• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Digital Foundry] Redfall's 60fps Upgrade Tested on Xbox Series X/S: Does Patch 1.2 Redeem The Game?

Hestar69

it's improved for sure it's like a 6.8-7.0/10 now.

although,Not being able to switch characters kinda sucks and the story is trashhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Still, not hating it as much as I thought I would. I just play it until I get an achievement for the xbox daily achievement thing and stop.

I'm naive. :(
Nah, you're more ignorant than naive, since you're calling people liars because I don't agree with what some guy on Digital Foundry said about the AI in this shitty game.

It pains me to admit this but I put in over 24 hours into this turd trying to have some fun with friends - I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the AI, because I instantly recognized the braindead tactics that the AI employs.
GyaCUXK.png

It's a holdover from Deathloop, which also had terrible AI. I don't know what Arkane is doing with their AI but they're going in the wrong direction with it, that's for sure.

MacReady13

I guess it goes to show that length of game (Redfall) doesn't necessarily trump a shorter, FAR better game (Spider Man 2)...

"massive overhaul"

from the video:

but the mission design is still lackluster, & the world feels quite empty...

see, this is the part that needs the 'massive overhaul'. they've basically overhauled the frosting of a not-so-appealing cake...

i enjoyed redfall (until i just didn't anymore), so no complaints, & i can say, as a total non- graphics whore playing games on a 40in 1080p screen, this 'massive overhaul' has little to do with correcting what it was that made me, personally, eventually drop the game...

SenkiDala

Nah, you're more ignorant than naive, since you're calling people liars because I don't agree with what some guy on Digital Foundry said about the AI in this shitty game.

It pains me to admit this but I put in over 24 hours into this turd trying to have some fun with friends - I know what I'm talking about when it comes to the AI, because I instantly recognized the braindead tactics that the AI employs.
GyaCUXK.png

It's a holdover from Deathloop, which also had terrible AI. I don't know what Arkane is doing with their AI but they're going in the wrong direction with it, that's for sure.
Well insulting me through internet isn't really impressive. I won't read the rest of your post of nothing else that you might write later.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
They really should have delayed it until this work was done.

Remember the game was already given a full years delay from Summer 22 to May 23.

Arkane should stick to what they do best, immersive sims, they don't need to do open world games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So it has become common place for devs release full price broken game and get ”redeemed“ if fix it late on?

Last edited:

Pedro Motta

Yes, at least watch the video or read the patch notes my guy.
What makes you think I didn’t? Only your delusional little mind thinks that these bug fixes are a massive overhaul. Only took them several month as well. Game is still shit. Keep on with the good fight, my guy.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
What makes you think I didn’t? Only your delusional little mind thinks that these bug fixes are a massive overhaul. Only took them several month as well. Game is still shit. Keep on with the good fight, my guy.

If you did, and you don't see just how much they've changed technically, not to mention all the other AI, enemy behavior, game play modification changes they've made, and you still don't think it's a genuine overhaul from the state of the game at launch, then I don't know what to tell you.

No one said this is a perfect Half Life 2 caliber game now, but no harm in acknowledging the work they've put in.

Top Bottom