• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Crashes & Artifacting More Widespread Than Previously Expected

GHG

Gold Member
Zero issues with my console even though it arrived from Amazon looking like it had been through a category 5 storm:

IMG-20201123-192312.jpg

IMG-20201123-192234.jpg

So unless these issues start happening to me, quite frankly I don't care.

TrebleShot

Seems like the issues are ironing out, even rest mode has been pretty stable for me.
Will be interesting to see if Spider Man Remastered still has issues as it looks like it was patched.

Will likely be more issues when they introduce new features such as VRR and 1440p support.

Leyasu

Banned
Like clockwork

Expected after the roaches from team green went Awol this past week as the Series X was getting teabagged in performance reviews. . I said it before that you can expect an fresh new FUD campaign. The maggots have been way too quiet.
So everyone saying that they are having problems with their ps5 is an Xbox fanboy? GTFO.

The XsX has been having problems too. If we go by the logic of you and the other Sony fanboys, then it must be Sony fanboys that are saying that they have problems.

How your posts continue to fly under the radar on here is beyond belief

The real problem is that a small percentage of these launch consoles are having problems. With widespread social networking, they get noticed now. But probably the problems are within the normal tolerances. I really doubt that people are out to slight poor Sony.

Last edited:

John Wick

Nobody will believe you OP. Their was a thread about a guy who returned his series x because of “black screen”, instead of just doing research or has to do with the external SSD ass on, which MS had already said they are fixing in a very near firmware update.

anything positive against MS here is absolutely shit on no matter what, and So y can do no wrong.
What a dumb reply! Fangirl nonsense
There will be plenty of faulty PS5's. It's an electronic device. First batch always have teething problems and the Pandemic isn't helping. Software issues will be ironed out.
But let's not blow things out of proportion.
Unless we have the figures to back the claims!

kuncol02

Banned
WTF are you on about? Provide the figures to back up your stupidity?
When the 360 launched social media was nothing like what it is now. 360 probably only launched a fraction of the consoles PS5 has launched. 3% is the industry standard. So can you provide 30000 failed consoles for every million?
360 problem was related to solder joints which were breaking after multiple repeating cycles of heating and cooling. PS5 one is apu or memory silicon working unstable in designed frequencies. We don't know how much PS5 and 360 failed on launch, but I would suspect that number of broken PS5s is higher. Only because that failure is manufacturing one and is visible basically since day one. 360s one required time to develop.

DonJorginho

Banned
360 problem was related to solder joints which were breaking after multiple repeating cycles of heating and cooling. PS5 one is apu or memory silicon working unstable in designed frequencies. We don't know how much PS5 and 360 failed on launch, but I would suspect that number of broken PS5s is higher. Only because that failure is manufacturing one and is visible basically since day one. 360s one required time to develop.
There is no evidence that supports your suspicions.

The number of PS5s encountering artifacting seems similar to the PS4 and XB1 and normal for a new generation console in it's first batch, you seem to forget that only people having problems take the time to moan online, for every one or two people moaning there are tens of thousands who are enjoying their consoles with no issues, stop spreading FUD.

John Wick

You would suspect? Based on what? You must have figures surely?
This is exactly the nonsense that needs to stop. No proof but suspects based on his own opinion.

WTF are you on about? Provide the figures to back up your stupidity?
When the 360 launched social media was nothing like what it is now. 360 probably only launched a fraction of the consoles PS5 has launched. 3% is the industry standard. So can you provide 30000 failed consoles for every million?
John wick is apparently a triggered fanboy who can't take any kind of criticism of a plastic box. Definitely not a fan of fake John wick wannabes.

What a load of shit, didn't you say your ps5 was melting your wires yesterday? Keep trying though, something will stick. Both ps5 and SX have had reports of artifacts, so how can it be because it's over locked?
Please show me where I have owned a console in the last 10 years or so! Or claimed to own one. You got the wrong person, and your fanboy buddies are getting offended thinking I'm someone else, thanks.

DonJorginho

Banned
John wick is apparently a triggered fanboy who can't take any kind of criticism of a plastic box. Definitely not a fan of fake John wick wannabes.
Criticism is always fair, and is welcomed, debates are essential to any functioning group of people.

However your claims are unsubstantiated and your tendency to resort to using insults at people when they challenge your baseless claims (like John Wick John Wick did) shows that you need to revise your debating methods my friend.

I think the PS5 has got serious widespread issues such as the UI bugs and the Rest Mode/HDD fuck ups but this artifacting issue seems rather isolated for now.

Last edited:
Criticism is always fair, and is welcomed, debates are essential to any functioning group of people.

However your claims are unsubstantiated and your tendency to resort to using insults at people when they challenge your baseless claims (like John Wick John Wick did) shows that you need to revise your debating methods my friend.

I think the PS5 has got serious widespread issues such as the UI bugs and the Rest Mode/HDD fuck ups but this artifacting issue seems rather isolated for now.
I said it seems worse. RROD wasn't a day one issue like the crashes on EITHER next gen consoles, with ps5 either having more issues or because it's more popular. Either way, it seems to be more problematic. I made that observation and fanboys can't handle it. That's beyond sad, as hardware issues are going to happen to any and everything. I'm not looking for a debate, nor should fanboys be looking for a "debate" over observations. People need to mature and grow up out of the infant fanboy stage. Itsa sad look.

Last edited:

Resenge

Doesn’t seem widespread at all. There already millions of consoles out there.

If the console has proper air flow and this is still happening, you need to return it.
Is that even real? looks like added effects to me, part of the game? I have not played Assassins creed but there is some graphical glitching in game right?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I haven't had any crashes or visual artefacts yet. The only noise I hear from mine is the disc spinning for a couple of seconds when I turn it on and when I start a game.
I have the queued issue with disc games, but i learned the workaround for it.

It’s all FUD.

Real problems aren’t real.

This is the M-O right now.

Nobody seems to want to actually help people solve issues with thier systems, they just accuse everyone of trolling instead.
Exactly
The only response should be
I hope all these people don't have any problems getting fixed or replaced.
These corporations are not your friends. They want your money and will do as little as you allow them for it.

welshrat

To be fair there are definitely issues, I have had issues with the controller not connecting after rest mode and requires full restart, a few external drive rebuilds (although that was fixed after a caddy replacement, despite my mate using the exact same one with 0 issues) My only worry is the memory hotspots which I hope are few and far between, everything else is firmware related and can be fixed easily. It doesn't really take away from what is a great console.

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
The vocal minority are not representative of the overall population, but that doesn't generate clicks which is the end goal for an article like this. Sad.

Exoil

I've had my PS5 freeze up on me a few times already but I don't really see it as anything other than to be expected with such new hardware and software.
Report it and they'll fix it eventually.

I don't really mind beta testing the new gen for the ones getting their consoles next year.

quest

Not Banned from OT
More a few user issues on social media being blown out of proportion for clicks. Such bullshit people trying to throw cold water on the launch for clicks and console wars.

ZywyPL

Banned
So everyone saying that they are having problems with their ps5 is an Xbox fanboy?

Who knows, maybe RROD also never existed and was just a well coordinated, global FUD campaign as well? ;)

Rendering artifacts are clearly hardware fault not software one.

But then again, everything is going well for XSX/XSS and RX6000 cards, it happens only on PS5, so whether it's a hardware issue or not, it's certainly not on AMD's side.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Never heard of screenrant but Im rather amused by the people crying "fud" who just happen to be the same ones concern trolling the xsx "toasty" comment and vape videos.

Screenrant is a notorious clickbait movie site that uses senseless word salads to game SEO. The first 300 words of anything they post is just word salad to hit the 300 word SEO minimum, then they follow up those useless paragraphs of nothing with a clickbait article of nothing.

Even worse is that the people who work on the site know they're peddling trash, but they make so much money from it that they're arrogant dicks about it. Hell, the guy who runs the site will regularly private message other sites who run a scoop demanding they expose their confidential sources to Screenrant or else mighty Screenrant won't run a clickbait word salad story linking back to their smaller site.

This is also the same site that ran a clickbait story about who should replace Black Panther two hours after Chadiwck Boseman died.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
But then again, everything is going well for XSX/XSS and RX6000 cards, it happens only on PS5, so whether it's a hardware issue or not, it's certainly not on AMD's side.
Weren't there members that posted a video of their series X doing the exact same thing?

Edit :Found it and it wasn't that far.
I got some of that artifacts on my series x

Last edited:

pratyush

New products have failure rate. That's why warranty exist. To suggest it is because of overclock is just nonsense. Tom Warren of Verge started this nonsense.

Who knows, maybe RROD also never existed and was just a well coordinated, global FUD campaign as well? ;)

It could be a couple of things. It could be the normal 1-3% failure rate. It could also be that maybe the clocks are running too high which causes overheating. Either way, it seems that this is more of a design issue than it is an AMD hardware one. If it was AMD, we'd see it on xbox too.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

How is everything "going well" when you're getting similar problems on Xbox consoles?

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
New products have failure rate. That's why warranty exist. To suggest it is because of overclock is just nonsense. Tom Warren of Verge started this nonsense.
Yep and as time goes those problems will be ironed out, not that there's a lot it though, but people voices are easier to be heard now.

reinking

Gold Member
Zero issues with my console even though it arrived from Amazon looking like it had been through a category 5 storm:

IMG-20201123-192312.jpg

IMG-20201123-192234.jpg

Damn. It did some work to get to you. The one I got from Amazon wasn't that bad. They did to the little big box in a huge box with no padding though. I was shocked when it worked.

So Far, I have two PS5s with no issues and one XBSX with minor (noisy BR drive) issues. *knocks on wood.

Last edited:

kuncol02

Banned

RX cards have huge supply problems and AMD can afford some aggressive binning with them. XSX is clocked way way lower. PS5 is clocked high, need to have low price and is mass produced.

nullpoynter

IMG-20201123-192312.jpg

IMG-20201123-192234.jpg

Wait, did Amazon ship your PS5 without packing it in another box?

Top Bottom