• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Feel it Now' - New PS5 Spot

ByWatterson

Also lol at the culture war arguments ITT. It's the typical power fantasy live-action ad with fan service.
Do you expect her to be at home raising children and housekeeping in the ad, like a traditional woman? Come on, guys...

Trad-Wife Simulator 2024.

But seriously:

1. They have the male market kinda wrapped up at this point; and
2. Women play games, too.

What silly complaints. Isn't she literally kissing some strong dude in the ad?

mortal

Gold Member
Trad-Wife Simulator 2024.

But seriously:

1. They have the male market kinda wrapped up at this point; and
2. Women play games, too.

What silly complaints. Isn't she literally kissing some strong dude in the ad?
Exactly. Like it or not, women are a growing consumer demographic. Of course, these companies will market their products to them. They'd be foolish not to.
It's not even insulting like that Gillette ad where men and masculinity were demonzied.

Last edited:
They want to portray strong women and weak men. This is the direction they are going and it shows.

Fran Healy Clown GIF by Travis

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
IMO ads for laundry detergent and dish soap should all feature burly white dudes like myself.

They already got the female market cornered so it’s time to stop targeting them.

Puscifer

What about playing it? I literally played 5 hours of Spider-Man 2 and bowed out, I'm really tired of every exclusive taking the Naughty Dog walky talky exhibition playbook considering 10 seconds after pressing new game in the original we got full control of Spiderman

IMO ads for laundry detergent and dish soap should all feature burly white dudes like myself.

They already got the female market cornered so it’s time to stop targeting them.
Pics?

Last edited:

danklord

Gold Member
They've done this bit better and the production budget is clearly through the roof. Consider this a 7 out of 10 for Sony ads.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
What about playing it? I literally played 5 hours of Spider-Man 2 and bowed out, I'm really tired of every exclusive taking the Naughty Dog walky talky exhibition playbook considering 10 seconds after pressing new game in the original we got full control of Spiderman

Pics?
E0beBsO.jpg

Close enough

LukeAJN

Why is every person in that ad a woman? I didn’t know that the PS5’s user base is 98% women, I must be one of the few exceptions.
There is at least 3 men in it, as well as the voice over. Also it is the same woman the entire time.... you can't be serious with this comment

Cool Ad. Theres a game there looking very Mad Max like or Twisted Metal tease? 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, they have that new Twisted Metal game in the works for quite a while now so maybe it's a reference to that. That said, I wish it was a reference to either a new Motorstorm game or a remastered collection of the PS3 titles...

Last edited:
The problem with jokes like this is that there are too many people here who seriously feel this way, and your post is just stoking the flames.
100% this. Also, between this and the Miles Morales thread, Gaf has been really disappointing lately. Not disappointing enough to deal with the utter BS at the other place, but disappointing nonetheless.

There is at least 3 men in it, as well as the voice over. Also it is the same woman the entire time.... you can't be serious with this comment

I'm sure that user was just trying to stir up crap.

Last edited:
Becoming quite apparent now that they are relying too heavily on gow/sm/horizon.

We all know they have new IP in the pipeline they really just need to let us know.

Even if they release a blog post with a title reveal like "Sony Santa Monica is proud to announce (space game name), please be excited to find out more in the future.

Then at least we have confirmation something is being worked on

That would achieve nothing.
What do they want us to feel? How woke they’ve become?

Nah i’m good, thank you.

Because the ad features a woman?

Looks at cyberpunk and starfield sales...

Yes you are right it would do nothing.

Sony don't have a problem with selling millions of copies of their own big budget games. They'll announce when ready.

Remember - they are far more successful than both of the companies you've referenced.

SteadyEvo

Tides got you covered. Slovenly men and NFL players.

On topic I didn’t even notice it was all women. I was looking at the games on display, most being remakes. Some from 2 gens ago. I love TLOU as much as the next man but I’ve played it to death at this point. Same with uncharted. Sony really needs to announce something new and original.

Last edited:
The blog post has a list for whats coming in 2024.
While 2023 has been an epic year for gaming, there are even more great games to look forward to next year, including Helldivers 2, Concord, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Tekken 8, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, Pacific Drive, and more...

hmm... nope, not really feeling it...

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
The blog post has a list for whats coming in 2024.

More amazing games on the horizon

While 2023 has been an epic year for gaming, there are even more great games to look forward to next year, including Helldivers 2, Concord, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Tekken 8, Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, Pacific Drive, and more.

Cringe Reaction GIF

Yeah not feeling it

What's going on at team Blue's HQ?

Top Bottom