• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Crashes & Artifacting More Widespread Than Previously Expected

Why is it AMD's fault?
The issue is software related
Artifacting isn't a software issue...

How many failures has the PS5 had in the first month?

You seem to be in the know, please share the number so we can assess.
Before I respond, why are you taking this so personal? Every single hardware has it's issues, especially upon release. I don't get why you are so emotionally charged in regards to me pointing out something that many are aware of already. Hopefully Sony is paying all the triggered defenders in this thread.

Last edited:

Night.Ninja

Banned

Before I respond, why are you taking this so personal? Every single hardware has it's issues, especially upon release. I don't get why you are so emotionally charged in regards to me pointing out something that many are aware of already. Hopefully Sony is paying all the triggered defenders in this thread.
womanyellingcat-1573233850.jpg

Leave Sony alone

Last edited:

Nester99

Not emotionally charged (how could you assume that from my two sentences?), nothing personal at all.
I own a ps5 and XboxSX so I dont have a dog in this fight.

What a crazy defensive posture you have taken For a simple question

You indicated you know how many failures the ps5 had. That seems unbelievable to me that you have this knowledge so was hoping you could confirm.

RROd effected 23% of consoles and cost MS $1.15B.

You said ps5 had more issues, how do you know? Just anecdotal tweets?

So how many issues has ps5 had?

John Wick

Not emotionally charged (how could you assume that from my two sentences?), nothing personal at all.

You indicated you know how many failures the ps5 had. That seems unbelievable to me that you have this knowledge so was hoping you could confirm.

This is where the fangirl will disappear and try dodging the question with accusations of defense force and fanboy.

Rickyiez

I don't even 360 showed as many failures as ps5 in the first month, or even days for that matter. Hopefully AMD and Sony can fix this quick, as this can be possibly fixed, before it gets much worse.

Sorry but this is pure idiocy . 100% of launch xbox 360 will eventually get RROD , mine included . Now tell me again how many PS5 actually get hardware failure that made it unable to play games at all ?

kuncol02

Banned

You have problems with reading? He said "first month". XBoxes didn't started to fail after right after launch but some time later. RROD was caused by fatigue of lead free soldering which was new process then (RoHS directive). Actually lots of devices from that time had similar problems. Including MacBooks, HP notebooks and Nvidia graphic cards. Failure like that require time for it to happen. So, yes, 360 probably had lower failure rate in that moment from launch.

You have problems with reading? He said "first month". XBoxes didn't started to fail after right after launch but some time later. RROD was caused by fatigue of lead free soldering which was new process then (RoHS directive). Actually lots of devices from that time had similar problems. Including MacBooks, HP notebooks and Nvidia graphic cards. Failure like that require time for it to happen. So, yes, 360 probably had lower failure rate in that moment from launch.
Since there are no stats besides a few twitter postings depicting broken or breaking consoles from both manufacturers your assumption is 100% baseless and therefore at best a very plump trolling attempt.

cormack12

Gold Member
Mine just crashed. For the first time in 40 hours. Deffo something to do with sleep, extended storage etc. Not stable at all. Gonna just detach the external

Nester99

I was hoping that people making large claims had some evidence to back up their conjecture.
If something is MORE of something else, we must assume they have Data to do that calculation. Is it not reasonable to ask them to show such data?

Reading comprehension it's important.

I said it seems like it's worse for ps5 from day one.

Seems. Seething. Sutures.

Typical response, listen Concerned Fangirl. Provide the statistics for your original statement? Don't try shifting the narrative to me because you have nothing to back it up with.

I had no idea people could get so emotionally triggered from an observation. Its borderline feminine. Grow up ma'am/sir.

Last edited:
Sorry but this is pure idiocy . 100% of launch xbox 360 will eventually get RROD , mine included . Now tell me again how many PS5 actually get hardware failure that made it unable to play games at all ?
Get a grip fanboy. And toughen up while you are at it. I never offended anyone, so stop acting like your feelings are hurt.

pratyush

Highlighting crashing and other issue of PlayStation 5 is absolutely fine. There should be no issue with that. Anybody who is arguing against it is completely wrong.

But using few products issue and then claiming it is because of overclocking and all is not correct. Most of these tech journalist have no idea how an SoC is designed. Claiming few defects is because of overclocking shows how bias they and who pays them to write such nonsense

Last edited:

Nester99

I had no idea people could get so emotionally triggered from an observation. Its borderline feminine. Grow up ma'am/sir.

Its says a lot that you resort to personal attacks when simply asked to back up your claim.
The post i quoted does not include the word "seems" i guess your position got sloppy once you got emotional. =D

I assume you will respond with no numbers and another absurd accusation.

Last edited:

RaySoft

The backside RAM has some serious heat issues compared to the rest of the system. Not properly cooled it seems. At over 90°C gfx glitches wouldnt surprise me.

John Wick

Do you have problems understanding? So show us the figures? Simples!
How many 360's sold in 2 weeks and how many were faulty? How many PS5 's have sold and how many are faulty?
Probably? Probably what? You have nothing to back up this conjecture on your part.

John Wick

Again nothing to back it up with. Just conjecture on your part based on your own bias. Please try harder but keep up the good fight darling!

Its says a lot that you resort to personal attacks when simply asked to back up your claim.
The post i quoted does not include the word "seems" i guess your position got sloppy once you got emotional. =D

I assume you will respond with no numbers and another absurd accusation.
Reading comprehension. Look at my posts to realize how silly that you look, getting teary eyed over an observation. Never knew people literally cry over things like these. Do you need some "safe space"?

Again nothing to back it up with. Just conjecture on your part based on your own bias. Please try harder but keep up the good fight darling!
Love the side stepping of the question and then spouting typical fangirl statements.
You have no evidence end of!
And here's another one brought to tears over my observation. Fanboys who console war are so pathetic. If you look at my post history, i haven't owned a console in over ten years. Why are you getting overly emotional and salty over my observation and statement? Here's a tissue.

Nester99

Reading comprehension. Look at my posts to realize how silly that you look, getting teary eyed over an observation. Never knew people literally cry over things like these. Do you need some "safe space"?

And here's another one brought to tears over my observation. Fanboys who console war are so pathetic. If you look at my post history, i haven't owned a console in over ten years. Why are you getting overly emotional and salty over my observation and statement? Here's a tissue.

Wholly fucking cringe.

I wish you nothing but the best.

Good luck to you

It doesn't matter, your statement was still utter bullshit.
So what are the numbers then? How was my statement utter bullshit? I stated my personal observation, and I get labeled an Xbox fan, even though I'm a PC and switch gamer exclusively! 😂. No horse in this race, but any criticism now a days gets you persecuted and attacked by the plastic warriors as you see. Must I own a ps5 to have an opinion on its issues? Do the angry fanboys quoting me need to prove they have a ps5 and a 360 to have an opinion on the artifacting, crashes, and non-responsiveness?

Last edited:

John Wick

So what are the numbers then? How was my statement utter bullshit? I stated my personal observation, and I get labeled an Xbox fan, even though I'm a PC and switch gamer exclusively! 😂. No horse in this race, but any criticism now a days gets you persecuted and attacked by the plastic warriors as you see. Must I own a ps5 to have an opinion on its issues? Do the angry fanboys quoting me need to prove they have a ps5 and a 360 to have an opinion on the artifacting, crashes, and non-responsiveness?
Clearly you do have a horse in this race. Otherwise why give your worthless personal observation? You clearly stated there are more faulty PS5's than there were at the X360 launch period. Yet you have no figures or evidence to back up your useless personal observation. Nobody here has stated you need to own either console but you do need to have the facts to make those claims. If your so upset for getting persecuted and attacked then put a disclaimer first. You got called out for conjecture and couldn't respond with the numbers. So stop crying and being emotional

John Wick

Because you observation and statement are as useful as banana at a gunfight. You added nothing to the conversation. Why rant when you don't have any hard numbers? Calling people out for conjecture isn't crying or fanboying. Do you know of any console launch where there were no faulty consoles or software issues?

Clearly you do have a horse in this race. Otherwise why give your worthless personal observation? You clearly stated there are more faulty PS5's than there were at the X360 launch period. Yet you have no figures or evidence to back up your useless personal observation. Nobody here has stated you need to own either console but you do need to have the facts to make those claims. If your so upset for getting persecuted and attacked then put a disclaimer first. You got called out for conjecture and couldn't respond with the numbers. So stop crying and being emotional
Are you mentally slow, serious question? Or purposely being extremely obtuse? Please do yourself and all of us a favor, and go back to my first 2 posts. Did I ever claim this as a fact? Do you know the difference between af fact and an observation?

Because you observation and statement are as useful as banana at a gunfight. You added nothing to the conversation. Why rant when you don't have any hard numbers? Calling people out for conjecture isn't crying or fanboying. Do you know of any console launch where there were no faulty consoles or software issues?
Again, read my posts, and you'll realize why you come off as a whiny brat, getting mad at something I noticed more of. Maybe you should play some games instead of throwing a tantrum, and worrying about others opinions and observations?

Last edited:

Shifty1897

I don't remember this kind of thread existing when the PS4 launched, but there's been like 5 of them about the PS5 this time around. So what's the explanation here if we don't have an increase in hardware issues, Russian bots? Console Fanboy Extremism?

John Wick

Are you mentally slow, serious question? Or purposely being extremely obtuse? Please do yourself and all of us a favor, and go back to my first 2 posts. Did I ever claim this as a fact? Do you know the difference between af fact and an observation?

Again, read my posts, and you'll realize why you come off as a whiny brat, getting mad at something I noticed more of. Maybe you should play some games instead of throwing a tantrum, and worrying about others opinions and observations?
El Thicko when X360 launched social media wasn't the presence it is today. It doesn't take a genuis to figure out that you'll obviously hear and see more about PS5 than back when the 360 launched. Also there are far more PS5's out in the wild in the same time frame as 360 launch. Dimwit consumers are more likely to take to social media about complaints and broken consoles rather than working consoles. So it's obvious in this day and age you'll notice more of the PS5 complaints and issues. Geez you are proper clown.

John Wick

I don't remember this kind of thread existing when the PS4 launched, but there's been like 5 of them about the PS5 this time around. So what's the explanation here if we don't have an increase in hardware issues, Russian bots? Console Fanboy Extremism?
There were plenty of faulty PS4's at launch. Just social media is far bigger now than back then.

Rickyiez

Get a grip fanboy. And toughen up while you are at it. I never offended anyone, so stop acting like your feelings are hurt.

Merely providing facts and accused of being a fanboy lmao . We had an Xbox 360 communities back then because of how popular was Gears 1 . There were about 20-30 peoples with all of them encountered RROD and unable to start their 360 anymore . Looking up on the internet , it's same thing for everyone mostly . It was only when Jasper revision came out that it completely eradicate RROD and people can finally play games in peace .

So again , is PS5 having anything as serious as this ? I don't even have a PS5 , just refuse to believe it's anywhere as serious as RROD

El Thicko when X360 launched social media wasn't the presence it is today. It doesn't take a genuis to figure out that you'll obviously hear and see more about PS5 than back when the 360 launched. Also there are far more PS5's out in the wild in the same time frame as 360 launch. Dimwit consumers are more likely to take to social media about complaints and broken consoles rather than working consoles. So it's obvious in this day and age you'll notice more of the PS5 complaints and issues. Geez you are proper clown.
Listen dude, I never said in the news nor social media, did I? How about from personal people that I know. More of my friends have had issues with ps5 than 360, within the first month/weeks of release. Doesn't it feel amazing to be the guy who knows nothing about me, yet beat your chest thinking you got me beat, only to look like a fool in the end and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about? If not, then quit while you are far behind, as those crocodile tears won't change what's going on.

Let me rephrase again. It seems that more ps5s are having issues than when the 360 was released. Cry me a river.

Last edited:

DinoD

Listen dude, I never said in the news nor social media, did I? How about from personal people that I know. More of my friends have had issues with ps5 than 360, within the first month/weeks of release. Doesn't it feel amazing to be the guy who knows nothing about me, yet beat your chest thinking you got me beat, only to look like a fool in the end and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about? If not, then quit while you are far behind, as those crocodile tears won't change what's going on.

Let me rephrase again. It seems that more ps5s are having issues than when the 360 was released. Cry me a river.

I am crying a river laughing at your last few posts.

i07MkVG.jpg

Ar¢tos

I had my first crash yesterday, in the middle of a boss intro cutscene in Demon's Souls, crashed back to the OS with a submit error report, nothing that never happened with the ps4 (wait for Lego Skywalker, that will be crash-central going by previous Legos).
I know it wasn't hardware heat related because i kept playing for 2 more hours without any issue.

ZywyPL

Banned

X360 had RROD and that's it, whereas PS5 has GPU artifacts, freezes, database reconstruction, coil whine etc. it doesn't take more than a 5yo kid to know that 1<4 or whatever the PS5 struggles with.

Top Bottom