• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 Launch title Destruction AllStars detailed, to run at 60 FPS with dynamic 4K resolution

Kagey K

Banned
Personally I think if it's dynamic between 1440p and 4K and never goes below 4K, I'm not sure how many people would even notice when the game is in motion. Sure if you have people on Digital Foundry doing frame by frame analysis and doing the staircase counting stuff there will be those "aAHAHHHAAA gotcha!" moments but honestly who gives a shit anymore.

Whether it's PS5 or Xbox Series X, I don't even care for 4K. I want a nice framerate and great image quality.
With VRR you won’t notice if it stutters down to 45 frames. I’ll take Max resolution over a fluxating framerate I’ll never see any day of the week.

sn0man

PGR4 is the only reason why I keep my Xbox 360. Just image how good PGR5 could look like on next-gen.
Dang! You reminded me I need to dig out my 360 for some kudos in the rain. I played the crap out of 3 and fell into Forza Motorsport when 4 was out. I’ve got 2 copies of 3 and 4 though for system link parties.

Alx

Real question

Can someone explain what dynamic 4k means for me? Thanks ahead of time.

When the game can't reach its 4K-60 fps target in busy situations, it will automatically reduce the resolution of the images it is generating to have better chances of keeping a stable framerate.

Ar¢tos

Seriously, the "dynamic 4k" thing is starting to become sort of alarming for the ps5 if it can't push this basic game at true 4k 60.
You realize that the little 18% boost the XSX has won't save it from "dynamic 4k" for equally demanding games (talking about all the ones announced with dynamic res)?

Kagey K

Banned
What proof do you have that it is?
I didn’t make the claim, nor try to dispute it. I’m just saying if you want to dispute a claim, show facts.

If I ever make I claim I like to use facts to back it up, same as if I ever dispute them.

Dont get mad at me if your best rebuttal is lol. Perhaps your expertise isn’t required at that time if that’s your best response.

Last edited:
I didn’t make the claim, nor try to dispute it. I’m just saying if you want to dispute a claim, show facts.

If I ever make I claim I like to use facts to back it up, same as if I ever dispute them.

Dont get mad at me if your best rebuttal is lol. Perhaps your expertise isn’t required at that time if that’s your best response.
Firstly, I’m not the one who said “lol.”

Secondly, instead of asking the first person to prove their claim, you skipped directly to asking the 2nd person to ‘prove him wrong.’

That’s not how discussions work unless you’re in preschool.

Last edited:

vkbest

why dynamic 4k? Is this the new norm?

I hope this and 1080p option (for FullHD users) will be the new norm. Dynamic 4k means, get always good performance, and let improving resolution when a new hardware revision release (example PS5 Pro).

Last edited:

Kagey K

Banned
?

You literally just called this game “basic.”

What proof do you have of that?
I fucking didn’t.

Keep up man.

I made no claims as to how basic or advanced the game is.

I suggested you should have more evidence when addressing the person that called it basic.

You should go back and read the posts before commenting again.

I will wait for your apology, though I doubt I’ll ever get it.

Last edited:

MilkyJoe

Saw "Destruction" in the thread title, immediately thought "Destruction Derby" :messenger_grinning:... Clicks on thread...

df9d4bfeb9e6c2e318d24609a7a5a754.jpg

I am very disappointed

I fucking didn’t.

Keep up man.

I made no claims as to how basic or advanced the game is.

I suggested you should have more evidence when addressing the person that called it basic.

You should go back and read the posts before commenting again.
Yeah. I misread it & edited my post.

I’m just saying that you playing the ‘prove him wrong’ game is amusingly childish. There’s no evidence to suggest this game, so far, is or isn’t “basic.”

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Seriously, the "dynamic 4k" thing is starting to become sort of alarming for the ps5 if it can't push this basic game at true 4k 60.

What's alarming is that people think Native 4K is going to be the norm on next gen consoles.

The RTX 2080 Ti is more powerful than current gen consoles and you're not getting 4k 60fps locked with ultra settings. Next gen consoles are going to be more demanding.

Do you know why VRS and Machine Learning is going to be important next gen?

Devs want to save as much performance as possible next gen. It's going to be difficult for next gen consoles to have Native 4K as standard.

Kagey K

Banned
Yeah. I misread it & edited my post.

I’m just saying that you playing the ‘prove him wrong’ game is amusingly childish. There’s no evidence to suggest this game, so far, is or isn’t “basic.”
So as of right now either of you are right, but you both believe you are.

Silly hill to die on.

Zuzu

1440p/60fps, 4k/30fps and dynamic 4k/60fps will be the most common resolution and performance modes we see this gen for mainstream big budget games which are not cross generation. There will be very few locked 4k/locked 60fps games this generation (other than games with simpler graphics).

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Halo Infinite looked an entire generation behind, and it was dynamic 4K as well. I wouldn't get your britches pulled up too high just yet.

McCheese

Looks nice, could be a fun game given the pedigree behind it. But £70, during a recession, with little to no marketing. Not to mention it's multiplayer focused and a launch title so needs every player it can get.

Feel bad for the team to be honest, most of these people have been going from one closed studio to the next for almost a decade and can't seem to catch a break, despite their talent.

Udde

Developed by Lucid Games (the Liverpool-based studio founded by former Bizarre Creations veterans)

I didn't know that! Now I'm even more interested.

I respect all opinions, but I couldn't care less about 4k being dynamic or not, ray-traced or not.

Give me a crisp image, great art style, 60fps, and that's all I care about about graphics in a game. I really hope devs focus on these three points and not the other ones that seam to move so many threads around here lately :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Saw "Destruction" in the thread title, immediately thought "Destruction Derby" :messenger_grinning:... Clicks on thread...

df9d4bfeb9e6c2e318d24609a7a5a754.jpg

I am very disappointed
Pretty much, they've decided to cater to Fortnite/Rocket League crowd instead of creating a remake of Destruction Derby.

And why would you care, if/when it cant be noticed.

It would be more alarming that they would waste power to true 4K to get bragging rights but worse fidelity and nobody would even notice native vs dynamic

Last edited:

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
If this game can't do 4k/60 i'm not sure about Assassin Va or Resident Evil, DF video gonna be lot of fun

Maybe because this game is way more GPU demanding then those 2 games? It's a way faster game, it has a lot of physics destruction, particle effects, lights. No one will notice something like this is fast paced games if it runs 60fps.

Maybe it hits full 4K 99% of the time...who knows?

Whitecrow

Banned
Seems weird to me how people dont see how demanding this game can be. Lots of things can be happening in the screen at once.

Come on, is not anything like Dark Souls for example, that is just 1 VS 3 or 4 enemies.

Achille0s

Maybe because this game is way more GPU demanding then those 2 games? It's a way faster game, it has a lot of physics destruction, particle effects, lights. No one will notice something like this is fast paced games if it runs 60fps.

Maybe it hits full 4K 99% of the time...who knows?

I can't see how this game can be more GPU demanding than an open world game like Assassin, it's true that is a faster game but it's hard to belive for me.

If this hit 4k 99% of the time they will do the marketing as a 4K game and not a dynamic 4k.

we will found out if the system is strong enough to do a 4k/60 on release but it's gonna be really fun if the series x can output a 4k/60 and the PS5 stuck at dynmic 4k

You realize that the little 18% boost the XSX has won't save it from "dynamic 4k" for equally demanding games (talking about all the ones announced with dynamic res)?

The power gap is greater than 18% . It would appear that Sony took a wrong turn when scoping the PS5. Dynamic 4k in games this basic is pretty alarming.

itsnotme

The power gap is greater than 18% . It would appear that Sony took a wrong turn when scoping the PS5. Dynamic 4k in games this basic is pretty alarming.
What about dynamic 4k in Halo? Because people are forgetting that it's also dynamic 4k60 but looks infinitely (pun intended) worse. There are 4k60fps with RT games on the PS5 already it's not like the console can't do it check our GT or God fall but as you can see the graphical fidelity is not as impressive.

Ar¢tos

The typical veiled 9tf comment...
18% is considering a single unit (TFs), if you consider other factors the gap is actually smaller.

Hunnybun

Anyway, if it is 60fps at dynamic 4k then that's truly impressive.

It was already one of the best looking PS5 games, so to have it at close to 4k60 is a pretty incredible achievement.

The title is too good to be a valid source "Looks Like Assassin's Creed Valhalla Will Be 60FPS, 4K on PS5"

it can be true we need to wait for the release day

There is no looks like. It's confirmed. Take it at face value like you did for when it was confirmed for XSX

Last edited:

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
There is no looks like. It's confirmed. Take it at face value like you did for when it was confirmed for XSX

I'm very, very interested in the asscreed next gen comparison. Back then Black Flag was the canary in the coal mine that set the alarms off concerning the power gap.

Last edited:

Achille0s

TonyK

This dynamic 4k, why not to use some sort of advanced upscaling? Ideally, some sort of DLSS, but I know it's not so simple.

Main doubt is, dynamic 4 K looks better than 1800p with checkerboard?

Hunnybun

Maybe here but most casual don't care

And yet virtually all the big "casual" games run at 60fps.

I realise correlation doesn't equal causation but it's still something to consider.

While there's no particular evidence that casual gamers care about frame rate, there's also no evidence they care about graphics either.

And I'm fucking certain they don't care about resolution, which at small differences is basically imperceptible.

Top Bottom