• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Master Collection Vol. 1 - Preview Thread

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love Konami <3

This collection is aimed towards PC players who were tired of purchasing boxed copies of the originals at extortionate prices and were sick and tired of emulators. I'm mostly looking forward to MGS3 and 4 in particular, but I'm more into Silent Hill than this franchise.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
This collection is aimed towards PC players who were tired of purchasing boxed copies of the originals at extortionate prices and were sick and tired of emulators. I'm mostly looking forward to MGS3 and 4 in particular, but I'm more into Silent Hill than this franchise.
Yeah I’m definitely not buying the Switch version when I’ve got a Steam Deck to go with my desktop. Give me a MGS1 60FPS mod baby

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
H8tQlHE.jpg

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
We asked about performance on PS5, Xbox Series X, plus the newly announced PS4 release; Konami clarified that the games will be targeting the same resolution (720p) and frame rate of the initial HD releases. Given that Switch isn’t running them at 60fps, we suppose we’ll have to wait and see how things fare on the other platforms.
What in the actual fuck? 720p 30 FPS on the PS5 / XSX? I mean,.... fuck sake.

stn

Everything I'm hearing about this screams "low effort". Shame. I'm hyped about being able to play the games on modern consoles, but at the same time its off-putting. I'm gonna wait and see if they're bringing MGS4 before splurging.

A.Romero

I preordered but will cancel if they actually intend releasing at 720P. If so I may buy it for PC later on for cheap just to have them.

Such a disappointment.

Why would I buy this as I already finished all games from the HD collection (and MGS1 on PS1) ?

I would have bought a true MGS1 remake.

Last edited:

Gp1

I dare Konami to give the "720p 30fps capped" treatment for the PC version. Just to see the public's reaction :D
So... Is Durante free these day?

I believe that even the deceased GOG version of MGS 1 and 2 had a full HD mode unlocked FPS mode.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
I can't wait for Collection 2 with MGS4. Silent Hill Collection might lose its' top honors.

YCoCg

Nvidia ported the HD Collection versions of MGS2 and MGS3 to Shield years ago and they ran at 60fps. What in the actual fuck are Konami thinking? Also 720p on Playstation and Xbox? What are they fucking doing? Also MGS1 being a straight up software render emulation with no enhancements??? WHAT IN THE FUCKING FUCK???? Are they actively TRYING to put out the worst version?????????????

Reactions: Gp1

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I can't wait for Collection 2 with MGS4. Silent Hill Collection might lose its' top honors.

TBH at this point, I'll take an MGS4 even in its base stats just to get it out of the PS3 purgatory.

The game was always running unlocked, so at least we can get a locked 60 FPS MGS4 on consoles in that case.

bender

What time is it?
TBH at this point, I'll take an MGS4 even in its base stats just to get it out of the PS3 purgatory.

The game was always running unlocked, so at least we can get a locked 60 FPS MGS4 on consoles in that case.

That seems rather optimistic given Konami's track record. That port is going to take effort.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
That seems rather optimistic given Konami's track record. That port is going to take effort.
Just wait 10 years until some group of nerds has enough and decompiles the entire game from front to end like people are already doing with many Nintendo 64 games.

On the real though that should actually happen because Konami isn't going to do shit- we might as well take it into our own hands

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Just wait 10 years until some group of nerds has enough and decompiles the entire game from front to end like people are already doing with many Nintendo 64 games.

On the real though that should actually happen because Konami isn't going to do shit- we might as well take it into our own hands

Yes. Konami doesn't have Blue Point's work to lean on and we have no idea the state of the source code. The only glimmer of hope is the rumor that Konami did have MGS4 running on the 360 at one point.

FeralEcho

720p on PS5? Ahahahahahaha It's a joke right?
ricky gervais laughing GIF

Is this literally the only PS5 game at 720p? What a legacy for such a legendary franchise.Fuck you Konami! Just fuck you you worthless hacks.Go back to your dying pachinko business instead of tainting this franchise with this garbage.

Last edited:

AlphaDump

Gold Member
Konami basically letting me know to completely ignore anything they have planned because they clearly do not give a fuck.

Everything they've done lately is head scratching. From deciding to remake part 3 before 1 and 2, to giving the work to developers with spotty track records, and now this.

I hope Konami gets dragged.

Mr Hyde

So fucking disappointed that the Switch version is kneecapped at 30. Would love this collection on Switch, but I'll grab it on Steam for my Ally instead. Also 60 bucks!? Konami can't stop fucking up.

Reactions: Gp1

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Originals are still fine but they want you to rebuy games sometimes people forget that originals are fine.

Top Bottom