• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Platinum Titles & Franchise Sales Update May 22, 2024 - Monster Hunter 100M+ Sold, Great Ace 1M+ Seller, New 1M+ Switch Sellers

Credit Jawmuncher from the other forum for compiling the latest sales data published by Capcom on their IR website.

Link to the previous thread ca be found here.

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter World - 20.1M +500K
Monster Hunter Rise - 14.7M +500K
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne - 12.6M +1M
Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak - 7.7M +600K
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate - 4.8M +100K
Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin - 1.9M +100K

Resident Evil
Resident Evil 2 Remake - 13.9M +300K
Resident Evil 7 - 13.3M +300K
Resident Evil Village - 9.8M +500K
Resident Evil 5 (PC/Past Gen) - 9.1M +100K
Resident Evil 6 (PC/Past Gen) - 9.1M +100K
Resident Evil 3 Remake - 8.7M +300K
Resident Evil 4 Remake - 7M +600K
Resident Evil Remake HD - 4.2M +100K
Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster - 4.2M +100K
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 3.4M +100K
Resident Evil 4 (PS4/X1) - 3.2M +100K
Resident Evil 5 (PS4/X1) - 3.1M +100K
Resident Evil 6 (PS4/X1) - 3M +200K
Resident Evil: Revelations (PC/Past Gen) - 2.6M +100K
* Resident Evil 6 (Switch) - 1M [NEW]

Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 5 - 8.1M +300K
Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition - 2.7M +200K
Devil May Cry HD Collection (PC/PS4/X1) - 1.8M +100K
DmC: Definitive Edition - 1.4M +100K

Street Fighter
Street Fighter V - 7.5M +100K
Street Fighter IV (PC/Past Gen) - 3.6M +100K
Street Fighter 6 - 3.3M +400K
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection - 3.1M +100K
Ultra Street Fighter 4 (PC/Past Gen) 2.1M +100K

Dragon's Dogma
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PC/Past Gen) - 3.9M +400K
* Dragon's Dogma 2 - 2.6M [NEW]
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4/XB1) - 2.4M +100K
* Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (Switch) - 1.1M [NEW]

Dead Rising
Dead Rising 3 - 3.5M +100K
Dead Rising (PC/PS4/X1) - 1.5M +100K

Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 3.3M +100K
*The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - 1M [NEW]

Others:

Capcom Arcade Stadium - 2M +200K
Mega Man 11 - 1.9M +100K
Mega Man Legacy Collection - 1.6M +100K
Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium - 1.5M +300K
Remember Me (PC/Past Gen) - 1.5M +100K

Game Series Sales
Dragon's Dogma - 11.7M +3.3M
Okami - 4.1M +100K
Monster Hunter - 100M +3M
Devil May Cry - 31M +1M
Resident Evil - 157M +3M

Mr Moose

There's a Monster Hunter bundle if anyone is interested in the game on PC at the moment, £23.90. I was thinking about getting it and giving away Rise since I already have it on Steam.
Screenshot20240522at.png

Last edited:

Arachnid

Last I checked, RE5 was 14mil. I'm not sure those numbers are accurate.

EDIT: Didn't check the bottom of the list. The ports to current gen are listed as their own number, for some reason. Can't wait for RE2make and RE4make to overtake their total.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
i had to delete World, because if it's on my machine i literally will not play anything else. very heartening that it was so commercially successful. more please, thanks.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Remember Me (PC/Past Gen) - 1.5M +100K
Ok, this is a good surprise to me to see Remember Me in a CAPCOM sales report, I liked this game and it's a shame it's never getting a sequel, but this would be the right game to release these days, you know, it was a very inclusive game in a non-intrusive way: New IP, mixed race woman protagonist, relevant black characters, the protagonist is a strong woman and even so she's pretty, etc... And it's also gameplay focused (I loved that combo system) so a sequel would be well received imo, not a billion seller but a decent seller at least given a reasonable budget (don't cheap out but don't go AAA western dev retard).

Kataploom

Gold Member
i had to delete World, because if it's on my machine i literally will not play anything else. very heartening that it was so commercially successful. more please, thanks.
I had the same situation with Tetris on my NDS years ago, I had to leave it out of my carts bag just I had to deal with lazyness in order to play it lol

PanzerCute

Ok, this is a good surprise to me to see Remember Me in a CAPCOM sales report, I liked this game and it's a shame it's never getting a sequel, but this would be the right game to release these days, you know, it was a very inclusive game in a non-intrusive way: New IP, mixed race woman protagonist, relevant black characters, the protagonist is a strong woman and even so she's pretty, etc... And it's also gameplay focused (I loved that combo system) so a sequel would be well received imo, not a billion seller but a decent seller at least given a reasonable budget (don't cheap out but don't go AAA western dev retard).
I loved that game! Insane sound design and OST, great combat, interesting gameplay phases and a very interesting story.
Shame that Capcom sent it to die.

They acknowledging Dragon's Dogma as their newest Platinum Title is huge for the series. Now the hopes for a focused DLC and sequel are real.

MrMephistoX

Makes me wonder how Exoprimal is doing? I actually enjoy mindlessly mowing down swarms of AI dinosaurs with giant robot suits in a random group from time to time.

daxgame

I love Ace Attorney but I lol'd hard when they re-released the Apollo Justice trilogy priced 50 €.
Not surprised it hasn't reached 1M yet.
Bought it in the latest eShop spring deals for ~15€

Last edited:

Xyphie

Makes me wonder how Exoprimal is doing? I actually enjoy mindlessly mowing down swarms of AI dinosaurs with giant robot suits in a random group from time to time.

22 people battleroyaling it out to be the last man standing on Steam right now kinda tells the story. It bombed hard.

Last edited:
22 people battleroyaling it out to be the last man standing on Steam right now kinda tells the story. It bombed hard.

And yet, they keep those battle passes/dlc/new content coming...
I don't know how they're doing it or if it's even worth it for them, people said that it'd be dead in a matter of months and from what you're saying (haven't looked at the numbers) it's not that far from actually happening ?

I enjoyed it for about 90 hours, and yes, I actually bought it on PS but I just can't muster the courage to go on - same thing with Helldivers 2, while it's a good game...I get tired easily, GaaS games aren't for me it seems.

Cheers

MrMephistoX

And yet, they keep those battle passes/dlc/new content coming...
I don't know how they're doing it or if it's even worth it for them, people said that it'd be dead in a matter of months and from what you're saying (haven't looked at the numbers) it's not that far from actually happening ?

I enjoyed it for about 90 hours, and yes, I actually bought it on PS but I just can't muster the courage to go on - same thing with Helldivers 2, while it's a good game...I get tired easily, GaaS games aren't for me it seems.

Cheers

I just recently got into it myself since I needed something mindless while I was recovering from hernia surgery on heavy pain meds and it was perfect for that. In fact I enjoyed it way more than Helldivers.

Astral Dog

Healthy numbers all around

impressed by the sales of RE 0 HD, its one of those games the fanbase likes to pretend it doesn't exist and nobody plays it.

Dragon's Dogma made pretty good numbers on the Switch, specially because the 'series' wasn't so well known, yet passed 1M only on that platform.

Monster Hunter, of course, is a beast.

thanks to DMC5, the Devil May Cry series is making mucho 💰 should be close to 10M counting all versions

Astral Dog

I can't believe 1 million people bought RE6 on Switch....
lol yeah this is another surprise, count me among them, i just had to buy all of the Resident Evil games they put on the Switch no shame🤭

Its slightly better than what i remember on 360, at least they fixed QTE and it feels slightly more stable 🤷🏻‍♂️ RE6 was very popular when it came out

Woopah

lol yeah this is another surprise, count me among them, i just had to buy all of the Resident Evil games they put on the Switch no shame🤭

Its slightly better than what i remember on 360, at least they fixed QTE and it feels slightly more stable 🤷🏻‍♂️ RE6 was very popular when it came out
Clearly no shame! ;) Though I guess these Switch ports from Capcom must have paid off.

Top Bottom