• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

jacket320

GG. This just killed the future resale price of my Titan XP by a significant chunk.

Never again. Ti all the way forever. Lesson learned. What a kick in the pants...

I guess you could rationalize it by saying it's the price of being an early adopter. This is from the outside looking in, though. If it were me, it would be a tough pill to swallow but I know we all have different 'levels' of acceptable disposable income/risk for resale when it comes to stuff like this.

scoobs

GG. This just killed the future resale price of my Titan XP by a significant chunk.

Never again. Ti all the way forever. Lesson learned. What a kick in the pants...

They've done this 2 times now with the Ti coming out and making the Titan a waste of money... should have known better by now.

Please note: The maximum quantity allowed for the MSGTX1080TIF -- GTX 1080 TI FOUNDERS EDITION is “0”. Please select a smaller quantity.

looks like they shut it down until 10

iswasdoes

Help.

Ive been waiting for this for ages to upgrade my card, and now its here I don't know what to do.

I've not got a 4k tv yet but will likely upgrade this year
Ive got an HTC vive and want the best quality VR there is.

Should I get this or just get a 1080?

laxu

Help.

Ive been waiting for this for ages to upgrade my card, and now its here I don't know what to do.

Sounds like the Ti would be a good choice especially for Vive. The 1080 is just ok for 4K but the Ti will run that quite well.

gdt

Help.

If 4k is a thing for you seems like you want the 1080ti.

If you aren't hopping into 4k till 2018 seems like you can wait till the next round of cards.

Wag

3x 980Ti SLI setup here- game @ 4k/60Hz. Should I hold on to them and wait for Volta or should I sell them and pick up a 1080Ti?

Also- I plan on getting 2 (eventually)- so Founders Edition or aftermarket with better fans?

Cerbero

3x 980Ti SLI setup here- game @ 4k/60Hz. Should I hold on to them and wait for Volta or should I sell them and pick up a 1080Ti?

Also- I plan on getting 2 (eventually)- so Founders Edition or aftermarket with better fans?
What about a custom loop since you're already planning to spend that much cash?

I guess you could rationalize it by saying it's the price of being an early adopter. This is from the outside looking in, though. If it were me, it would be a tough pill to swallow but I know we all have different 'levels' of acceptable disposable income/risk for resale when it comes to stuff like this.

They've done this 2 times now with the Ti coming out and making the Titan a waste of money... should have known better by now.

Yeah it sucks. It was for work which is nice since I didn't technically pay for it but yeah. I guess I didn't realize NVIDIA did it like that. I had the 980 Ti before this (and all AMD before that) but that's cause the price was perfect for what we were looking for.

But yup, patiently waiting for the 1180 Ti now.

Sarcasm

Wait... don't you hang out in Taiwan? They got the good stuff, mon.

Just checked:

Cheapest 1070 is 463 and 1080 is 630.

So yea..I need to update my 670 but I don't know to what. Think 1000 series may be a bit much. I mean a 1060 GB SC is 300.

=/

Just received and installed my 1080 Ti FE. I'm hitting 2012MHz stable, temps holding at around 80C with a fan speed of around 80%. I hear the sound of air whooshing, but it's not a super loud or annoying sound at all and much preferable to some other GPU coolers I've had.

I'm definitely happy with my decision to go with the FE, I like getting the hot air out of my case instead of pushing it up to the CPU and needing to run my case fans higher to compensate.

Edit: I should probably mention this is in TW3 with a solid 99% GPU usage at all times.

Just received and installed my 1080 Ti FE. I'm hitting 2012MHz stable, temps holding at around 80C with a fan speed of around 80%. I hear the sound of air whooshing, but it's not a super loud or annoying sound at all and much preferable to some other GPU coolers I've had.

I'm definitely happy with my decision to go with the FE, I like getting the hot air out of my case instead of pushing it up to the CPU and needing to run my case fans higher to compensate.

Awesome.

My order is still "processing"

Maybe I can get one today from somewhere else.

Seems like all non-FE cards will just be available for pre-order, not purchase

I hope they don't ship in April.... I'll have to hope I can get on a computer at that time and get on preordered. Would have preferred them to go up early so I could watch it at work.

Top Bottom