• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun and Moon Starters Revealed. Releases November 18th 2016.

So Zygarde's 100%-form has Red Orange Blue Purple on his chest for Y Sun X Moon? Might be connected. I really hope Zygarde will have a prominent role in Sun & Moon.

I still feel like that a "Z" was coming, but was scrapped, based on the hidden moves in XY, the Eternal Floette event, and the new Zygarde forms. The situation was similar to BW2 with Kyurem's hidden moves being in BW's data.

Game Freak/TPC probably let the anime team use the designs for the anime because this is the first time new forms have been used to not advertise the new games. I don't really see Zygarde being shoehorned into Sun/Moon, even for the post game.

Do you guys think there's a chance of Phoebe making an apperance in Pokemon Sun & Moon? It's a bit of a stretch, but I think there's a good chance she might have lived in that region before moving to Hoenn.

Weren't Phoebe's grandparents the ones on top of Mt. Pyre? I'm pretty sure she's from Hoenn since it's a tropical region anyway.

Joqu

I just get really happy whenever I see the overworld. Even if it's super linear again exploring will be a whole lot more fun with how it looks now compared to XY

Crayolan

That thing has horns.

Why the hell do y'all think its a dog or even normal type?

Looks like a Fairy to me.

Those red things you think are horns are the NPC's shoes. It just has ears.

Do you guys think there's a chance of Phoebe making an apperance in Pokemon Sun & Moon? It's a bit of a stretch, but I think there's a good chance she might have lived in that region before moving to Hoenn.

359px-Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Phoebe.png

It'd be a cute inclusion, but since they won't be able to simply reuse the gen 6 model I doubt they'll bother.

MajorMane

It'd be a cute inclusion, but since they won't be able to simply reuse the gen 6 model I doubt they'll bother.

I think at the very least, we'll get a mention about a girl who left the island and went to Hoenn and became very successful. Some offhand comment where we know it's Phoebe but not have to bother with a new model.

Delio

Heh so we found a new Pokemon. Skiddo happened the exact same way love it. Looks like a Shiba Inu from the little we can see (The tail looks curled up) So prob your generic normal mon that will prob be on Island one with the regional bird.

Blues1990

I know, but what I liked about Phoebe was despite her appearance screaming that she could be a bubbly Water-type trainer, she was actually a Ghost-type user. That was something I wasn't expecting when playing Omega Ruby for the first time.

Heh so we found a new Pokemon. Skiddo happened the exact same way love it. Looks like a Shiba Inu from the little we can see (The tail looks curled up) So prob your generic normal mon that will prob be on Island one with the regional bird.
You're not talking about the Meowth in your mom's house are you?

Neiteio

A question about the names "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" — did we actually see the English names trademarked, or did we just extrapolate those from the Japanese trademarks?

Kinsei

Banned
A question about the names "Solgaleo" and "Lunaala" — did we actually see the English names trademarked, or did we just extrapolate those from the Japanese trademarks?

Legendaries usually have the same name in English as they do in Japanese. Volcanion is Volcanion in Japanese, Xerneas is Xerneas in Japanese, etc.

ffdgh

Oh hey surprise generic dog mon of the generation. Cool. Hope they pull a talonflame and make this thing unexpectedly badass.
KuGsj.gif

RagnarokX

From a few days ago:
zBbvFfg.jpg

:p

Also, I was just watching the Gamexplain discussion with Joe Merrick. It's funny how they start talking about how there's no tall grass in the footage as they show footage of the map zooming in on an area with tall grass :p

nh2mIgr.jpg

The way I think the game progresses at first is like this:
Hel3ZWp.jpg

Notice that there are 2 routes between Honolulu and the starting town (the path splits into 2 forks that merge at both ends). The southern fork has no grass and the northern fork is bisected by tall grass in 2 spots. We know you meet the professor's assistant and are welcomed to the region on the grass-less path to the starting town, so I think you might start in Honolulu and travel to the starting town pokemon-less on the path with no tall grass. Then after you get your pokemon you are forced to take the path that does have tall grass. Maybe some guys who are dancing for no reason will appear.

Do we know how early you will be able to transfer from the Pokémon Bank with the new games? Can I go right away and bring over my Gen 1 starters when the option is made available?

Seil

Do we know how early you will be able to transfer from the Pokémon Bank with the new games? Can I go right away and bring over my Gen 1 starters when the option is made available?

We have no idea right now, no. Ideally they'll be compatible from the start, but they could intentionally delay it to keep things fresh or whatever.

Joqu

I wonder what the third legendary will.be based on. Earth, maybe? Isn't Zygarde part ground? :p

Zygarde isn't just part ground type, his regular forme is straight up based on Jörmungandr, the serpent that encircles the earth in norse mythology. When the world serpent lets go, the world ends.

And yeah, then there's this:

Those are some suspicious cores you've got there, Zygarde.

And the sundial is located in Kalos' Anistar City but is there a moondial? Well:

5ft4Ccd.jpg

Generation 7? More like Generation Z. Believe.

In X, Y, and ORAS you can use Poke bank as soon as you get your PokeDex and make it to your first Poke center. So maybe that soon if GameFreak decides to not let you use Pokémon Bank until you beat the game first.

Zygarde isn't just part ground type, his regular forme is straight up based on Jörmungandr, the serpent that encircles the earth in norse mythology. When the world serpent lets go, the world ends.

And the sundial is located in Kalos' Anistar City but is there a moondial? Well:

5ft4Ccd.jpg

Sun Daily = Mega evolution

Moon Daily = Synchro Evolution which is Ash Greninja?

MajorMane

5ft4Ccd.jpg

So, there's actually a really interesting theory involved with the Anistar City sundial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt2HMhA_Jk0

He brings up that moondials exist, the sundial looks to be made by Diancie/Hoopa (or both), and there's seemingly an ocean with islands behind the sundial when there's no ocean there on the map of Kalos. There's eight islands, btw, behind the Sundial, which could match up with Alola if Alola has the same amount of islands as Hawaii. There's also an NPC in XY that says Hoopa once moved islands.

Basically, the theory is that the sundial is one part of a wormhole by Hoopa to wherever the moondial is, which is why you can see the islands/ocean when you shouldn't be able to.

He also discusses that the Anistar City sundial is based on a clocktower and that there's a popular clocktower in Hawaii (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloha_Tower). Unfortunately, that's located in Honolulu, which the port city seems to be the equivalent of. And no moondial to be seen. Yet.

Azuran

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/5ft4Ccd.jpg

I believe. Minds will be blown when Complete Zygarde appears out of nowhere to terrorize the new region.

So, there's actually a really interesting theory involved with the Anistar City sundial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt2HMhA_Jk0

Please be true.

From a few days ago:
zBbvFfg.jpg

:p

Also, I was just watching the Gamexplain discussion with Joe Merrick. It's funny how they start talking about how there's no tall grass in the footage as they show footage of the map zooming in on an area with tall grass :p

nh2mIgr.jpg

Oh, I did see a lot of speculation about that the building on the beach might be your home (GameXplain mostly, I think). And yeah, I noticed the grass too but there's still a lot of people have said there's none visible.

Pineapple

I just get really happy whenever I see the overworld. Even if it's super linear again exploring will be a whole lot more fun with how it looks now compared to XY

I agree that the overworld does look far more interesting than Kalos, but I still fear that the navigation and flow of the game is going to be quite linear.

I really would love to see some type of questing system brought into Pokemon - and it wouldn't require a complete overhaul to the game mechanics, either. You could have quest NPCs in towns and on routes. For example, you arrive in Town A, walk into a house, and an NPC wants you to go back to a previous route to find a cave you might have missed where she lost her Bunnelby or something. The reward could be anything from group XP for all your Pokemon to a Calcium or Hyper Potion.

They would be completely optional, but would provide players with something to do from time to time other than the main story.

Neiteio

Legendaries usually have the same name in English as they do in Japanese. Volcanion is Volcanion in Japanese, Xerneas is Xerneas in Japanese, etc.
OK, cool. I really, really like the names Solgaleo and Lunaala, so I'm hoping they're official, and that their spelling remains the same in English.

Top Bottom