• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Performance Test(GigaPixels/s): PS5 outperforms RTX 2080 by a wide margin under heavy load

So you still have nothing. Ok, noted. So it's perfectly fine for someone to spend 500 on a ps5, buying higher priced games compared to PC games, and to actually pay for an online subscription to be able to use cloud saves. But it's NOT ok to pay less money for a gpu in the same year, 2020? Do you not see where your "argument" completely falls apart? You will not speak on the 3060 TI being a "decent" gpu, yet it is the weakest GPU Nvidia sells in its recent lineup (ps5 is Sony's most recent in the PlayStation line up). And yet, it beats the ps5 and being $100 cheaper. Maybe it's not decent, but a GREAT upgrade for several people.

Can you please tell me why you are forbidden to speak on the 3060 ti argument I've brought up? Instead you continually try to say I'm opinionated, biased, *random attacks*, etc.

At this point this is my 4th and final time asking you about the performance and price difference between a 3060ti and ps5.
You could have just said you don't have a single clue, instead of trying to still pain a bad picture of me.

Your arguments have been exposed and reduced to babbling nonsense given their trolling nature when exposed under the sun. Reduced to making shit up on the fly and crying “believe me”. Obviously instead of taking a step back you’ve doubled down as expected in order to save the illusion of "prestige" you believe your account has (after all that work on that post count :messenger_grinning_squinting:). Defend thy trolling honor. The meltdown now growing as big as your font size. Make it bigger and bolder on the next reply …. only then I can begin to take you really serious.

Now you’ve gone to the trash bin and dug up a strawman to argue with yourself in self-impotent rage. Where have I said anywhere in my posts that a 3060ti is not a decent PC card? Or denied such? Now….like all trolls you’ve tried to laid the bait to get me to “say it”, “bite it” but I haven’t. After a few exchanges calling out your trolling with no bite you’ve become extremely desperate for it... cause you need it. So much so that you’ve gone ahead and made the strawman in absence of the explicit “gotcha moment” because there is nothing left for you other than upping the font size. If you can find an instance where I explicitly stated that the 3060ti is not a decent PC card quote it here. But you can’t and you won’t. Cause I never said such thing. Grasping at straws is the saying. Here is what you argued about, and what I responded to (don’t play dumb):
Can you show me where ps5 looks better and runs better than a decent gaming PC or a high end PC? Even something with the lowest end Nvidia 3060 ti gpu for instance, if you know where I'm going with this. I'll be waiting for your triggered response yet again.

Also I'll be playing over 60fps with raytracing and ultra settings on MY PC. No need to be upset. Wonder how many will be installing to HDD on ps5 for cyberpunk tomorrow.
Which I replied with:
Depends on what you define as a "decent gaming PC." ....... Anyway I'm really excited and looking forward to you providing empirical data on what a decent gaming PC looks like in 2020. Obviously you can't use your opinion as a measurement of objectivity. Otherwise why even bother?
Needless to say there are a great deal of PC rig combos/cards that the PS5 appears to outperform or match in early/preliminary benchmarks/games (depending on the test type/game). Which is to say you selectively picked a graphics card you could tree hug and felt comfortably safe in making a bad faith argument with, while through obvious omission failing to include the multitude of potential examples that don’t fit that narrative. All of that in order to downplay PS5 hardware and troll other users, and score some PCMR superiority points while in actuality it's just a reaction to feeling threatened by PS5/and their fans. Not everyone’s a child that can’t see through your basic bullshit. But you know, you’ve to be patient with a troll… I could have just named a bunch of cards out there but that would be too easy a route for the conversation to turn into an opinionated “my opinion is better than yours” slug fest – easy escape for a versed troll used to squeaking through the cracks. Here is why I asked for data (of which you avoided for obvious reason) instead of your trolling opinion:

Steam Hardware Survey (July-November 2020) - Here!

This is the best data on the subject that I'm aware of (brought to my attention once by another PCMR - it backfired then too). And what does that Data says? Data don't lie now does it?

GPU: PS5 in gaming performance (and other benchmarks as in the thread topic) has been seen to potentially go as far high as matching performance of that of an RTX 2080 or 2080 Super (obviously performance bound to go higher the more developers learn to/make use of the PS5 hardware). Using that as an early ceiling:

Roughly ONLY 2% of PC Gamers as of November 2020 own a graphics card that comfortably exceeds PS5's early observed ceiling performance. That make up comes from RTX 3000 series cards (paper launch) at 0.32%, non-existant Radeon 6800 series and 0.82% for the RTX 2080ti. That is to say the PS5 matches or is superior in gaming performance to 98% of PC cards out there - say with a margin of error of at most 2% pts. Lets say that number improves by years end of 2021? Looking at the slow rate of adoption of previous cards shows that PC gamers upgrade at a snail-like pace (more so given the high costs today - not everyone can shell out $1000). So to be generous that will only improve to about a potential max of 4-5% "exceeding" the PS5 by years end of 2021. Not to mention of the millions of PS5's that will be out there aka the sales disparity that will exist between consoles and these cards.

CPU:
89.29%
of PC gamers don’t own an 8 core CPU as of November 2020. That is to say ONLY 9.81% of PC gamers have an equivalent CPU that appears to match PS5's CPU. And ONLY 0.90% exceed it. Only 23.32% of the Intel CPU’s are clocked at roughly matching or exceeding PS5's GPU clock speed - give or take. And obviously performance varies – that is to say, for gaming related output the PS5 CPU will outperform a great deal of those CPU’s that “match it” within than 9.81%, on average, shrinking that number lower.

RAM:
43.24 % of PC gamers do not have more RAM on their Gaming PC's than what’s found on PS5. Not to mention the nature of bottlenecked performance on PC architecture (but that's another topic).

Display Resolution:

Only 10.28% have displays that can output 1440p (8%) or 4K (2.25%) resolutions. That is not performance however. Not to be confused.

Hard Drive:

I think it's funny Steam doesn't poll this (or maybe they did but no longer do :messenger_winking: - homework for the inclined). Looking at the data above to get an overall picture, how many PC gamers own an SSD that can even match or exceed PS5's data throughput without getting bottlenocked? Or just by sheer brute force strength outdo the PS5... or whatever fairytale PCMRs tell themselves to cope....when Direct Storage is not even out yet? :messenger_savoring: Or are we gonna bring the "more RAM" argument to the mix? Checked on that RAM data of those numbers exceeding 16 GBs yet? :messenger_neutral:

I'm gonna provide the data point for the lack of data anyway as it's not needed here. 0.1% including accounting for margin of error.
=============================================================================

So we come to the obvious conclusion of the saga. The PS5 matches or outperforms roughly 97-98% of PC gaming rigs out there today. And for 2021 - roughly 95-96%. And that will spill over into 2022.

The obvious trolling thus surfaces under the microscope. Do you mean to tells us with a straight face that only 2% of PC gamers have "Decent gaming PC's"? Ohh wait you did imply that like obnoxious 1%er troll.

You mean to tell us that only the 3060ti floor and upwards counts? You mean to tell us that someone with an RTX 2070 super or 2060 or 5800 doesn't have a "decent gaming PC"? That making rigs around those cards don't cost around 1 thousand? Or that you need those cards, and matching components to hope to match/keep up with a PS5 out the gate in gaming performance - with future performance favoring PS5? That even those cards are not what the majority of PC gamers use to play with?

How low does the bar for stupidity and retardation has to reach? Now if I were a troll I would crash on all of the PCMR dumbies on GAF whenever they make similar stupid arguments on the subject flashing their superiority e-penis and in doing so taking a dump on the circle jerks to crash the illusions of grandeur but I don't. You simply can't fix stupid - and I'm not in that business.

Somehow the data got worse since the last time I looked at it relative to PS5's "surprising™" performance... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:.

What sort of fairyland alternate reality the pretend PCMR's are living-in in 2020? 2080's weren't high end just months ago? What happened? I can tell you what happened.... the PS5 released, its performance is "surprising™" and as a result coping mechanisms are failing all over the place everywhere you look cause folks (with particular tribal self-identification - not just PCMRs) can't stand it.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Not to mention, with regards to that 3060ti... that MSRP price tag doesn't include a CPU/PSU/Case/Motherboard/OS/Keyboard/Mouse/RAM/NVMe 4.0 drive etc. All of the sudden that "budget" card ain't so budget or "low-end™"now is it? Cause it can't run on itself now can it? Doesn't it look like a high-end PC price tag when the cart goes through full checkout with all the other components accounted for? What are we looking at? 1 grand least? Or has the bar on exuberance pricing been raised so high among whales in PCMR circles? Sure it's a decent card..... that needs a decent system to run - I won't argue that. Not to mention, the book is out on performance of that card as the gen progresses vs. a PS5. Surprises are coming™. :messenger_savoring:

As for the HDD nonsense...again.....:messenger_dizzy:

“Hundreds of thousands” in tales out of your behind will be storing Cyberpunk on an HDD on PS5 because “believe me”. Funny about no explicit rounded value - vague figure and open-ended for effect and maximum gain. Never mind the proportions in percentages relative to install base, relative to the sales of the game vs. install base or any other common sense guide. Never mind the fact that the functionality isn’t there to begin with and “I’m just talking bullocks while ignorant to the fact” or that given the options for external storage it’s more probable that internal SSD’s will be a more popular choice, and down from that, a choice of external SSD vs. HDD which narrows the percentage proportions even further – to the point of statistical irrelevance. Or that your average gamer will not be running into any usage habits that would ever necessitate an external drive (which doesn’t automatically means HDD is the choice) and that simple drive management (deleting games) will be the predominant practice for those that do run into the limit. I could go on and on but I’ve said enough already with previous posts. That point originated as nonsensical trolling to downplay a perceived slight on PCMR’s shin. But…but….”I’ll double down on stupid cause I’m a bright fella…. and I can get away with it" "I’m always right, even when it’s obvious trolling”. “As long as I keep replying ad-infinitum with spins and strawmans to the point of exhaustion I’ll be okay”. You keep at it champ. Maybe some day the forum will get the font size limit upped in recognition of your meltdowns.

Now go lick your wounds and reflect on the stupidity aka take the L graciously. Or, alternatively, spin a response and continue to make a mess of yourself here. Over and out!

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Your arguments have been exposed and reduced to babbling nonsense given their trolling nature when exposed under the sun. Reduced to making shit up on the fly and crying “believe me”. Obviously instead of taking a step back you’ve doubled down as expected in order to save the illusion of "prestige" you believe your account has (after all that work on that post count :messenger_grinning_squinting:). Defend thy trolling honor. The meltdown now growing as big as your font size. Make it bigger and bolder on the next reply …. only then I can begin to take you really serious.

Now you’ve gone to the trash bin and dug up a strawman to argue with yourself in self-impotent rage. Where have I said anywhere in my posts that a 3060ti is not a decent PC card? Or denied such? Now….like all trolls you’ve tried to laid the bait to get me to “say it”, “bite it” but I haven’t. After a few exchanges calling out your trolling with no bite you’ve become extremely desperate for it... cause you need it. So much so that you’ve gone ahead and made the strawman in absence of the explicit “gotcha moment” because there is nothing left for you other than upping the font size. If you can find an instance where I explicitly stated that the 3060ti is not a decent PC card quote it here. But you can’t and you won’t. Cause I never said such thing. Grasping at straws is the saying. Here is what you argued about, and what I responded to (don’t play dumb):

Which I replied with:

Needless to say there are a great deal of PC rig combos/cards that the PS5 appears to outperform or match in early/preliminary benchmarks/games (depending on the test type/game). Which is to say you selectively picked a card your could tree hug and felt comfortably safe in making a bad faith argument with, while through obvious omission failing to include the multitude of potential examples that don’t fit that narrative. All of that in order to downplay PS5 hardware and troll other users, and score some PCMR superiority points while in actuality it's just a reaction to feeling threatened by PS5/and their fans. Not everyone’s a child that can’t see through your basic bullshit. But you know, you’ve to be patient with a troll… I could have just named a bunch of cards out there but that would be too easy a route for the conversation to turn into an opinionated “my opinion is better than yours” slug fest – easy escape for a versed troll used to squeaking through the cracks. Here is why I asked for data (of which you avoided for obvious reason) instead of your trolling opinion:

This is the best data on the subject that I'm aware of (brought to my attention once by another PCMR - it backfired then too). And what does that Data says? Data don't lie now does it?

GPU: PS5 in gaming performance (and other benchmarks as in the thread topic) has been seen to potentially go as far high as matching performance of that of an RTX 2080 or 2080 Super (obviously bound to go higher the more developers learn to/make use of the hardware). Using that as an early ceiling:

Roughly ONLY 2% of PC Gamers as of November 2020 own a graphics card that comfortably exceeds PS5's early observed ceiling performance. That make up comes from RTX 3000 series card (paper launch) at 0.32%, non-existant Radeon 6800 series and 0.82% for the RTX 2080ti. That is to say the PS5 matches or is superior in gaming performance to 98% of PC cards out there - say with a margin of error of at most 2% pts. Lets say that number improves by years end of 2021? Looking at the slow rate of adoption of previous cards shows that PC gamers upgrade at a snail-like pace (more so given the high costs today - not everyone can shell out $1000). So to be generous that will only improve to about a potential max of 4-5% "exceeding" the PS5 by years end of 2021. Not to mention of the millions of PS5's that will be out there aka the sales disparity that will exist between consoles and these cards.

CPU:
89.29%
of PC gamers don’t own an 8 core CPU as of November 2020. That is to say ONLY 9.81% of PC gamers have an equivalent CPU that appears to match PS5's CPU. And ONLY 0.90% exceed it. Only 23.32% of the Intel CPU’s are clocked at roughly matching or exceeding PS5's GPU clock speed - give or take. And obviously performance varies – that is to say, for gaming related output the PS5 CPU will outperform a great deal of those CPU’s that “match it” within than 9.81%, on average, shrinking that number lower.

RAM:
43.24 % of PC gamers do not have mori RAM on their Gaming PC's than what’s found on PS5. Not to mention the nature of bottlenecked performance on PC architecture (but that's another topic).

Display Resolution:

Only 10.28% have displays that can output 1440p or 4K resolutions. That is not performance however. Not to be confused.

Hard Drive:

I think it's funny Steam doesn't poll this (or maybe they did but no longer do :messenger_winking: - homework for the inclined). Looking at the data above to get an overall picture, how many PC gamers own an SSD that can even match or exceed PS5's data throughput without getting bottlenocked? And just by sheer brute force strength outdo it... or whatever fairytale PCMRs tell themselves to cope....when Direct Storage is not even out yet? :messenger_savoring: Or are we gonna bring the more "RAM" argument to the mix? Checked on that RAM data of those numbers exceeding 16 GBs yet? :messenger_neutral:

I'm gonna provide the data point for the lack of data anyway as it's not needed here. 0.1%, accounting for margin of error.

So we come to the obvious conclusion of the saga. The PS5 matches or outperforms roughly 97-98% of PC gaming rigs out there today. And for 2021 - roughly 95-96%. And that will spill over into 2022.

The obvious trolling thus surfaces under the microscope. Do you mean to tells us with a straight face that only 2% of PC gamers have "Decent gaming PC's"? Ohh wait you did like obnoxious 1%er troll.

You mean to tell us that only the 3060ti floor counts? You mean to tell us that someone with an RTX 2070 super or 2060 or 5800 doesn't have a "decent gaming PC"? That making rigs around those cards don't cost around 1 thousand? Or that that isn't what it takes to hope match a PS5 out the gate - the future favoring PS5?

How low does the bar for stupidity and retardation has to reach? Now if I were a troll I would crash in on any of the PCMR dumbies on GAF whenever they make similar stupid arguments on the subject flashing their superiority e-penis and in doing so taking a dump on the circle jerks to crash the illusions of grandeur but I don't. You simply can't fix stupid - and I'm not in that business.

Somehow the data got worse since the last time I looked at it relative to PS5's "surprising™" performance... :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:.

What sort of fairytale alternate reality the pretend PCMR's are living in 2020? 2080's weren't high end just months ago? What happened? I can tell you what happened.... the PS5 released, its performance is "surprising™" and as a result coping mechanisms are failing all over the place everywhere you look cause folks (with particular tribal self-identification - not just PCMRs) can't stand it.

Not to mention, with regards to that 3060ti... that MSRP price tag doesn't include a CPU/PSU/Case/Motherboard/OS/Keyboard/Mouse/RAM/NVMe 4.0 drive etc. All of the sudden that "budget" card ain't so budget now is it? Cause it can't run on itself now can it? Doesn't it look like a high-end PC price tag when the cart goes through full checkout with all the other components accounted for? What are we looking at? 1 grand? Or has the bar on exuberance pricing been raised so high among whales in PCMR circles? Sure it's a decent card..... that needs a decent system to run - I won't argue that. Not to mention, the book is out on performance of that card as the gen progresses vs. a PS5. :messenger_savoring:

“Hundreds of thousands” in tales out of your behind will be storing Cyberpunk on an HDD on PS5 because “believe me”. Funny about no explicit rounded value - vague figure and open-ended for effect and maximum gain. Never mind the proportions in percentages relative to install base, relative to the sales of the game vs. install base or any other common sense guide. Never mind the fact that the functionality isn’t there to begin with and “I’m just talking bullocks while ignorant to the fact” or that given the options for external storage it’s more probable that internal SSD’s will be a more popular choice, and down from that, a choice of external SSD vs. HDD which narrows the percentage proportions even further – to the point of statistical irrelevance. Or that your average gamer will not be running into any usage habits that would ever necessitate an external drive (which doesn’t automatically means HDD is the choice) and that simple drive management (deleting games) will be the predominant practice for those that do run into the limit. I could go on and on but I’ve said enough already with previous posts. That point originated as nonsensical trolling to downplay a perceived slight on PCMR’s shin. But…but….”I’ll double down on stupid cause I’m a bright fella…. and I can get away with it" "I’m always right, even when it’s obvious trolling”. “As long as I keep replying ad-infinitum with spins and strawmans to the point of exhaustion I’ll be okay”. You keep at it champ. Maybe some day the forum will get the font size limit upped in recognition of your meltdowns.

Now go lick your wounds and reflect on the stupidity aka take the L graciously. Or, alternatively, spin a response and continue to make a mess of yourself here. Over and out!
berneydidnotread.gif

Guilty_AI

Just like the last time. You forgot to read and embarrassed yourself by bringing up that data which, in your ignorance, thought helped you. Stay salty.
Last time? Wrong user mate

But if we're talking about data, on a glimpse you seem to be using a bunch of steam survey numbers. If you're gonna do that, keep in mind steam has 100M active users right now, meaning even a percentage as low as 5% is already refering to around 5 million PC players.
For example, 7% of steam users have a RTX2070 or superior/newer (as high as 11.6% if we include the RTX2060 models), that means around 7 million PC players who are next gen ready. Sure you also need stuff like good CPUs and SSDs, but no one in their right mind buys an RTX card and couples it with an i3. SSDs are also pretty much a standard by now, even middle range gaming PCs have them.

For comparison, thats about thrice the amount of ps5 sold. Meaning there are more PC players with next gen hardware than console players. Just to show you how data can be very misleading

Last edited:
I definitely skipped it as well. These guys are beyond triggered and have to try and justify everything, while switching the goal posts of what a decent computer means. Like how does the lowest end gpu from Nvidia's current lineup have better performance than Mark Cerny machine? I'm opening up the best looking next gen game as we speak! Demon Souls warriors are going crazy after Cyberpunk is the best looking game DF has ever seen. They didn't say that about Demon Souls though. But that's because PC has the hardware advantage.

Iorveth

Banned
Is this is an ironic thread? You guys can't possibly believe all this nonsense about the PS5. No it does not outperform a 3070. It outperforms a 2070 and it does that by running all background animations at 15 fps instead of 60 on PC.

rnlval

Are you really that clueless that you think constantly saying the same bs will all of a sudden make it not bs?
PS5 games aren't programed for 5400RPM HDD's like the PC.
PS5 wins.

Retarded is never having a answer and choosing to spin instead.

Who cares about budgets or however PS5 will achieve better rated,more awarded,more talked about,higher selling or most visually impressive games....this gen?

PC has nothing coming exclusively that can touch PS5 or is noteworthy.
1. Windows 10+Office+Adobe combos on 1 TB 5400 RPM or 7200 RPM HDDs will result in long boot times. This factor is important for laptops.
2. HDD kinetic impact resistance is less than SSD. This factor is important for laptops.
3. Laptop SSD has better management when compared to the 2.5 inch HDD. This factor is important for laptops.

The "PS5 games aren't programmed for 5400RPM HDD's like the PC" statement is BS when PC's latest large games need SSD for minimizing data load glitch.

Last edited:
Last time? Wrong user mate

But if we're talking about data, on a glimpse you seem to be using a bunch of steam survey numbers. If you're gonna do that, keep in mind steam has 100M active users right now, meaning even a percentage as low as 5% is already refering to around 5 million PC players.
For example, 7% of steam users have a RTX2070 or superior/newer (as high as 11.6% if we include the RTX2060 models), that means around 7 million PC players who are next gen ready. Sure you also need stuff like good CPUs and SSDs, but no one in their right mind buys an RTX card and couples it with an i3. SSDs are also pretty much a standard by now, even middle range gaming PCs have them.

For comparison, thats about thrice the amount of ps5 sold. Meaning there are more PC players with next gen hardware than console players. Just to show you how data can be very misleading

Not really no. Receipt.

You do realize Valve has been doing hardware surveys for years right?

Ray tracing ready cards:
+12% users

+16GB RAM
+45% users

1TB storage spaces (similar price as some cost-beneficial SSDs)
50% users

Thats all before new gen even went in, or games utilize new tech properly at all. Also:
"How many have all of those components with some of components of higher performance?",
Answer: +12%.
Because people who build PCs with $300 to $500 videocards will also include other high-end components.
Of course, you can just assume a person who bought an expensive RTX series decided to put only 4GB or RAM or some ultra slow CPU... for some reason. I'll let others decide the likeness of that scenario.

TL;DR > You decided to cut off stuff with slightly worse performance than the consoles that haven't even launched yet, is completely ignoring the obvious fact that very few people will buy the absolutely most powerful hardware when that really isn't used yet for the any of the games we have today, is ignoring the alternatives that exist to compensate for slower SSDs and is still considering the survey unreliable because you decided you knew better than the tech people at valve on how statistics work. And lets not forget we're still basing ourselves on imaginary requirements for imaginary games that we still have no clue about.

But hey, if you need to write an entire essay to justify getting a PS5 for yourself go ahead, whatever makes you feel more confortable. Personally, i'm more than happy with my modest non-master, non-RTX ready PC since most AAA games are a borefest to me anyway.

Lol at you now dismissing the data that you brought up yourself when you thought it was convinient. Back then the expected performance was lower. It was, in your perceived ignorance, a "trump card". You knew damn well the nature of that data then and now... which you tried to pass as representative some months back despite me being apprehensive of that data being truly representative due to it being an optional opt-in survey. Hence why I call it flaw data when I make references to it all the time to make it very clear. Now you're pulling numbers out of your behind by extrapolating wildly.

You really think I would've forgotten? Like I said... Stay salty! You're still clearly hurt.

As for DonJuan... his reply is the best "I'm out" you can hope for considering his outbursts. :messenger_grinning_squinting: I'll take it.

2 for 1 bag.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

Which I replied with:

Needless to say there are a great deal of PC rig combos/cards that the PS5 appears to outperform or match in early/preliminary benchmarks/games (depending on the test type/game). Which is to say you selectively picked a graphics card you could tree hug and felt comfortably safe in making a bad faith argument with, while through obvious omission failing to include the multitude of potential examples that don’t fit that narrative. All of that in order to downplay PS5 hardware and troll other users, and score some PCMR superiority points while in actuality it's just a reaction to feeling threatened by PS5/and their fans. Not everyone’s a child that can’t see through your basic bullshit. But you know, you’ve to be patient with a troll… I could have just named a bunch of cards out there but that would be too easy a route for the conversation to turn into an opinionated “my opinion is better than yours” slug fest – easy escape for a versed troll used to squeaking through the cracks. Here is why I asked for data (of which you avoided for obvious reason) instead of your trolling opinion:

GPU: PS5 in gaming performance (and other benchmarks as in the thread topic) has been seen to potentially go as far high as matching performance of that of an RTX 2080 or 2080 Super (obviously performance bound to go higher the more developers learn to/make use of the PS5 hardware). Using that as an early ceiling:

Roughly ONLY 2% of PC Gamers as of November 2020 own a graphics card that comfortably exceeds PS5's early observed ceiling performance. That make up comes from RTX 3000 series cards (paper launch) at 0.32%, non-existant Radeon 6800 series and 0.82% for the RTX 2080ti. That is to say the PS5 matches or is superior in gaming performance to 98% of PC cards out there - say with a margin of error of at most 2% pts. Lets say that number improves by years end of 2021? Looking at the slow rate of adoption of previous cards shows that PC gamers upgrade at a snail-like pace (more so given the high costs today - not everyone can shell out $1000). So to be generous that will only improve to about a potential max of 4-5% "exceeding" the PS5 by years end of 2021. Not to mention of the millions of PS5's that will be out there aka the sales disparity that will exist between consoles and these cards.

CPU:
89.29%

RAM:
43.24 % of PC gamers do not have more RAM on their Gaming PC's than what’s found on PS5. Not to mention the nature of bottlenecked performance on PC architecture (but that's another topic).

Display Resolution:

Only 10.28% have displays that can output 1440p (8%) or 4K (2.25%) resolutions. That is not performance however. Not to be confused.

Hard Drive:

I think it's funny Steam doesn't poll this (or maybe they did but no longer do :messenger_winking: - homework for the inclined). Looking at the data above to get an overall picture, how many PC gamers own an SSD that can even match or exceed PS5's data throughput without getting bottlenocked? Or just by sheer brute force strength outdo the PS5... or whatever fairytale PCMRs tell themselves to cope....when Direct Storage is not even out yet? :messenger_savoring: Or are we gonna bring the "more RAM" argument to the mix? Checked on that RAM data of those numbers exceeding 16 GBs yet? :messenger_neutral:

I'm gonna provide the data point for the lack of data anyway as it's not needed here. 0.1% including accounting for margin of error.

The obvious trolling thus surfaces under the microscope. Do you mean to tells us with a straight face that only 2% of PC gamers have "Decent gaming PC's"? Ohh wait you did imply that like obnoxious 1%er troll.

You mean to tell us that only the 3060ti floor and upwards counts? You mean to tell us that someone with an RTX 2070 super or 2060 or 5800 doesn't have a "decent gaming PC"? That making rigs around those cards don't cost around 1 thousand? Or that you need those cards, and matching components to hope to match/keep up with a PS5 out the gate in gaming performance - with future performance favoring PS5? That even those cards are not what the majority of PC gamers use to play with?

How low does the bar for stupidity and retardation has to reach? Now if I were a troll I would crash on all of the PCMR dumbies on GAF whenever they make similar stupid arguments on the subject flashing their superiority e-penis and in doing so taking a dump on the circle jerks to crash the illusions of grandeur but I don't. You simply can't fix stupid - and I'm not in that business.

What sort of fairyland alternate reality the pretend PCMR's are living-in in 2020? 2080's weren't high end just months ago? What happened? I can tell you what happened.... the PS5 released, its performance is "surprising™" and as a result coping mechanisms are failing all over the place everywhere you look cause folks (with particular tribal self-identification - not just PCMRs) can't stand it.

Not to mention, with regards to that 3060ti... that MSRP price tag doesn't include a CPU/PSU/Case/Motherboard/OS/Keyboard/Mouse/RAM/NVMe 4.0 drive etc. All of the sudden that "budget" card ain't so budget or "low-end™"now is it? Cause it can't run on itself now can it? Doesn't it look like a high-end PC price tag when the cart goes through full checkout with all the other components accounted for? What are we looking at? 1 grand least? Or has the bar on exuberance pricing been raised so high among whales in PCMR circles? Sure it's a decent card..... that needs a decent system to run - I won't argue that. Not to mention, the book is out on performance of that card as the gen progresses vs. a PS5. Surprises are coming™. :messenger_savoring:

DonJuanSchlong DonJuanSchlong will avoid this

Guilty_AI

Lol at you now dismissing the data when you brought it up yourself when you thought it was convinient. You knew damn well the nature of that data then and now... which you tried to pass it as representative some months back despite me being apprehensive of it being representative due to it being an optional opt-in survey. Hence why I called it flawed data when I make references to it all the time to make it very clear. Now you're pulling numbers out of your behind by extrapolating wildly.

You really think I would've forgotten? Like I said... Stay salty! You're still clearly hurt.

As for DonJuan... his reply is the best "I'm out" you can hope for considering his outburst. :messenger_grinning_squinting: I'll take it.
How is anything i said before going against what i am saying now? Please explain.

But thanks for reminding me you were the guy thinking he knew better than valve how statistics work, now i know the level we're on here, and that it was definitely the right call to not read your essay.

Last edited:

S0ULZB0URNE

How is anything i said before going against what i am saying now? Please explain.

But thanks for reminding me you were the guy thinking he knew better than valve how statistics work, now i know the level we're on here, and that it was definitely the right call to not read your essay.
ShinyDimGreathornedowl-max-1mb.gif

As for DonJuan... his reply is the best "I'm out" you can hope for considering his outburst. :messenger_grinning_squinting: I'll take it.

2 for 1 bag.
Sorry, busy playing the best looking next gen game, only available on PC. I'd read it honestly, but I'm too fucking blown away by the ultra visuals, maxed raytracing, well over 60fps. Holy shit, I wish you could experience what next gen games feel like. Anyways, back to this beautiful game!

Last edited:

Kenpachii

I can lump them all together vs PS5 cause PS5 games aren't made to run on HDD's unlike the PC.
All the others parts of your post are irrelevant to the point.

U can't simple as that. Because i gave you examples why u can't. PC has SSD only games and pretty much any current game that is coming out now has for higher settings SSD requirements. SSD gets more used in PC games then PS5 has games.

As base requirements go up with PC like u see with every new release of hardware moves forwards, with your logic pc would still be setting with integrated graphics as minimum requirement and that simple isn't the case.. Also there is no indication that most pc users aren't already sitting on SSD's that use steam because nothing reports on it ( not even encounting far more PC users then PS5 users on top of it ). However with games taking SSD's more seriously now then ever i can't see why anybody with at least a dedicated gpu in his box doesn't have a SSD as that costs nothing.

Also lets not forget PC has system ram something consoles don't even have. And frankly not a single game on PS5 showcases anything that a PC couldn't do and that's with r&c on top of it. Yet PC showcases every day what a console can't do.

Games use SSD's on PC perfectly fine and some games are even designed around it already for a while + newer games are all addressing SSD's perfectly fine for higher settings because the base line goes up like i explained.

The only thing that's irrelevant is your point.

U can't simple as that. Because i gave you examples why u can't. PC has SSD only games and pretty much any current game that is coming out now has for higher settings SSD requirements. SSD gets more used in PC games then PS5 has games.

As base requirements go up with PC like u see with every new release of hardware moves forwards, with your logic pc would still be setting with integrated graphics as minimum requirement and that simple isn't the case.. Also there is no indication that most pc users aren't already sitting on SSD's that use steam because nothing reports on it ( not even encounting far more PC users then PS5 users on top of it ). However with games taking SSD's more seriously now then ever i can't see why anybody with at least a dedicated gpu in his box doesn't have a SSD as that costs nothing.

Also lets not forget PC has system ram something consoles don't even have. And frankly not a single game on PS5 showcases anything that a PC couldn't do and that's with r&c on top of it. Yet PC showcases every day what a console can't do.

Games use SSD's on PC perfectly fine and some games are even designed around it already for a while + newer games are all addressing SSD's perfectly fine for higher settings because the base line goes up like i explained.

And these warriors are so salty their ps5 isn't as powerful as Cerny proclaimed. They shouldn't fault PC players for that. We just know it's the only place to go if you want the best performance. I'm so glad cyberpunk released after all these years, to reiterate that point even more.

Kenpachii

Which I replied with:

CPU:
89.29%

RAM:

Display Resolution:

Hard Drive:

The problem u got is that u think 1% is little. While in reality it's fucking massive.

Steam survey is based on accounts not active users and even if u take the smaller number its still massive.

Steam Now Has One Billion Accounts (And 90 Million Active Users)Apr 30, 2019

And the market is growing with china entering it massively.

To give you a bit more of a idea. nvidia accounts the PC gamer market to sit at around 1,4 billion users. because they sell every year 40 million dedicated GPU's with large part of it towards gamers. Why do you think they spend a god awful amount of advertisement for them? its money and why do you think they just bought arms for 40b like its nothing. Then we are not even encounting AMD in it. Let's not even look at the CPU market which absolutely curbstomps the gpu market on sales like a ragdoll.

Yet console gamers think there PS5 is somewhat relevant in all of this, yet there most successful exclusives are straight up peanuts for PC juggernauts on player base and money revenue.

And what does the PS5 do? 2-3 million in sales? it's laughable, if you would plump PS5 in that chart it probably wouldn't even show up with those numbers. 2 million is like what market share wise 0,20%? even the 3080 has more sales in a month and that card is a myth.

Also u lack a complete understanding of hardware in general it seems.

CPU: Why need a 8 core cpu when a 6 core cpu stomps that 8 core cpu in those boxes? and then sony reserves a entire core for just the OS with lower clocks with no dedicated memory to boot to have to deal with slow as v-ram modules to transfer data from the cpu to the gpu? while PC uses what 1-3% of a core? but even if we did pick the 8 core number, well i don't have to tell you after what i just told how many those 8 cores actually are. in short utterly curbstomps the PS5 on amounts. AMD focused on the CPU market for a reason. If they keep doing what they are doing they will probably sell more cpu's a year then a console will do in a generation.

GPU: PC gamers upgrade when they need too. when witcher 3 came out PC gamers upgraded there gpu's massively to the point nvidia sold 10 million 970's in a quarter. There is a reason why nvidia sponsors games it makes them bank. There is a reason why they make high end gpus because it makes them bank.

Look at the number of 1060 it has a decline of 0,3% or something just this month and that's not because they just throw there gpu's out of there pc's its because they upgraded because they are still active on steam. now imagine 10% of steam. and then imagine all the other gaming clients people use and combine those with it. It's massive.

Ram: what ram exactly? was not detected on a PS5. unless u mean v-ram but that's gpu related.

harddrive: U do realize PC has system ram that curpstomps the PS5 on levels its not even funny anymore? u do know all the compressing stuff etc the kraken does in the PS5 is simple getting done by a GPU for 1-2% of its gpu performance at best when PC devs give 2 shits about it?

If PC cared for SSD's straight connected towards the GPU. AMD and nvidia would release gpu's with SSD's bolted on it. The same as when the PS4 came out everybody was like OMG this APU system is so superior normal PC's are going extinct. Yet i see no PC manufacturer dropping system ram, or bolting ssd's on gpu's. I wonder why. There you go.

Last edited:

Kholinar

Banned
The problem u got is that u think 1% is little. While in reality it's fucking massive.

Steam survey is based on accounts not active users and even if u take the smaller number its still massive.

And the market is growing with china entering it massively.

To give you a bit more of a idea. nvidia accounts the PC gamer market to sit at around 1,4 billion users. because they sell every year 40 million dedicated GPU's with large part of it towards gamers. Why do you think they spend a god awful amount of advertisement for them? its money and why do you think they just bought arms for 40b like its nothing. Then we are not even encounting AMD in it. Let's not even look at the CPU market which absolutely curbstomps the gpu market on sales like a ragdoll.

Yet console gamers think there PS5 is somewhat relevant in all of this, yet there most successful exclusives are straight up peanuts for PC juggernauts on player base and money revenue.

And what does the PS5 do? 2-3 million in sales? it's laughable, if you would plump PS5 in that chart it probably wouldn't even show up with those numbers. 2 million is like what market share wise 0,20%? even the 3080 has more sales in a month and that card is a myth.

Also u lack a complete understanding of hardware in general it seems.

CPU: Why need a 8 core cpu when a 6 core cpu stomps that 8 core cpu in those boxes? and then sony reserves a entire core for just the OS with lower clocks with no dedicated memory to boot to have to deal with slow as v-ram modules to transfer data from the cpu to the gpu? while PC uses what 1-3% of a core? but even if we did pick the 8 core number, well i don't have to tell you after what i just told how many those 8 cores actually are. in short utterly curbstomps the PS5 on amounts. AMD focused on the CPU market for a reason. If they keep doing what they are doing they will probably sell more cpu's a year then a console will do in a generation.

GPU: PC gamers upgrade when they need too. when witcher 3 came out PC gamers upgraded there gpu's massively to the point nvidia sold 10 million 970's in a quarter. There is a reason why nvidia sponsors games it makes them bank. There is a reason why they make high end gpus because it makes them bank.

Look at the number of 1060 it has a decline of 0,3% or something just this month and that's not because they just throw there gpu's out of there pc's its because they upgraded because they are still active on steam. now imagine 10% of steam. and then imagine all the other gaming clients people use and combine those with it. It's massive.

Ram: what ram exactly? was not detected on a PS5. unless u mean v-ram but that's gpu related.

harddrive: U do realize PC has system ram that curpstomps the PS5 on levels its not even funny anymore? u do know all the compressing stuff etc the kraken does in the PS5 is simple getting done by a GPU for 1-2% of its gpu performance at best when PC devs give 2 shits about it?

If PC cared for SSD's straight connected towards the GPU. AMD and nvidia would release gpu's with SSD's bolted on it. The same as when the PS4 came out everybody was like OMG this APU system is so superior normal PC's are going extinct. Yet i see no PC manufacturer dropping system ram, or bolting ssd's on gpu's. I wonder why. There you go.

This is delusion at its finest. Only 1% of gamers have rigs more powerful than a PS5, and even then the PS5 has its advantages. Most gamers have specs that probably struggle to match a ONE X. You need only look at the cyberpunk spec thread for proof

S0ULZB0URNE

Current and new PC games still run on HDD's.

PS5 games cannot.

Everything else you are saying doesn't change this fact.

Not wasting anymore time in this thread.

sendit

You're incredibly glib. How misinformed can you be? There is a reason why Nvidia and Microsoft are pushing the DirectStorage API. There is a reason why Nvidia highlighted the buzzword RTX I/O. The GPU RAM having a direct pathway to the (skipping system ram) SSD has a massive reduction in latency.

Last edited:
Top Bottom