• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Experience Event 2014 - 20 Years of gaming memories distilled

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
EDIT nothing. I'm drunk

Dinjooh

For Part 1, go here

The Playstation Experience - Part II

IMPRESSIONS ALL OVER MY FACE

p29uzqm.gif

Natheren

i mean they have like a zillion games announced for PS4 at this point that isn't coming to other platforms.

do you have something specific you're looking for? Maybe I can point you toward it.

Hnm well I certainly don't doubt that part. I'm big in adventure games, rpgs, just anything that involves exploring with a good narrative in a fantasy like environment. Not knocking Uncharted but I'd like something similar but more fantastical atmosphere wise ya know? Like Jak and Dexter, just something without Square's name attached to it though. I was hoping Sony was gonna unveil their ace but I'm guessing that'll be for a later date. With stuff for The Witcher coming close to being wrapped up we might here more about Cyberpunk which might get my hyped til Sony plays it;s hand. Also waiting to see this thing from Gorilla Games.

Cuthbert showed long lines for The Tomorrow Children which I was happy to see. Really am becoming an advocate for that title since playing the Alpha build. Brilliant game dropping atmosphere and love in every object.

Enjoying all the impressions. It's actually kind of encouraging The Witness basically had the full game to play, despite it causing massive waits in line. Shows the game could he close to release! Another one with lots of potential for early 2015

I haven't heard anything about Axiom Verge. It was playable wasn't it?

Amir0x

Banned
Hnm well I certainly don't doubt that part. I'm big in adventure games, rpgs, just anything that involves exploring with a good narrative in a fantasy like environment. Not knocking Uncharted but I'd like something similar but more fantastical atmosphere wise ya know? Like Jak and Dexter, just something without Square's name attached to it though. I was hoping Sony was gonna unveil their ace but I'm guessing that'll be for a later date. With stuff for The Witcher coming close to being wrapped up we might here more about Cyberpunk which might get my hyped til Sony plays it;s hand. Also waiting to see this thing from Gorilla Games.

When you say "adventure" games, you mean like point and click, or like Uncharted but in a fantastical style (like fairy tale)? Just trying to get it straight before I recommend.

And when you say RPGs, do you care if they're western or japanese or?

Yeah. I'm curious who set the standard for 2 day 20th anniversary shows and what they are. If we're disappointed then we can only blame ourselves for hyping ourselves up. If you go in not expecting much you can only be pleased. The show is fine, especially since it is apparently annual.

Were people expecting E3?

I was at E3 2014, and I enjoyed PlayStation Experience more even though I wasn't there.

I look at this entire weekend as one big bonus that we normally wouldn't have had. Like a mini-E3 in December. I wasn't there, just watching from home, but it was still a blast.

Kssio_Aug

Wow... Good show!!
U4 looks amazing! And if wasnt this thread I would lose the EA free games!

MS better show lots of good stuff next year. PS4 in 2015 will be much much better then in 2014 apparently!

Amir0x

Banned
Oh hell no. I've never played any of those old PC Adventure games, and I'm stoked to play that and Grim Fandango.

Ami fact: Grim Fandango is one of only a handful of games ever made in this industry I believe has a genuinely great and well written storyline that can compete with greats in tv, film, books. Like, it sets a true standard.

I wish I could be you and experience it for the first time again

Natheren

When you say "adventure" games, you mean like point and click, or like Uncharted but in a fantastical style (like fairy tale)? Just trying to get it straight before I recommend.

And when you say RPGs, do you care if they're western or japanese or?

Like Uncharted and it can be fantasy or science fiction really. I like having as much freedom to interact with the world as possible. I've mostly played Jrpgs because I love their stories and art style but lately they aren't as gripping to me and I'm more then willing to give western rpgs a go but stuff like Elder Scrolls just never impressed me.

What was the game that was sorta like Elite, but completely single player and offline? You could fly around the universe, dock at ports/planets and talk to the bartender or grab missions from a mission board. Looked very cool, thought I wrote down the name but I guess not :(

It was in the little indie area, I wanna say closer to the playstation store than the other side.

Amir0x

Banned
Like Uncharted and it can be fantasy or science fiction really. I like having as much freedom to interact with the world as possible. I've mostly played Jrpgs because I love their stories and art style but lately they aren't as gripping to me and I'm more then willing to give western rpgs a go but stuff like Elder Scrolls just never impressed me.

Alright, let me see what we have here...

Do you have a good PC? Well, I'll throw out things and see what sticks.

For RPGs, there is Bloodborne coming out. It's an action RPG, and has adventure elements built within it. Of course how much you enjoy it is heavily dependent on your tolerance for difficult games. It's extremely well designed, but no cake walk.

Transistor is also amazing, you should definitely give it a shot if you have a chance. It's a light action RPG, and it has a story that you can get into if you're into that sort of thing, and some really solid gameplay. Rad soundtrack as well.

There's tons of multiplatform RPGs, but not sure what you have or care about re: Diablo III, Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisiton, etc.

For adventure games, it's kind of difficult to get an exact match. WiLD - the Michael Ancel product - definitely meets your criteria for an adventure game with a story and a fantastical setting, and it's PS4 exclusive. Not sure if it'll turn out great yet of course since it's a ways off from release :p

There is RIME, that adventure/puzzle game from Tequila Works, which looks spectacular, supposedly has story as an important focus (each island represents a stage of Grief and his dreams) and has one of the best visual directions seen all gen. Also for PS4 only.

There's Persona 5 of course coming to PS4, if you don't already have a PS3 or just want to play it in its best version. You know about Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV of course, although that doesn't necessarily require you to get a PS4 - only if you want to play it in its best form.

Guerrilla Games has a crazy sci-fi tribal RPG coming that is supposedly very story heavy and has a world as big as The Witcher. So, that's one to watch for.

I don't know how deep you want me to go. Do you care if they're indies?

TargetDummy81

Neo Member
Am I the only one super hyped for Day of the Tentacle?

No way sir. Growing up around the time I did I was a Nes / Genesis / Super Nintendo kid and missed out on PC stuff.

I did hear about all these point and click adventure games that were praised and held in high regard as time passed.

I think it is great that I will be able to play it along with Grim Fandango on my PS4 / PS Vita. Those will definitely get some play along with Shovel Knight on a lunch break at work.

I liked the conference over all given the games I will be looking forward to that were announced and seeing more gameplay footage.

Natheren

Alright, let me see what we have here...

Do you have a good PC? Well, I'll throw out things and see what sticks.

For RPGs, there is Bloodborne coming out. It's an action RPG, and has adventure elements built within it. Of course how much you enjoy it is heavily dependent on your tolerance for difficult games. It's extremely well designed, but no cake walk.

Transistor is also amazing, you should definitely give it a shot if you have a chance. It's a light action RPG, and it has a story that you can get into if you're into that sort of thing, and some really solid gameplay. Rad soundtrack as well.

There's tons of multiplatform RPGs, but not sure what you have or care about re: Diablo III, Witcher 3, Dragon Age: Inquisiton, etc.

For adventure games, it's kind of difficult to get an exact match. WiLD - the Michael Ancel product - definitely meets your criteria for an adventure game with a story and a fantastical setting, and it's PS4 exclusive. Not sure if it'll turn out great yet of course since it's a ways off from release :p

There is RIME, that adventure/puzzle game from Tequila Works, which looks spectacular, supposedly has story as an important focus (each island represents a stage of Grief and his dreams) and has one of the best visual directions seen all gen. Also for PS4 only.

There's Persona 5 of course coming to PS4, if you don't already have a PS3 or just want to play it in its best version. You know about Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV of course, although that doesn't necessarily require you to get a PS4 - only if you want to play it in its best form.

Guerrilla Games has a crazy sci-fi tribal RPG coming that is supposedly very story heavy and has a world as big as The Witcher. So, that's one to watch for.

I don't know how deep you want me to go. Do you care if they're indies?

I'm using a laptop with an Intel Core i7 & Intel HD Graphics 4000. It just doesn't have dedicated ram to graphics so it's all shared.

Bloodboren along with Arkham Knight are two things I'm excited about but more or less second fiddle to what I'm looking for. I don't mine challenge, that's always a plus for me.

Love Transistor and have it on steam =) and I completely forgot all about Wild and Rime to be honest.

FFXV and KH3 were the big things I was looking to at first but I'm getting to the point I'm really not sure I want to support that company with my money ^^; Why I'm wanting to believe Sony is letting them dig themselves a hole while they prepare bring the big guns out. Why I'm a bit disappointed we've yet to hear anything on that or Guerrilla Games's game. Especially Guerrilla's game cause I was expecting to see at least something on that one.

I'm totally for Indies, I know there's a few rpgs coming on that front just not sure how many will be on PS.

Ami fact: Grim Fandango is one of only a handful of games ever made in this industry I believe has a genuinely great and well written storyline that can compete with greats in tv, film, books. Like, it sets a true standard.

QFT. Still in disbelief that it's actually getting remastered. So freaking pumped.
Just outta curiosity, what other games do you place in to that category?

wapplew

Thanks god for this event so that we could stop talking about November NPD over and over again.

Great show for fans, please do it every year.
How much is the cost to host something like this?

What was the game that was sorta like Elite, but completely single player and offline? You could fly around the universe, dock at ports/planets and talk to the bartender or grab missions from a mission board. Looked very cool, thought I wrote down the name but I guess not :(

It was in the little indie area, I wanna say closer to the playstation store than the other side.

Sounds like Freelancer to me. This is a new game?

Top Bottom