• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed. Releases November 18th 2016.

AetherZX

Synchro evolution could turn me off from the series altogether. The better keep that crap out of the main games.

So why hasn't Deoxys, Arceus, Zen Mode, Meloetta, Absofusion (Kyurem), Primals etc.?

Also, you say "they better" as if you'd do something of significance if they went through with it. Hope you find that eject button, because the lore behind Synchro sounds an awful lot like what Mega Evolution (which has a variant as of ORAS) and early XY PR was stated to be.

I think Fennekin is one of my favorite Pokemon designs and definitely the best Starter design since the originals. Its a shame that Delphox looks so damn goofy. Even Braixen looked cool.

But Fennekin is such a great design. Really adorable, similar in appearance to a real animal with enough flourishes to make it fantastical. Not overdone. So great.

Kssio_Aug

I don't watch the anime but heard about the Ash Greninja stuff. I don't know exactly how that's done in the series, but if they're somehow similar to Mega Evolutions and add more variety to it, I'd welcome. I just don't want anything that add a layer of unnecessary complexity.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Someone made a GB sprite for Rowlet. Can't remember where I got it from.
tumblr_o70rhaBwRx1rl04amo1_500.png

I agree.
It's amazing!

My only problem with Rowlet - and it's made especially apparent with this sprite - is how sterile his color scheme looks. He's almost too plain looking.

I don't watch the anime but heard about the Ash Greninja stuff. I don't know exactly how that's done in the series, but if they're somehow similar to Mega Evolutions and add more variety to it, I'd welcome. I just don't want anything that add a layer of unnecessary complexity.

They're still trying to figure it out in the anime.

Just my speculation.

Maybe they're just waiting for the new mainline game/region to explain it.

Maybe it connects with the Moondial which is opposite of the Sundial?

If it does get explained maybe we'll have one Mega and one Synchro for a competitive team.

Ash makes it to the final round in the league but loses because he doesn't fully understand his connection to Greninja. Gets back to pallet and Oak tells him about Alola and how he can Master the bond between him and Greninja there. When he gets there he gets the proper equipment for Synchro Evolution (crystals or Synchro stones, whatever) and masters Synchro evolutions but loses the league again by some Tobias clone type. Like a dude has a Mega, a Synchro, and four legendaries.

I don't think Greninja is coming to Alola. It's basically his Infernape for Kalos.

Didn't Apom follow him to Sinnoh? If I'm correct it wouldn't be the first time. Only reason I speculated that was to connect the story. If Greninja did go with him to Alola doesn't mean he would stay the whole trip example would be Charizard.

I'm really just trying to make sense of everything with the little info we have.

MuchoMalo

Banned

Just my speculation.

If it does get explained maybe we'll have one Mega and one Synchro for a competitive team.

Ash makes it to the final round in the league but loses because he doesn't fully understand his connection to Greninja. Gets back to pallet and Oak tells him about Alola and how he can Master the bond between him and Greninja there. When he gets there he gets the proper equipment for Synchro Evolution (crystals or Synchro stones, whatever) and masters Synchro evolutions but loses the league again by some Tobias clone type. Like a dude has a Mega, a Synchro, and four legendaries.

God, I hope Synchro Evolution stays anime only...

Kssio_Aug

Just my speculation.

Interesting! That makes sense in the game then! Would be nice to carry a Mega + a Synchro, I guess.

Another Popplio evo "leak" from 4chan. I like this one too.

Went from "please pick me as your starter" to "Box all your other mons. All you need is me".

Man I'd be totally OK with this. Regardless of type, it's a nice look for a final form Popplio. :(

(After Samurott and Greninja, I expect the worst from Popplio)

Kinsei

Banned
So why hasn't Deoxys, Arceus, Zen Mode, Meloetta, Absofusion (Kyurem), Primals etc.?

Also, you say "they better" as if you'd do something of significance if they went through with it. Hope you find that eject button, because the lore behind Synchro sounds an awful lot like what Mega Evolution (which has a variant as of ORAS) and early XY PR was stated to be.

Forms are different than the Pokemon taking on traits of their trainer for some stupid reason.

It's just a common phrase. It's not like I would do anything other than not buy the game even if I could.

AetherZX

Forms are different than the Pokemon taking on traits of their trainer for some stupid reason.

It's just a common phrase. It's not like I would do anything other than not buy the game even if I could.

Except if you actually watch the episodes surrounding that, it's not a "stupid reason". The only traits being adopted happen to be color scheme on top of the biological changes it gains anyway.

So we can all agree it won't be dark and will be Rock/Fire.

Like something below...

6UEzC1b.jpg

It makes 100% perfect sense. The stripes on Litten will expand and become gaps of lava in the hard rock body. It will be a living volcanic rock and lava tiger.

Nightbird

The problem with all the "leaked" starter evolutions is that they are all based on what the first form looks like. No one knows what the idea behind the evolutionary line is.

There are exactly six starter Pokémon where this "design the evolutions based on the first from" would have worked out for fan artists:

- Bulbasaur
- all Gen 2 starters
- Mudkip
- Turtwig

Everyone else follows a theme that doesn't become clear until the second or the last stage.

I still enjoy all the fake Fanart though. It's one of the best parts of the new Gen season :)

Like something below...

It makes 100% perfect sense. The stripes on Litten will expand and become gaps of lava in the hard rock body. It will be a living volcanic rock and lava tiger.

While it's a very cool design concept, Rock/Fire is such an awful typing...

Diffense

Like something below...

6UEzC1b.jpg

Yeah, I was once toying with this idea too. Basically, the starters would completely beat or be completely dominated by their counterparts. So a Grass/Flying starter would have both types weak to Fire/Rock which would in turn lose to Water/Fighting which would fall to Grass/Flying. Given the prominence of Volcanos in Hawaii, a lava-inspired Tiger is actually a decent theory.

While Rock/Fire is terrible defensively it's actually a decent offensive type combo. Rock hits five types SE and Fire covers the very important Rock resist, Steel and hits the other two (Fighting and Ground) neutrally. Sadly, the only other Rock-Fire (Magcargo) is slow with a defensive build while being 4x weak to Ground and Water and 2x weak to Fighting and Rock. If they make Figer (lol) the fast starter (like Infernape or Greninja), he might have a chance despite crippling defensive weaknesses.

These starters are growing on me. Love the diversity. Need to see the evolutions tho. And they are already much better than Gen V. Now those are abominations.

I see people talking about typings here, but I heard that the pictures of the types were leaked from data mining the webpage. That they would be grass/flying, fire/ground and water/fighting. Was that debunked?

Razmos

I see people talking about typings here, but I heard that the pictures of the types were leaked from data mining the webpage. That they would be grass/flying, fire/ground and water/fighting. Was that debunked?
Not debunked, but not enough evidence to support it yet either.

JoeM86

There's nothing to support it being the starter evolutions at all. People just took a theory and stated it as a fact and a leak. It's not.

Top Bottom