• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon | Info and speculation thread

Galang

Banned
Dugtrio is a fucking mess and a half. There were a ton of cool things they could have done... just adding hair is basic

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So that's not a leak but hidden in the demo.

Guess we'll see it the next site update probably.

Maybe some Pokémons will have accessories or will look different on the PokéFinder? No fucking way that boy band Dugtrio is an Alolan Form.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Sounds like Nintendo's servers are having problem handling everybody in Japan dowloading the Pokémon demo.

Chase17

At first I thought that this dugtrio was pretty bad (well still think)

But it's so ridiculous/silly that I'm kind of ok with it.

Strimei

At first I thought that this dugtrio was pretty bad (well still think)

But it's so ridiculous/silly that I'm kind of ok with it.

I'm in the same boat. At first I didn't like it but giving it a few minutes its just so dumb, it looped back to funny. And like I said in the other thread, I really hope this starts a trend of a new pokemon each generation with a glorious head of hair.

Friend of mine is saying Paralysis got nerfed.
Pikipek at 50 speed, Greninja at 130. This should put Greninja at 32 speed, but it was still outspeeding with non-priority moves.

Not really ironic. I've had to deal with it, suddenly because you get offended by the lack of fire types and you can't. Sounds like a crock of bullshit to me when type diversity is suddenly valued. By all means, I welcome a balanced game and Pokemon has done a lot to improve on that in recent history, but people have literally no right to complain about a game with unbalanced typings after being okay with a series of games with unbalanced typings.

Also, there's literally fresh snow on the starting route after the Platinum revamp and your characters actually wear winter gear (ironically they expanded the Dex to add fire types in that one) and a huge ass mountain dividing the region in two and 'one winter city' is separated by a huge route filled with snow.

The lack of fire types is a flaw in the way the regional dex #s was designed and distributed, and has nothing to do with my personal preferences, so I have no idea why you're bringing that up. Type diversity was never "suddenly valued" unless you haven't been paying attention since Gen I. Gen I overwhelmingly favoured Psychics, and each subsequent Gen (until BW2) has had issues with how they distributed Pokemon of different types. That being said, that's where your notion that "people were okay with unbalanced typings" has no credence. Just because they enjoyed the game(s), doesn't necessarily mean that type distribution was good.

That one route with snow and winter gear doesn't change the fact that there are many other areas of differing climates. You're really reaching in your generalization that Sinnoh is a cold region and disregarding the various types of climates that the region consists of.

OrionX

200px-Katie_Dugtrio.png
200px-Jynx_AG013.png

BY2K

Membero Americo
From what I understand, there's actually not much the dataminers can get out of the demo.

GameFreak seems to have played it smart this time.

Top Bottom