• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PlayStation] Destruction AllStars - Meet Your AllStars l PS5 (trailer)

NeoGiffer

d31152c5932d213aaac4c2cd72d23887.gif

THEAP99

Banned
I'll try it out with ps plus but I am not expecting much. In fact as someone else in here already said, this is like a Bleeding Edge lol.. granted ps plus does have far more subscribers and hype than game pass but yeah we'll see. I could use a solid multiplayer game right now but I am keeping expectations low.

It's still worrying they originally thought they could get away with pricing this at 70 bucks.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
The marketing for this game has been almost nonexistent, which is weird considering it's a PS5 exclusive you'd think Sony would be pushing it more.
Shit will live or die by the player base. I like the concept well enough, but I feel like this will end up bombing.

Dthomp

Imagine instead of showing us some gripping gameplay or ideas about modes we instead get the diversity trailer showing off all your choices of diversity. :rolleyes:

This game had it released at launch or even now at 70 bucks would be DOA for sure. With the sheer amount of other FTP games on the market I don't see this having a lifespan past the end of February outside of a few hardcores who get into it. I can't see why I'd play this over something like Rocket League tbh.

Gold_Loot

This game could be great fun , but- these characters. Damn, it’s like if someone held a contest to see who can come up with the most repulsive designs imaginable and threw them in a game. Yuck.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I'd main either Captain Box or the Cat car. Imagine if I did knock out someone and they'd be raging that a fucking cat car took them out. If I lost I wouldn't give a shit.

xrnzaaas

The marketing for this game has been almost nonexistent, which is weird considering it's a PS5 exclusive you'd think Sony would be pushing it more.
Shit will live or die by the player base. I like the concept well enough, but I feel like this will end up bombing.
I mean why bother at this point, it would've been DoA without PS+ and I think they realized that. I bet it'll still have a rough start considering it's not a cross gen title.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Game will be free with PS+ next month.
The only thing I like about the game.

Well, to be fair, maybe the gameplay is actually fun but I'm not holding my breath. The game screams of trying to become the next fortnite or rocket league. I just don't like that.

Last edited:

Certinty

Not sure I’m seeing what you guys are seeing.

Characters look fine and the game looks fun.

With PS+ I’m more than excited to give this a go.

I wonder if they realized no one would be paying actual money for this and put it on Plus.

That is most definitely what happened.

Hell, Returnal looks GREAT and I still am not super happy about paying 70 bucks for it, but I will anyway, because it looks fucking awesome. No way I would have paid 70 for this though

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I see the Anti-Ree's are in this thread already.

Jesus effing christ guys, ya'll really see "muh diversity" and "ruh roh, I see coloured people so its definitely woke" every where, huh?

Legit nothing in that trailer was pushing an agenda unless you think differing skin colours automatically = an agenda to undermine white people.

I can't with this place recently, wtf happened 🤦🏽‍♂️

?

Exactly one person brought up diversity, everyone just mainly thought the characters look odd or ugly?

I don't even see anyone bringing up 'agenda' or 'woke' except you.

Maybe I'm missing something?

MrMephistoX

I read this as Playstation All Stars: Destruction. I expected Sackboy beating up Kratos. I am disappointed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fbh

Gold_Loot

?

Exactly one person brought up diversity, everyone just mainly thought the characters look odd or ugly?

I don't even see anyone bringing up 'agenda' or 'woke' except you.

Maybe I'm missing something?
Nope. You pretty much got it right.

They went for a stylized look, and to many, it misses the mark.

Top Bottom