• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Why is everyone flipping so hard for the founders even if the thermals are bad in most benchmarks?

I want it asap also but this sounds a bit like hype blindness and i mean it cant be that long for customs to arrive.

Xyber

Why is everyone flipping so hard for the founders even if the thermals are bad in most benchmarks?

I want it asap also but this sounds a bit like hype blindness and i mean it cant be that long for customs to arrive.

Some people plan to replace the cooler, some are doing SLI.

As for the rest? Bunch of crazy people with no patience. :p

They are impatient, don't care about the bad thermals\noise, or plan to replace the cooler themselves.

The thermals are standard. They aren't particularly good nor bad.

Oxn

Why do some companies make their own custom blower style card. seems like a waste of time.

GX10HZT_161601_285x255.jpg

Azzurri

I've learned there is no point in buying one unless you REALLY need one, like you sold your other card and have none.

For me I'll just wait a few months and grab one of eVgas or Asus top of the line ones later.

gdt

Goddamit. I ducked up the shipping billing and it kicked me back and now won't load on the EVGA website

Aeana

I tried to wait for custom 1080 cards last year and I was still waiting for them to get reliably in stock 6 months later. At that point I decided to wait for the next card.

Besides, you can pick up cooler kits for these things to improve that aspect. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned buying a hybrid kit for their 1080 FE and it worked great.

Xyber

I tried to wait for custom 1080 cards last year and I was still waiting for them to get reliably in stock 6 months later. At that point I decided to wait for the next card.

Besides, you can pick up cooler kits for these things to improve that aspect. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned buying a hybrid kit for their 1080 FE and it worked great.

I managed to get myself the MSI Gaming X a few weeks after launch without any problems. *shrug*

I had pre-ordered the EVGA FTW, it never came back in stock after the first shipment so I put an order on the MSI and had it within a week. Dodged a bullet on those faulty EVGA cards as well. :D

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Got a Zotac off Newegg. The main reason for sticking to a founders is the NCase M1 I have doesn't play nice with some custom coolers.

pny.com still has some, free shipping 1-3 days and no taxes.

Thank you so much for this. Best Buy & newegg both let me add to cart but not buy had already sold out and EVGA crashed and wont let me back in

Wow what a crazy thing this launch has been, everything selling out in seconds

GodVegeta

Neo Member
Me as a EU guy from austria i dont get the whole preordering hardware part most of the time, here you can buy almost everything all the time without worrying about supply but i guess in the us its a bit different ?

But i hope all of us who want this stupid gpu are getting one ASAP !

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope the lack of AmazonGlobal eligibility on the EVGA and MSI FEs is just Amazon reserving stock for US customers and not indicative of a broader intention to restrict all 1080 Tis to the US.

So what started as "I'd like to upgrade my monitor" turned into my wife telling me to upgrade my videocard AND monitor (I wasn't able to justify the monitor with my 970 from research and conversations on GAF). Going to probably wait for the custom cards to come out, but now I have to rethink the monitor thing. Hmm...

jacket320

So what started as "I'd like to upgrade my monitor" turned into my wife telling me to upgrade my videocard AND monitor (I wasn't able to justify the monitor with my 970 from research and conversations on GAF). Going to probably wait for the custom cards to come out, but now I have to rethink the monitor thing. Hmm...

Monitor is probably the most confusing thing to research about a build IMO - drove me crazy! Good news!

Monitor is probably the most confusing thing to research about a build IMO - drove me crazy! Good news!

Thanks. I agree monitors are kind of a pain for research. So many different opinions and options. I think I've settled on going for 1440p at 144hz with Gsync, but even that is leaving several options. From the sounds of it I may have a lot of time to keep looking at them though.

ShdwDrake

Banned

Damn right you put a ring on that shit!

So I think I managed to get an EVGA FE from Newegg.

Randomly popped up for sale 10 minutes ago and my payment was charged. Will ship Monday apparently.

Also have a Nvidia FE on order, although not sure when it will ship. Still says processing.

If I manage to get it from Newegg, will happily sell the Nvidia card to anyone here for cost.

I live and work in Manhattan.

PM me a reminder if you are interested.

Kevin

Will the custom cards that hit in April also be the overclocked cards or are those even further out then April?

El Txou

Managed yo get one from Amazon, but there is no estimated date for shipping. Now I went to the page and it says only available from third party sellers, so seems Amazon ran out. So might be a long wait, will keep you posted.

Top Bottom