• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall Previews are dropping

nemiroff

Gold Member
Arvfab, hiding your history doesn't work, it's not that hard to notice that you're back to your old ways of emoji trolling every Xbox related _posts_ (with a speck of positivity) you see in threads on gaf. Just so you know, I've reported you, so let's see if a mod can manage to stop your shenanigans.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Not for nothing but this isn't their gameplay. It's b-roll that ARKANE gave out and so while the game looks infinitely more engaging than the nonsense IGN put out, it is highly sanitized and not from the perspective of people who have spent several years on this.

. . .something is telling me we wont get long-form hands on takes until reviews. Like this 90-minute preview event, while it was great to hear some positive impressions, is nowhere near enough time to get some solid impressions; of course DEATHLOOP got some wildly late hands on previews (relative to launch) so maybe that's the same here. Doubt it though for a game coming out in three weeks.

Raven77

So being that the last few previews looked a bit uninspired, what is the "party line" all these previewers were given to push on us?

I'm guessing words like "variety", "replayability", "unexpected", and "surprising".

I hope the game is good, I like Arkane but still need something to see something to get me excited.

Last edited:

Kvally

Banned
So being that the last few previews looked a bit uninspired, what is the "party line" all these previewers were given to push on us?

I'm guessing words like "variety", "replayability", "unexpected", and "surprising".

I hope the game is good, I like Arkane but still need something to see something to get me excited.
The previews were praised a week or two ago. This shitty IGN video looks shitty. The guy at IGN absolutely sucks at gaming.

clarky

Gold Member
Expect this to land on the 75-80 mark.

Looking forward to it personally but MS really need to take notes on how to build up hype for a game. Still not 100% sure on what they are going for with this, but thats been a problem with all Arkane games and they usually turn out great

Arvfab, hiding your history doesn't work, it's not that hard to notice that you're back to your old ways of emoji trolling every Xbox related _posts_ (with a speck of positivity) you see in threads on gaf. Just so you know, I've reported you, so let's see if a mod can manage to stop your shenanigans.
Sad Samantha Bee GIF

MiguelItUp

In that new footage I'm seeing bullet impacts of gore and stuff I wasn't seeing in that boss battle video. Which is cool.

Unless I guess bosses just don't have the same effect? I dunno, but that really irked me because in that fairly new boss gameplay you're just spraying into this boss that doesn't react in anyway, nor was there anything showing you that impacts were being made, if it attacks were effective, etc. Thank goodness for their health bar, lol.

I'm still in a real weird in-between place with this game. But hey, Game Pass makes it easy to check out and decide on my own. 🤷‍♂️

Imagine posting anything from that twitter account even unironically, ffs Bo :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Anyway, looks like there's gonna be an LE console and game pad for this

RedfallAdventure_ConsoleMobile2.webp
I'm not going to lie, that wrap looks like shit. There have been very few game-centric special edition consoles I l've ever thought actually looked like something I'd ever want to own, and that is not one of them.

Iirc the only one I ever bought was the WWHD Wii U bundle, and all it had was a little Zelda-themed filagree on the controller.

NinjaBoiX

Come on Icemang, you know me. I don't Game Pass. I'll sub when it costs a dollar to sample some games, but as far as subbing on the regular to play the occasional nugget Xbox drops? Nawww.
I’ll never understand why people drop in and out of their sub, seems like such a faff.

You can sub for a couple of quid a month, it’s almost free. I dunno…

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Red dragon “hopes it’s good”

Sure he does. Sure. Even if it is good he’d never concede that

Some one should show Red Dragon Dans thoughts on Horizon and God Of War Ragnarok...Just play him the fire escape 2022 game of the year podcast...

I'm sure Red Dragon would love Dan's opinions then...hahaha

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
AI seems like the biggest issue

The game looks fun but everything seems like a bullet sponge pushover
That's a pretty believable criticism. AI was the weakest part of Deathloop. In Dishonored it can be forgiven a bit since bad AI is kind of a necessary conceit of stealth games but in Redfall it could be an issue.

That's a pretty believable criticism. AI was the weakest part of Deathloop. In Dishonored it can be forgiven a bit since bad AI is kind of a necessary conceit of stealth games but in Redfall it could be an issue.
Even as a big fan of Arkane, their enemy AI is always utterly braindead and it's a shame. Dishonored II especially is an amazing game but enemies are still dumb as fuck and exist for you to style on to absurd degrees. Prey got away with it much more easily because the enemies were so, well, alien and just kind of represented combat puzzles to work around. Deathloop somehow felt like an inferior game due to the enemies' sheer idiocy however, can't say why compared to Dishonored.

Seeing a bunch of this footage though, it looks like a legit problem in Redfall but I'm still rooting for the game big time despite not being able to play it for now. Just because it's Arkane and they've made some GOAT shit.

Ok, so I have a download code for Redfall Bite Back edition that I want to give away (came with my new laptop purchase). Apparently to be able to redeem it, you need to use the Geforce Experience app on PC and have a "GeForce RTX 4090, GeForce RTX 4080, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti desktop or graphics card, or laptop with a GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU or GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU". If you don't have one of those GPUs, it won't let you redeem it (it will do a system check on your hardware).

Anyone who has one of those GPUs and wants the code, let me know and you can have it. First come first served.

Community Group GIF by A Lit Up Life

Is "emoji trolling" even a bannable offense?

GymWolf

Ok, so I have a download code for Redfall Bite Back edition that I want to give away (came with my new laptop purchase). Apparently to be able to redeem it, you need to use the Geforce Experience app on PC and have a "GeForce RTX 4090, GeForce RTX 4080, GeForce RTX 4070 Ti desktop or graphics card, or laptop with a GeForce RTX 4090 Laptop GPU or GeForce RTX 4080 Laptop GPU". If you don't have one of those GPUs, it won't let you redeem it (it will do a system check on your hardware).

Anyone who has one of those GPUs and wants the code, let me know and you can have it. First come first served.

Community Group GIF by A Lit Up Life
Is the offer still on?

Top Bottom