• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Performance Test(GigaPixels/s): PS5 outperforms RTX 2080 by a wide margin under heavy load

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
again talking in future time doesn't do any favor to win argument but keep dreaming what could happen.

rendering an entire universe :pie_roffles: you'll need infinite amount of flops...
i don't think you really understand what you're talking about thus SC isn't rendering entire game world at once or any other game is.
rendering is all about frame budget, thus there's no difference between tlou2 and sc in that regard except world size.
I don't need to dream. I have games with some higher assets than TLOU2. Just not better animations, as chars assets SC wins.

Where I did say that the entire game is being rendered at once? point me pls. Sure the PS4 can run SC exactly how it is. For start, try to run SC on an HDD and see for yourself what happens.

Last edited:

Darius87

I don't need to dream. I have games with some higher assets than TLOU2. Just not better animations, as chars assets SC wins.
you have games like...?
unreleased game wins over game which runs on 7 year old hw but still can't win at every aspect bravo you must be proud of yourself.
what happens if SC never releases? you win anyway? or you win in future time? :messenger_grinning:

Where I did say that the entire game is being rendered at once? point me pls.
ok.
is much easier than rendering an entire universe
i think you should educate yourself what term rendering means in first place
i know that you ment not at once thus gpu only renders game frame by frame.

And you really think the only diference between SC and TLOU2 is frame budget? Sure the PS4 can run SC exactly how it is. Try to run SC on an HDD and see for yourself what happens.
i've never said PS4 could run SC.
chillout...

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
you have games like...?
unreleased game wins over game which runs on 7 year old hw but still can't win at every aspect bravo you must be proud of yourself.
what happens if SC never releases? you win anyway? or you win in future time? :messenger_grinning:

ok.

i think you should educate yourself what term rendering means in first place
i know that you ment not at once thus gpu only renders game frame by frame.

i've never said PS4 could run SC.
chillout...
HOw does it matter if it is releases for the fact that we can play it right now and see the quality of the chars?
Keep thinking that it is cool for the graphics whores that no one is doing better animations than a game on a weak PS4. Should be sad. Naught Dog could be making chars much better than what we got on TLOU2.

Darius87

HOw does it matter if it is releases for the fact that we can play it right now and see the quality of the chars?
ok if it doesn't matter why not compare to:

or

Keep thinking that it is cool for the graphics whores that no one is doing better animations than a game on a weak PS4. Should be sad.
i'm not thinking that don't really know why you assume that? the point i'm making the is that talent who makes games look good not flops.
Naught Dog could be making chars much better than what we got on TLOU2.
and they are probably right now don't really get what point you wanna make?

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
ok if it doesn't matter why not compare to:

or

i'm not thinking that don't really know why you assume that? the point i'm making the is that talent who makes games look good not flops.

and they are probably right now don't really get what point you wanna make?

Can I play these games right now? If I can we will for sure compare.

"is that talent who makes games look good not flops"

It is BOTH. Or you think some very talented dev can make a PS1 char look better than the TLOU2 ones?

Last edited:
RDR2 is multiplatform game you have to be pretty delusional to think RDR2 character models and animation are better then TLOU2 and that's not even subjective thing.
my question to you was animations and charactter models but you have to counter with game size and activity you think i didn't know that? :messenger_grinning:

what's so funny about bringing best aspects of the game that can't even todays PC can't match? that doesn't mean other aspects of the game aren't good, if you wanna compare overall GFX try to match Demon Souls on PS5 and please try to not bring up multiplatform game because like i said multiplatforms on PC are just cranked up settings and we know that differences from high to ultra aren't that big.
Rdr2 is a much more impressive game then tlou2. More characters and more voice lines and animations for all these unique characters. Higher draw distance, bigger worlds, more life to the world with individual branches and grass moving, better lighting. There was a thread on here that compared the two and just about everyone so said rdr2 has better graphics over tlou2.

Keep dreaming that only Sony can create good looking games, when there are plenty of games that look better, and run better than a measly 30fps or less.
I don't have any problem, i'm just pointing out you are wrong with this. The 60 series was always mid-range, the 560, 660, 760, 960, 1060, etc. and most of them were cheaper than how much the 3060 costs now. There's always a "50" card later on and some gens had even lower ones like the 1030, the 730, etc. I'm not even going to mention shit like the 210, 405 or 710.

If anything, considering the price and performance, i would say the 3060 is closer to the higher end of the spectrum.

This should be the correct hierarchy:

Enthusiast - 90
High-end - 70/80
Mid-range - 60
Low-range - 50/30
Non-gaming - 20/10/05

Now, if Nvidia doesn't release a "50" card or lower, it will simply mean they won't release any low end cards.
Non gaming? Lol no. Its in the lower range. There wasn't anything lower than the 2060 for the 20xx series, and we are in the 30xx series now, so doubt thats a possibility of releasing now. When was the last time you seen a xx30 gpu or a xx10 gpu? With only a 3060 ti so far, and no 2050 from last gen, we can safely assume it's the lower end card. Which can perform similar and even better than ps5. Nothing wrong with that, as gpu's are getting better and more affordable.

Darius87

Rdr2 is a much more impressive game then tlou2. More characters and more voice lines and animations for all these unique characters. Higher draw distance, bigger worlds, more life to the world with individual branches and grass moving, better lighting. There was a thread on here that compared the two and just about everyone so said rdr2 has better graphics over tlou2.
I liked RDR2 more to then TLOU2 because in general i like open world games more, but you missed my the point completely, like you always do.
at this point i starting to doubt that you even played TLOU2?
speaking of being biased... :messenger_grinning:

Keep dreaming that only Sony can create good looking games, when there are plenty of games that look better, and run better than a measly 30fps or less.
do you have a middle? or to you is only god or bad? or best/worst.
i never said only sony but i guess you know better what i said.

I liked RDR2 more to then TLOU2 because in general i like open world games more, but you missed my the point completely, like you always do.
at this point i starting to doubt that you even played TLOU2?
speaking of being biased... :messenger_grinning:

do you have a middle? or to you is only god or bad? or best/worst.
i never said only sony but i guess you know better what i said.
I was talking about best games graphically. You are talking about best character models and animations, without regards to any other metric. That's why rdr2 wins all of those metrics as a whole. I've played a little of tlou2 but got bored of it. Just not my kind of game. Similar to how you enjoyed RDR2 more, as well.

Most of the people touting Sony titles as best looking, think they are the best of the best visuals, and always compare them to other games. Which isn't the least bit ironic here.

How about this, what is three visually best looking game in your opinion? Including all aspects of visuals, not just carefully picked ones to try and prove a moot point.

Darius87

I was talking about best games graphically. You are talking about best character models and animations, without regards to any other metric. That's why rdr2 wins all of those metrics as a whole. I've played a little of tlou2 but got bored of it. Just not my kind of game. Similar to how you enjoyed RDR2 more, as well.
from your #357 post seems you talk in general terms not only GFX but crazy part that you consider RDR2 better in visuals without even fully completing TLOU2 and even calling me biased how ironic :messenger_tears_of_joy:
i completed both games and played RDR2 a lot more then TLOU2 and without a doubt TLOU2 looks better in many ways and that's pretty much common thing for 2 major studios ones game will look better if it's not multi title and not open world(vs open world).

How about this, what is three visually best looking game in your opinion? Including all aspects of visuals, not just carefully picked ones to try and prove a moot point.
i think you don't get it why i'm picking 2 best aspects of TLOU2 because they're unmatched by any game i could say TLOU2 looks better then most games in any category but that would be controversial thing to say like you saying about RDR2 but those 2 aspects of TLOU2 aren't. prove me wrong!

Top 3 hard to say i don't have PS5 yet but looking from videos/gameplay:
1) Demon Souls
2) Last of us part 2
3) Spider-man / Spider-man MM

anyway we should stop derailing this thread to oblivion or go elsewhere to discuss.

from your #357 post seems you talk in general terms not only GFX but crazy part that you consider RDR2 better in visuals without even fully completing TLOU2 and even calling me biased how ironic :messenger_tears_of_joy:
i completed both games and played RDR2 a lot more then TLOU2 and without a doubt TLOU2 looks better in many ways and that's pretty much common thing for 2 major studios ones game will look better if it's not multi title and not open world(vs open world).

i think you don't get it why i'm picking 2 best aspects of TLOU2 because they're unmatched by any game i could say TLOU2 looks better then most games in any category but that would be controversial thing to say like you saying about RDR2 but those 2 aspects of TLOU2 aren't. prove me wrong!

Top 3 hard to say i don't have PS5 yet but looking from videos/gameplay:
1) Demon Souls
2) Last of us part 2
3) Spider-man / Spider-man MM

anyway we should stop derailing this thread to oblivion or go elsewhere to discuss.
Rdr2 on my pc beats tlou2 in terms of visuals by a large margin. Not just still pictures, but especially in motion. High framerate, higher draw distance, using effects that are missing in tlou2, better lighting, etc. I'm sorry, but I don't need to play the game fully to come to that conclusion. I haven't completed all of RDR2 either, so there's that.

You have your opinion and I have mine about the two. But objectively speaking, rdr2 is a much more complex game graphically, and there's a reason most people agree with that, from an objective standpoint. There's a multitude of features it implements, that consoles cannot render.

Those are the top three visually appealing games on ps5. You are not wrong by saying that. But I'm talking about in GENERAL. Not just specific to Sony. Those 3 are NOT the best looking games in general.

Darius87

Rdr2 on my pc beats tlou2 in terms of visuals by a large margin. Not just still pictures, but especially in motion. High framerate, higher draw distance, using effects that are missing in tlou2, better lighting, etc. I'm sorry, but I don't need to play the game fully to come to that conclusion. I haven't completed all of RDR2 either, so there's that.
motion/framerate yes character models, animations hell no, lightning everything else is subjective
how in the hell you know what's missing in TLOU2 you barely even played the game?
at this point i doubt you even more do you even have PS4? or you just straight up lying?

You have your opinion and I have mine about the two. But objectively speaking, rdr2 is a much more complex game graphically, and there's a reason most people agree with that, from an objective standpoint. There's a multitude of features it implements, that consoles cannot render.
what people? your imaginary friends? or fake industry veterans? or people like you who can't even finish the game?
features like what?

Those are the top three visually appealing games on ps5. You are not wrong by saying that. But I'm talking about in GENERAL. Not just specific to Sony. Those 3 are NOT the best looking games in general.
yes in general terms there's no game that looks better then DS at this moment and there's a reason most people agree with that, from an objective standpoint
if your best example is RDR2 then i'm sorry all games i've mentioned beats it that's speaking from an objective standpoint.
try harder next time 🤡

motion/framerate yes character models, animations hell no, lightning everything else is subjective
how in the hell you know what's missing in TLOU2 you barely even played the game?
at this point i doubt you even more do you even have PS4? or you just straight up lying?

what people? your imaginary friends? or fake industry veterans? or people like you who can't even finish the game?
features like what?

yes in general terms there's no game that looks better then DS at this moment and there's a reason most people agree with that, from an objective standpoint
if your best example is RDR2 then i'm sorry all games i've mentioned beats it that's speaking from an objective standpoint.
try harder next time 🤡
Oh man, you sound upset and super triggered that RDR2 is superior graphically. I can't imagine getting upset over facts. You even resort to name calling, and claiming that I'm lying 😂! That's how you know you've lost the argument, especially if you need to attack the poster, and can't attack the argument! Try harder next time.

Even GAF agrees.

Who thinks demon souls is the best game graphically?! I haven't heard any reviewers, tech enthusiasts, etc, say that. You got any links or sources? Maybe the best looking game on ps5, sure, but definitely not best looking game on any platform. I must have struck a nerve for you to be so upset. Its not the end of the world there buddy, just try and cope instead of seething.

CuNi

Gold Member
Oh man, you sound upset and super triggered that RDR2 is superior graphically. I can't imagine getting upset over facts. You even resort to name calling, and claiming that I'm lying 😂! That's how you know you've lost the argument, especially if you need to attack the poster, and can't attack the argument! Try harder next time.

Even GAF agrees.

Who thinks demon souls is the best game graphically?! I haven't heard any reviewers, tech enthusiasts, etc, say that. You got any links or sources? Maybe the best looking game on ps5, sure, but definitely not best looking game on any platform. I must have struck a nerve for you to be so upset. Its not the end of the world there buddy, just try and cope instead of seething.

Dude, leave him alone.
At this point, I'm 100% sure that he simply won't survive accepting facts that his ps5 isn't the strongest piece of hardware on the world and that ps5 games aren't the technically most advanced games on the market.

I'm all for all lifes matter, which is why we should respect his bubble and echo chamber lifestyle and just move on. Any more and he'll die of a aneurysm or something like that.

John Wick

runs better of course but still no game on PC to match animations or character models of tlou2 the sooner you understand that Tflops doesn't make games look good the talent does the sooner you transition to acceptance stage and let's hope your anger will dissapear.
If ND made a game with PC as base spec it would be a no contest. You know TLOU2 was in a league of its own overall.

John Wick

Just like some devs releases higher res texture packs on pc games, Crytek or Ubi could release higher assets chars, but they don't because budget, time, or whatever reason that is not lack of talent.
It is pathetic to the rendering aspect as rendering a tiny world at 30fps in TLOU2 is much easier than rendering an entire universe while keeping the char high quality at high fps in SC. That is why a weak PS4 can render TLOU2 and the most powerfull PCs farts to render SC.
Hahaha! Rendering the entire universe? On what? 20gb ram? No SC isn't rendering the entire universe but just about the next 40 secs of gameplay or so.

Darius87

what facts? your wet farts? i'm not try to win anything in here neither i'm attacking or insulting you i'm using same words like you do about 'objectivity'.

Even GAF agrees.
mixed reactions like i said everything else is subjective apart char models and animation.

neither they say that about any other game for now it is best looking game is ok to disagree but show me better looking game rather just say it's not.

Dude, leave him alone.
At this point, I'm 100% sure that he simply won't survive accepting facts that his ps5 isn't the strongest piece of hardware on the world and that ps5 games aren't the technically most advanced games on the market.

I'm all for all lifes matter, which is why we should respect his bubble and echo chamber lifestyle and just move on. Any more and he'll die of a aneurysm or something like that.

you don't need to hide behind other troll back to try insult me, be a man not coward respond to me i'm not even own PS5 i've never said it's strongest HW and games doesn't have to be 'most advanced' to look best.

S0ULZB0URNE

Series X and PS5 render 1440p drs to 4k for RT being possible. Add to that, RT in that game for consoles has an internal res of 1080p, and a lot of compromises were to be made on consoles.
Yes, he says it uses drs to a minimum of 1440p for rt being possible, albeit on light scenes/scenarios it is native 4k. But even that, it has compromises. My point is that this synthetic benchs doesnt translate into game performance, at least not now.
tenor.gif

Last edited:

CuNi

Gold Member
PC dev kits not gaming PC's.

These games don't play on gaming PC's they are exclusives.
PC has no noteworthy exclusives coming....

ImpressiveElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

Not for you at least. "good games" are subjective. For me, no game on ps5 is appealing to me of any sorts. Only reason I have a ps3 was kingdom hearts collection and so was ps4. Literally the kh 1.5 and 2.5 plus KH3 are the only games I own on that console.

For me, even modded Minecraft has more replay value and fun than most console and multiplat games.

Your argument is worth nothing because you try to win a argument about something subjective.

You can say that in your opinion tlou2, gow or any other ps4/5 game is looking best. But for me, that cell shaded look of world of warcraft is still one of the best looking games so far. You can't change my mind and I can't change yours.

The only fact it, PCs are used to develop your console games. PCs are and have to be stronger than the release target, else it would be hell to play test or debug.
Yes, PCs aren't as optimized and well programmed to squeeze out every frame of performance as consoles are, and yet they still deliver higher FPS, better quality settings and higher resolution. Those are facts. You can't argue against that. 🤷‍♂️

Not for you at least. "good games" are subjective. For me, no game on ps5 is appealing to me of any sorts. Only reason I have a ps3 was kingdom hearts collection and so was ps4. Literally the kh 1.5 and 2.5 plus KH3 are the only games I own on that console.

For me, even modded Minecraft has more replay value and fun than most console and multiplat games.

Your argument is worth nothing because you try to win a argument about something subjective.

You can say that in your opinion tlou2, gow or any other ps4/5 game is looking best. But for me, that cell shaded look of world of warcraft is still one of the best looking games so far. You can't change my mind and I can't change yours.

The only fact it, PCs are used to develop your console games. PCs are and have to be stronger than the release target, else it would be hell to play test or debug.
Yes, PCs aren't as optimized and well programmed to squeeze out every frame of performance as consoles are, and yet they still deliver higher FPS, better quality settings and higher resolution. Those are facts. You can't argue against that. 🤷‍♂️
Amen to that bro. Gotta school these console warriors since they are barking up the wrong tree. I never understood why they can't just enjoy their console-quality games, but instead wanna start shit with the big boys.

S0ULZB0URNE

That spin doesn't work.
Things are subjective but PS having high scoring/selling exclusives unlike the PC isn't.

PS5 will have more higher rated/awarded/talked about exclusives than the PC this generation.

It's exclusives will also get more praise for visuals than the PC this generation.

Again dev kits not gaming PC's make PS5 games.

Unfortunately 3rd party games could be hampered by dated PC still supporting 5400 RPM HDD's.

🤬

That spin doesn't work.
Things are subjective but PS having high scoring/selling exclusives unlike the PC isn't.

PS5 will have more higher rated/awarded/talked about exclusives than the PC this generation.

It's exclusives will also get more praise for visuals than the PC this generation.

Again dev kits not gaming PC's make PS5 games.

Unfortunately 3rd party games could be hampered by dated PC still supporting 5400 RPM HDD's.

🤬
5400 was a console speed for hdd's, and some are using them still on ps5 via external. PC mostly had 7200rpm, like 10 years ago of course. But of course you'll try and spin anything.

Lol at PC, not dev kits. Poor console warrior doesn't know any better.

Last edited:

magaman

Banned

Where I did say that the entire game is being rendered at once? point me pls. Sure the PS4 can run SC exactly how it is. For start, try to run SC on an HDD and see for yourself what happens.

Lmfao. SC doesn't have better character models than TLOU2. This is fucking hilarious.

RedVIper

Banned
That spin doesn't work.

Are you retarded? Consoles do have higher budget AAA setpiece focused games.

But to claim that PC doesn't have high scoring and well selling exclusives is really approaching mentally challenged levels of stupidity.

magaman

Banned

But to claim that PC doesn't have high scoring and well selling exclusives is really approaching mentally challenged levels of stupidity.

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of him to say. Consoles have some big budget exclusives. So does PC. Consoles have some great games. So does PC.

PC has entire genres that consoles just don't have - RTS, proper MMOs, to name a few.

Consoles cater to the simple-minded crowd. Let them have their 4k (finally) and 60fps (finally). Let them enjoy the benefits of a SSD (finally). It's sloppy seconds for the PC crowd, as this stuff is literally a decade old :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of him to say. Consoles have some big budget exclusives. So does PC. Consoles have some great games. So does PC.

PC has entire genres that consoles just don't have - RTS, proper MMOs, to name a few.

Consoles cater to the simple-minded crowd. Let them have their 4k (finally) and 60fps (finally). Let them enjoy the benefits of a SSD (finally). It's sloppy seconds for the PC crowd, as this stuff is literally a decade old :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Can I tag those special minions like Azurro Azurro ? Apparently they haven't learned their lesson yet. Let me know when you have taken enough. I'll stop tagging you now, since you have been schooled several times now.

magaman

Banned
Can I tag those special minions like Azurro Azurro ? Apparently they haven't learned their lesson yet. Let me know when you have taken enough. I'll stop tagging you now, since you have been schooled several times now.

These next gen consoles are basically like neutered Rottweilers. They're trying to be a big dog, but their balls are gone. They're PCs, basically, but without components that really encapsulate the magic of a PC.

It baffles me how people can validate a console over a PC or even a gaming laptop. You can literally play Steam PC from your couch with a controller. You can play VR in its best possible setting. You can use it to create, and destroy. You can build you own.

And then you can play online for free.

It's stupid.

These next gen consoles are basically like neutered Rottweilers. They're trying to be a big dog, but their balls are gone. They're PCs, basically, but without components that really encapsulate the magic of a PC.

It baffles me how people can validate a console over a PC or even a gaming laptop. You can literally play Steam PC from your couch with a controller. You can play VR in its best possible setting. You can use it to create, and destroy. You can build you own.

And then you can play online for free.

It's stupid.
When people have brand loyalty, is when innovation stops. They have loved under 30 fps for too many years, now they embrace sub 60fps. S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE thinks every PC gamer uses HDD for main drive, and he's obviously frozen in the year 2010. Darius87 Darius87 is probably even further behind, as he thinks PC is obsolete, and consoles are more efficient (fucking 😂). Azurro Azurro is just a lost console warrior, who doesn't realize how much better PC is than playing cyberpunk 2077 at low resolution, low framerate, low textures, low everything. I hate to call these guys out, but they have asked for it.

magaman

Banned
When people have brand loyalty, is when innovation stops. They have loved under 30 fps for too many years, now they embrace sub 60fps. S0ULZB0URNE S0ULZB0URNE thinks every PC gamer uses HDD for main drive, and he's obviously frozen in the year 2010. Darius87 Darius87 is probably even further behind, as he thinks PC is obsolete, and consoles are more efficient (fucking 😂). Azurro Azurro is just a lost console warrior, who doesn't realize how much better PC is than playing cyberpunk 2077 at low resolution, low framerate, low textures, low everything. I hate to call these guys out, but they have asked for it.

I can say that one thing consoles are doing that will ultimately jeopardize the industry is accept and embrace "Netflix"-style GamePass sub services.

Does anyone remember horse armor from Oblivion? DLC started off harmless enough. But then console gamers ate it up and it turned into a movement. Instead of expansion packs (DLC for PC), we started paying $10 for a multiplayer map. So we're clear: console gamers did this.

GamePass may seem like a good deal, but when you break it down, it really isn't. You're paying $10 or more a month, every month, for a few great games, a few good games, and a ton of throwaway games. Devs make less money because of the way payments are structured. The only ones making fat money off the service is MS. You don't own the games - it's a glorified rental service. Games are becoming transient - MS doesn't want you playing the same game for 3 years. They want you moving on to get that next hit - like a gambling addict.

They're creating an ecosystem that encourages you to stay in - no need to explore other options. Stay with MS where it's safe. And if you do leave the MS family by ending your subscription, your entire library is gone. Whoops!

And console gamers eat it up.

Vick

Gold Member
Ah yes. The IQ at 4k, AA, AF, AO, framerate, GI, shadows look all much better.
Indeed.

PBjxfvw.png

AEPkX88.png

ivgfhFm.png

S1JqBe9.png

qW2BocT.png

V6aNZZM.png

HLNUpAr.png

r8ofjlo.png

AO34MPX.png

1p2jYng.png

RlLruEV.png

GJez0J5.png

1dzM3Ur.png

8IVE7eD.png

3HPfFy8.png

HUM5cx8.png

1MEYWXe.png

fnpeUoI.png

La1GMsL.png

ZYj0y9m.png

mSLedOl.png

3bb870P.png

T6mH5a7.png

J2nMzMp.png

x6PP990.png

iF27wU5.png

lJtawpC.png

As for the AO, time-stamped:

But please, keep pretending games from 2013 consoles don't look like this already..

16UFzQD.jpg

UXwO3uY.jpg

fHtHQAb.jpg

zPMgxWU.jpg

LDS79Eu.jpg

uLEG0It.jpg

TPGO62U.png

GEhgO0t.png

LOUySNg.png

orAf8wC.png

oF2q9eq.png

PgdIo5B.png

MPjZtlW.png

Eou4hvh.png

LZxkVUS.png

ylkGrof.png

DlHld5h.png

98GiByl.png

TO5Bxyf.png

j8Jim9b.png

Or that lots of PC gamers like myself aren't constantly impressed by what these teams are able to pull off on limited hardware.. we should all give the impression of being tiny penis insecure snowflaxes like certain users above me, afterall.

It's so nice to know I'm living rent free in your head. ;)

That minion joke really got under your skin, didn't it?
Nah buddy, just calling out your ridiculous claims. One more day for that cyberpunk 2077 to drop! Can you imagine being a console warrior thinking these next gen games will look anything like PC high end version? Comparisons coming soon 💪 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Azurro

Banned
Nah buddy, just calling out your ridiculous claims. One more day for that cyberpunk 2077 to drop! Can you imagine being a console warrior thinking these next gen games will look anything like PC high end version? Comparisons coming soon 💪 :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Oh, I'm not getting Cyberpunk, I don't like first person games. Enjoy though, if you can find a few hours of not thinking about me. :)

Oh, I'm not getting Cyberpunk, I don't like first person games. Enjoy though, if you can find a few hours of not thinking about me. :)
I'll still be thinking about you with every comparison in the future. Let me know if you'd like me to tag you in them, just reiterate that point even more. 😘

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Indeed.

PBjxfvw.png

AEPkX88.png

ivgfhFm.png

S1JqBe9.png

qW2BocT.png

V6aNZZM.png

HLNUpAr.png

r8ofjlo.png

AO34MPX.png

1p2jYng.png

RlLruEV.png

GJez0J5.png

1dzM3Ur.png

8IVE7eD.png

3HPfFy8.png

HUM5cx8.png

1MEYWXe.png

fnpeUoI.png

La1GMsL.png

ZYj0y9m.png

mSLedOl.png

3bb870P.png

T6mH5a7.png

J2nMzMp.png

x6PP990.png

iF27wU5.png

lJtawpC.png

As for the AO, time-stamped:

But please, keep pretending games from 2013 consoles don't look like this already..

16UFzQD.jpg

UXwO3uY.jpg

fHtHQAb.jpg

zPMgxWU.jpg

LDS79Eu.jpg

uLEG0It.jpg

TPGO62U.png

GEhgO0t.png

LOUySNg.png

orAf8wC.png

oF2q9eq.png

PgdIo5B.png

MPjZtlW.png

Eou4hvh.png

LZxkVUS.png

ylkGrof.png

DlHld5h.png

98GiByl.png

TO5Bxyf.png

j8Jim9b.png

Or that lots of PC gamers like myself aren't constantly impressed by what these teams are able to pull off on limited hardware.. we should all give the impression of being tiny penis insecure snowflaxes like certain users above me, afterall.

I am not seeing any VXAO or even HBAO+ there. Or MSAA. Or PCSS shadows, Or anything that devs did not do thanks to pc tech there and only at pathetic 30fps. What is impressive is what devs could be doing without being limited by a pc hardware so weak. And this includes PS5/XSX with their weak RT hardware.

Last edited:

quest

Not Banned from OT
I can say that one thing consoles are doing that will ultimately jeopardize the industry is accept and embrace "Netflix"-style GamePass sub services.

Does anyone remember horse armor from Oblivion? DLC started off harmless enough. But then console gamers ate it up and it turned into a movement. Instead of expansion packs (DLC for PC), we started paying $10 for a multiplayer map. So we're clear: console gamers did this.

GamePass may seem like a good deal, but when you break it down, it really isn't. You're paying $10 or more a month, every month, for a few great games, a few good games, and a ton of throwaway games. Devs make less money because of the way payments are structured. The only ones making fat money off the service is MS. You don't own the games - it's a glorified rental service. Games are becoming transient - MS doesn't want you playing the same game for 3 years. They want you moving on to get that next hit - like a gambling addict.

They're creating an ecosystem that encourages you to stay in - no need to explore other options. Stay with MS where it's safe. And if you do leave the MS family by ending your subscription, your entire library is gone. Whoops!

And console gamers eat it up.
Who is paying 10 dollars a month? It is like PC gaming there is sales all the time on gamepass. I got ultimate at 100 dollars a year that includes gold. I get gold, ea pass basic and gamepass for a 80 a year not bad at all.

Vick

Gold Member
I am not seeing any VXAO or even HBAO+ there.
You think The Last of Us 2 is using SSAO, like Uncharted 2 eleven years ago? No one knows which solution ND is currently using, feel free to do your researches, and they bothered to implement something unique in addition to it like that DF segment is showing. Pretty impressive on top of that GI, those characters and those animations all running on a 2013 laptop, right?

Why on Earth would they use MSAA, like they did in 2009 with Uncharted 2, instead of their flawless temporal implementation used since Uncharted 4 in 2016 on base PS4? There's no aliasing whatsoever in these games, so if anything this is a matter of IQ now, which i haven't contested.

Or PCSS shadows
Don't remember highlighting shadows neither.. however:

RcKxA8j.jpg

CGkuqmV.jpg

PCx0If5.jpg

and only at pathetic 30fps.
True. Ironically though, they are all 60fps now except for Uncharted 4, which was 60fps in it's multiplayer, and TLoUII which should receive a patch soon.

What is impressive is what devs could be doing without being limited by a pc hardware so weak.
Absolutely true.

And this includes PS5/XSX with their weak RT hardware.

Oh, tech demos.. we haven't seen anything on these Consoles yet.
But i'd say Spider-Man raytracing, for a launch title, looks pretty impressive already.

marvelsspider-manremaxmkdt.png

marvelsspider-manremaibjd8.png

Rax9m2v.jpg

U8vsANH.jpg

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
You think The Last of Us 2 is using SSAO, like Uncharted 2 eleven years ago? No one knows which solution ND is currently using, feel free to do your researches, and they bothered to implement something unique in addition to it like that DF segment is showing. Pretty impressive on top of that GI, those characters and those animations all running on a 2013 laptop, right?

Why on Earth would they use MSAA, like they did in 2009 with Uncharted 2, instead of their flawless temporal implementation used since Uncharted 4 in 2016 on base PS4? There's no aliasing whatsoever in these games, so if anything this is a matter of IQ now, which i haven't contested.

Don't remember highlighting shadows neither.. however:

RcKxA8j.jpg

CGkuqmV.jpg

PCx0If5.jpg

True. Ironically though, they are all 60fps now except for Uncharted 4, which was 60fps in it's multiplayer, and TLoUII which should receive a patch soon.

Absolutely true.

Oh, tech demos.. we haven't seen anything on these Consoles yet.
But i'd say Spider-Man raytracing, for a launch title, looks pretty impressive already.

marvelsspider-manremaxmkdt.png

marvelsspider-manremaibjd8.png

Rax9m2v.jpg

U8vsANH.jpg

Everything on those screens could be much better if not limited by the weak AMD APU. Not sure what is your point.

Spiderman is only doing ray tracing for reflections. Again not sure what is the point as the first video is about a playable game.

Last edited:

Vick

Gold Member
Everything on those screens could be much better if not limited by the weak AMD APU.
Absolutely.

Not sure what is your point.
The point is to be extremely careful with this elitist attitude because it might end up biting hard on your ass as the Gen goes on.
But do as you please.

Spiderman is only doing ray tracing for reflections.
True, but:

Again not sure what is the point as the first video is about a playable game.
Again, the point is that posting raytracing and photogrammetry tech demos against oldgen playable dynamic free roams is kinda silly.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Absolutely.

The point is to be extremely careful with this elitist attitude because it might end up biting hard on your ass as the Gen goes on.
But do as you please.

True, but:

Again, the point is that posting raytracing and photogrammetry tech demos against oldgen playable dynamic free roams is kinda silly.
Which part of "the first video is not a tech demo" did you not understand?

S0ULZB0URNE

5400 was a console speed for hdd's, and some are using them still on ps5 via external. PC mostly had 7200rpm, like 10 years ago of course. But of course you'll try and spin anything.

Lol at PC, not dev kits. Poor console warrior doesn't know any better.

Are you really that clueless that you think constantly saying the same bs will all of a sudden make it not bs?
PS5 games aren't programed for 5400RPM HDD's like the PC.
PS5 wins.

Retarded is never having a answer and choosing to spin instead.

Who cares about budgets or however PS5 will achieve better rated,more awarded,more talked about,higher selling or most visually impressive games....this gen?

PC has nothing coming exclusively that can touch PS5 or is noteworthy.

Top Bottom