• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PlayStation] Destruction AllStars - Meet Your AllStars l PS5 (trailer)

Tschumi

A fellow man of sophistication, I see.

Happy Hour Drinking GIF
Oh Yeah Reaction GIF by Focus Features

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I see the Anti-Ree's are in this thread already.

Jesus effing christ guys, ya'll really see "muh diversity" and "ruh roh, I see coloured people so its definitely woke" every where, huh?

Legit nothing in that trailer was pushing an agenda unless you think differing skin colours automatically = an agenda to undermine white people.

I can't with this place recently, wtf happened 🤦🏽‍♂️

I see woke propaganda everywhere now. It's all consuming.

That being said, multiplayer lives or dies based on gameplay, not art direction or political ideologies. I'm game if it's fun.

Tschumi

Jesus effing christ guys, ya'll really see "muh diversity" and "ruh roh, I see coloured people so its definitely woke" every where, huh?

Legit nothing in that trailer was pushing an agenda unless you think differing skin colours automatically = an agenda to undermine white people.

A little bit totally with you champ... But it's not exactly "recent", I've been lurking for a while and part of the reason i held off on making an account was how many people take things like unpretty women, non-hetero and ethnically diverse characters, personally... It's interesting this is the thread that prompted your comment, it's relevant in heaps of threads...

Well that's how these things go, that's the trending agenda in gaming these days, i guess in a decade or so it'll just be accepted and people will have new things to get butthurt about.

Free*. Hype. Good vehicle variety so far... except for motor bikes.

Looks polished from the slices. Doesn't look like it pushes the system so the incognito of performance is not a big deal either.

Last edited:
From PS Blog: (16 player Online matches - that's a lot of mayhem).

Become an AllStar​

• Heroes… icons… global sensations - Sixteen fearless, charismatic Destruction AllStars make up the roster of international competitors vying for the Global Destruction Federation Championship.​
  • These guys are pay-per-view and pay-per-wreck quality. Main eventers and headliners. Known across the world.​
  • Utilize each AllStar’s abilities to tailor your tactics and play style – exploit their agility, speed or strength to wreck and evade rivals with powerful skills and parkour, switch between vehicles or leap onto speeding cars in heart-stopping takeover attempts.​

Drive destruction​

• The finest engineers have carefully crafted 28 vehicles for the Global Destruction Federation.
  • A number of basic vehicles will be scattered throughout each arena at the start of every match.
  • But each AllStar also has a personal signature set of wheels that can turn the tide of any battle.
  • Cause enough mayhem to power up your hero vehicle – each one is fueled with special abilities to get fans off their seats.

Master the mayhem​

• The Destruction AllStar roster is packed with fearless daredevils who fought to get to the pinnacle of their sport through masterful skills, precise timing and cunning tactics.
  • Each competition features specific objectives and targets you need to hit as you direct and tailor the force, impact, speed and power of your destruction.

Create your legacy​

• Compete in a storied single-player series, specifically tailored to a number of playable Destruction AllStars. Master over 50 events1 to prove yourself a Destruction legend. Unlock new skins, emotes and banners as you take on AI rivals in momentous challenges spread across the five global arenas.
  • Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online matches with your friends. Jump into a Casual quick play session and experience new limited-time rule twists in Special Events.Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online2 matches with your friends. Jump into a Casual quick play session and experience new limited-time rule twists in Special Events.

Last edited:
I'll try it out with ps plus but I am not expecting much. In fact as someone else in here already said, this is like a Bleeding Edge lol.. granted ps plus does have far more subscribers and hype than game pass but yeah we'll see. I could use a solid multiplayer game right now but I am keeping expectations low.

It's still worrying they originally thought they could get away with pricing this at 70 bucks.
Your comparison between PS+ and game pass is odd, as the competing Xbox offering is Xbox live.

Xbox invests heavily in subscription offerings and as a result actually outperforms Playstation substantially in this area

Mid 2020 numbers:
PS Now: 2.2 million active subs
Game pass: 10 million active subs

Ps+: 41.5 million active subs
Xbox live: 90 million active subs

So sure. Technically PS+ has more subscribers than game pass, but that is a misrepresentation. When you compare like to like subscription offerings in the console space, Xbox is perhaps rather surprisingly ahead here. I get the logic, more consoles sold should equal more subscription sales, but that's not the reality.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/19/...ion-subscribers-active-users-ps4-subscription

Back on topic, I'm excited to check this game out on PSN

Last edited:

Shmunter

Your comparison between PS+ and game pass is odd, as the competing Xbox offering is Xbox live.

Xbox invests heavily in subscription offerings and as a result actually outperforms Playstation substantially in this area

Mid 2020 numbers:

So sure. Technically PS+ has more subscribers than game pass, but that is a misrepresentation. When you compare like to like subscription offerings in the console space, Xbox is perhaps rather surprisingly ahead here. I get the logic, more consoles sold should equal more subscription sales, but that's not the reality.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/19/...ion-subscribers-active-users-ps4-subscription

How many Gold subscribers?

How many $1 gamepass deals still active?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

I like that it is Destruction Derby inspired but... I would prefer an actual Destruction Derby remake/reboot.
It was more serious than this weird shit.

Thomish

Anti-Ree's truly just as cancerous as Ree's. Jesus Christ.

It's gonna be a free game on PS+. I'm looking forward to this bigly - should be fun to play - if not, it was free. Haven't lost anything but some time.

Thomish

Sleeping on Sackboy. Ol' fella took down Vex and his topsy turvy, not sure Kratos could've managed this.

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned

I mean, maybe this is just me getting old, but the fat black woman is hilarious, even more when she's moving fast, it's obvious why she's there.

You don't have to resort to conspiracy theories, I'm not white and I also think the character looks stupid.

As for the rest, it just looks like Fortnite wannabes. Just a silly looking game, though it'll be free, so, maybe it will be worth it to give it a shot?

Unknown?

I read that members of the WipEout team are working on this. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. I love the look of the gameplay, just not the characters.

I see woke propaganda everywhere now. It's all consuming.

Because there is woke propaganda everywhere but it's not a bad thing per se.
Here, it's perfect.

Btw, the game look really fun.
At 80 Euro is a big fucking NOPE. But free on pass look really interesting

Last edited:

Unknown?

From PS Blog: (16 player Online matches - that's a lot of mayhem).

Become an AllStar​

• Heroes… icons… global sensations - Sixteen fearless, charismatic Destruction AllStars make up the roster of international competitors vying for the Global Destruction Federation Championship.​
  • These guys are pay-per-view and pay-per-wreck quality. Main eventers and headliners. Known across the world.​
  • Utilize each AllStar’s abilities to tailor your tactics and play style – exploit their agility, speed or strength to wreck and evade rivals with powerful skills and parkour, switch between vehicles or leap onto speeding cars in heart-stopping takeover attempts.​

Drive destruction​

• The finest engineers have carefully crafted 28 vehicles for the Global Destruction Federation.
  • A number of basic vehicles will be scattered throughout each arena at the start of every match.
  • But each AllStar also has a personal signature set of wheels that can turn the tide of any battle.
  • Cause enough mayhem to power up your hero vehicle – each one is fueled with special abilities to get fans off their seats.

Master the mayhem​

• The Destruction AllStar roster is packed with fearless daredevils who fought to get to the pinnacle of their sport through masterful skills, precise timing and cunning tactics.
  • Each competition features specific objectives and targets you need to hit as you direct and tailor the force, impact, speed and power of your destruction.

Create your legacy​

• Compete in a storied single-player series, specifically tailored to a number of playable Destruction AllStars. Master over 50 events1 to prove yourself a Destruction legend. Unlock new skins, emotes and banners as you take on AI rivals in momentous challenges spread across the five global arenas.
  • Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online matches with your friends. Jump into a Casual quick play session and experience new limited-time rule twists in Special Events.Accelerate the drama and enter 16-player online2 matches with your friends. Jump into a Casual quick play session and experience new limited-time rule twists in Special Events.
Really hope it has split screen but looks like it doesn't.

Thomish

I mean, maybe this is just me getting old, but the fat black woman is hilarious, even more when she's moving fast, it's obvious why she's there.

You don't have to resort to conspiracy theories, I'm not white and I also think the character looks stupid.

As for the rest, it just looks like Fortnite wannabes. Just a silly looking game, though it'll be free, so, maybe it will be worth it to give it a shot?
So what you're saying is fat black woman in a game = some sort of woke agenda...? What a stretch. What's "woke" about having a fat black woman in a game that has multiple personas already?

Last edited:

Interfectum

Jesus Christ those character designs almost make me not even want to bother downloading the game. I hope they didn't pay much for those.

THEAP99

Banned

Mid 2020 numbers:

Dude.. no. Xbox live 90 million users is just active xbox accounts, it's free, that's it. Xbox live is not a paid subscription like xbox live gold. Xbox live gold active users are not in the 90 million range. Get it right.

Also, xbox live free users come from a multitude of things. Whenever people play minecraft on playstation, that counts as xbox live users, it's really inflated. But that's besides the point - the point is, xbox live is not paid and is not xbox live gold. Playstation plus is ahead of any xbox subscription.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
They were gonna charge full price for this?

Who ever made the decision to PS+ it was/is a genius.

Azurro

Banned
So what you're saying is fat black woman in a game = some sort of woke agenda...? What a stretch. What's "woke" about having a fat black woman in a game that has multiple personas already?

Having an unappealing, fat woman jumping around pretending she's super agile is an appeal to body positivity, which is a subset of woke, yes. :)

I mean, I'm not really complaining, it's hilarious to see that blob jumping around, but let's not bs around on why she's there.

thelastword

Banned
Looks pretty cool. What's with the comments about $70. It's free and it looks fun. Sony will make their money back just like Fortnite is doing. People forget, Rocket League got its success through PS Plus.

Anti-Ree's truly just as cancerous as Ree's. Jesus Christ.

It's gonna be a free game on PS+. I'm looking forward to this bigly - should be fun to play - if not, it was free. Haven't lost anything but some time.

Couldn't agree more with both of you guys. I saw nothing on that trailer that was pushing an agenda, and it's ridiculous to assume that because there are people of color that it is somehow woke. I wonder if the Anti_Ree's, as you call them, even realize how akin they are to the people they criticize, which just makes them hypocrites. However, this place was almost destroyed by the Ree people, so I can see why there was such a strong bounce in the opposite direction. Some people need to chill and stop trying to see wokeness where there is none, I'm afraid it will drive people away from this awesome place to discuss videogames.

Now, the topic on hand: I think the game looks like it could be really fun! I'll definitely give it a shot next month. I was really happy to see that it was coming for free to PS plus, I think the game will have better chances of taking off that way.

Azurro

Banned
Couldn't agree more with both of you guys. I saw nothing on that trailer that was pushing an agenda, and it's ridiculous to assume that because there are people of color that it is somehow woke. I wonder if the Anti_Ree's, as you call them, even realize how akin they are to the people they criticize, which just makes them hypocrites. However, this place was almost destroyed by the Ree people, so I can see why there was such a strong bounce in the opposite direction. Some people need to chill and stop trying to see wokeness where there is none, I'm afraid it will drive people away from this awesome place to discuss videogames.

I'm kind of curious, what is "being woke" to you? Because it's an interesting one, being woke is taking contradictory attributes and presenting them as normal because it advances the ultimate goal of presenting something that isn't good as good.

In this case, a fat, black woman being presented as agile and a pretty bad attempt at looking cool because they want to normalize and push the idea that being fat is good, healthy, normal and desirable: Body positivity. What I find a bit low is that they also make the character black to make it harder to criticize, as black people are lower in the privilege totem and critics can be called racists if they don't enjoy the design.

Last edited:

Mid 2020 numbers:

LMAO this person doesn't realize PS+ and Xbox Live are two totally different things. 90 million isn't how many Xbox Live Gold members there are genius it's how many people log onto Xbox Live via console, PC, mobile, etc. The more accurate comparison would be PSN accounts vs. XBL accounts of which there are over 100 million PSN MAUs. Learn wtf you're talking about

Top Bottom