 4 in everything but name. I would take every bet that it will end up better than lop.
Hopeully it ll, but from what i've seen this ll be under 80 on meta

Last edited:

Darkone

I don get it why would they name it the same as first game. Are they stupid.
They should distance themselves as much as possible from that junk.
I don't understand as well, the in game timeline is hundreds of years from the first, why didnt they add something to the final name.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I don't understand as well, the in game timeline is hundreds of years from the first, why did tyey not add somethig.
You type in title in Google and first result is:
Lords of fallen 6/10 steam reviews lol

Last edited:

Darkone

You type in title in Google and first result is:
Lords of fallen 6/10 steam reviews lol
lol...yeah
I am trying to look for spells schools an type and i get the old game results, sigh.
Who the hell allowed this to pass as the final name.

Have they shown any honest to goodness console gameplay yet? I don't trust the gameplay clip on the PS store and I believe the devs are only letting previews happen on PC. This practice needs to stop as people are getting fooled into thinking games look/run better than reality on console.

Especially with this game where the devs have said its gonna be 1080p/60 on console ..that should have people curious how this will actually look image quality wise.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Watched Asmon vid.
Some critique. game looks pretty good overall but some things stick out.
Some style looks great. Like baksinski paintings

shameless ds3 rip off and seems like a clunk city... ok I will give it that it has some of it's own, new mechanics.
Umbral lamp will 100% lead to tedious puzzles and excuse for good level design. Umbral world looks like crap and you just want to return to normal level.
Where are the sound effects?
Camera shake is weird on some hits. Kinda like in previous game.
Graphics are weak in shadowed areas... and flat lighting all around. Isn't this lumen ?! water looks mid... Geometry looks fine
Sword clips through his arm when running. Same in souls but can't anyone fix that ?

Attack at 40:12 are you kidding me? On a first boss too?
Extreme tracking + surprise lunge. All coming from similar overhead attack before.

Last edited:

Fabieter

Have they shown any honest to goodness console gameplay yet? I don't trust the gameplay clip on the PS store and I believe the devs are only letting previews happen on PC. This practice needs to stop as people are getting fooled into thinking games look/run better than reality on console.

Especially with this game where the devs have said its gonna be 1080p/60 on console ..that should have people curious how this will actually look image quality wise.

There is one on the playstation YouTube channel. It looks and runs alright.

Found some footage of ps5 on YouTube finally .. channel is Rubhen925

I'm surprised it actually looks better than 1080p/60 ...I'm thinking they must he using Fsr2 now

Luipadre

Found some footage of ps5 on YouTube finally .. channel is Rubhen925

I'm surprised it actually looks better than 1080p/60 ...I'm thinking they must he using Fsr2 now

FSR sucks if the base resolution is low and its always low in 60 fps modes. Also watched the footage and the performance mode looks pretty bad. Bad textures, missing shadows, AO, dull lighting and obvious artifacts from upscaling

GymWolf

I don't really understand this need to preorder. The keys wont run out after the release, you can wait for proper reviews.
The rule of thumb is that the more you get close to release date, the more pricey the key get.

Lies of p was 37 euros before launch, now it is around 47-50 euros (checked yesterday)

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The rule of thumb is that the more you get close to release date, the more pricey the key get.

Lies of p was 37 euros before launch, now it is around 47-50 euros (checked yesterday)

This only applies to third party resellers and yes, I am a huge anti-preorder guy and will call anyone out for it, but I will slightly give an exception in this case because yes, pre-orders on cdkeys or similar sites is pretty much almost half its price.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Some comparision between LotF and LoP by Ziostorm:

I avoided most vids bcuz i want to go in blind but decided to watch this and wtf is that movement speed in LOTF? Did they just assume the running speed in ER was the default movement speed lmfao? My guy dodges 10 miles.

Lokaum D+

Some comparision between LotF and LoP by Ziostorm:

sound effects alone in LoP is way WAY better that is not even fair.

"puppets dont react to hits like corpses or humans" i wonder why ?

Yeah, watched this whole video and dont agree with a single thing he sayed about LoP, "the skill ceiling is too high", "i know that u can kill bosses without damage, but i cant, so game is bad and hard". c'mon, git gud dude,

Last edited:

thuGG_pl

So is it somehow a puppet simulator now? His critique regarding this is appropriate.

Ususally when there is no feedback from attacks people are complaining here, but hey it's puppet and now it's alright?

By the look of it, it seems I'll be enjoying Lords of the Fallen.

Last edited:

GymWolf

sound effects alone in LoP is way WAY better that is not even fair.

Yeah, watched this whole video and dont agree with a single thing he sayed about LoP, "the skill ceiling is too high", "i know that u can kill bosses without damage, but i cant, so game is bad and hard". c'mon, git gud dude,
The dude think his personal opinions are somehow the holy truth.

Lokaum D+

So is it somehow a puppet simulator now? His critique regarding this is appropriate.

Ususally when there is no feedback from attacks people are complaining here, but hey it's puppet and now it's alright?

By the look of it, it seems I'll be enjoying Lords of the Fallen.
are enemies that dont react to hit a new thing is souls games now ?

and puppets do react to hits, u can see on his own video at 3:03, but then he started his complaing about eneimie reaction and just showed a big puppet that just didnt react to his light attacks to "prove" his points, and even if then he is wrong cause the enemie that he showed does react to attacks, usually big puppets reacts to end combo attcks or heavy charged ones ( time stamped video )

is the same thing to complain why i cant hit the armored boar is DS1 or why the crystal golen didnt reacted to my attacks ? c'mon, the only difference is that in DS is that u have a shield to protect you from ur own skill issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom