• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti launch/review day - 2017/03/09

Weevilone

Well, Fedex hand-waived off their shipping guarantees for today due to storms in Memphis last night.

My card was sitting a few miles from here at 6:30AM and missed the 10:30AM delivery guarantee, but since they have the event logged all bets are off. Fedex guys are probably still at breakfast.

Well, Fedex hand-waived off their shipping guarantees for today due to storms in Memphis last night.

My card was sitting a few miles from here at 6:30AM and missed the 10:30AM delivery guarantee, but since they have the event logged all bets are off. Fedex guys are probably still at breakfast.

Call them and find out exactly where it is.

Go there and pick it up yourself.

I did that once for a package during a blizzard.

Xyber

I hope it will be a surprise launch of partner cards as well, I want to rip that bandaid off right away and don't have second thoughts about upgrading for weeks while I wait for more cards. :p

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Realistically, how big of an impact will the reference cooler have from a 3rd party cooler? I can wait a week to get a card if it'll be substantial, but if its differences in theoretical maximums rather than practical application I'd rather buy today. Any word?

Realistically, how big of an impact will the reference cooler have from a 3rd party cooler? I can wait a week to get a card if it'll be substantial, but if its differences in theoretical maximums rather than practical application I'd rather buy today. Any word?

I don't think you would be looking at some huge increase in overclocking performance with custom coolers.

It's more about temperatures and noise level.

Customs coolers will definitely be cooler and quieter.

dr_rus

About +10% factory OC and about 5-10dB less noise.

Huge decrease in noise and heat levels mostly. Performance gains will be minimal. Which is enough for me to wait for. I have Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me busy :)

telasoman

I think I'm going to try and jump the gun with the founders edition today, and hope the board layout is the same as the Titan X and use my 3rd party cooling setup I have on it.

EVGA SC2 (not available to order yet)

11G-P4-6593-KR_XL_1.jpg

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I don't think you would be looking at some huge increase in overclocking performance with custom coolers.

It's more about temperatures and noise level.

Customs coolers will definitely be cooler and quieter.

About +10% factory OC and about 5-10dB less noise.

Huge decrease in noise and heat levels mostly. Performance gains will be minimal. Which is enough for me to wait for. I have Horizon Zero Dawn to keep me busy :)

I'm playing zelda, so I think I can wait for the custom coolers yeah. Quiet specifically is really appreciated. Thanks yall! My paycheck can keep that $800 chunk now!

Zaph

No dates on any of the custom cards on OCUK.

Pointless pre-ordering because there's 5 I wouldn't mind buying and I just want the first one released.

I had an EVGA founder in my cart and ready to go but decided I'll just wait for the custom coolers. I always hate this song and dance around new graphics card launches

JoseDFrog

Banned
I had an EVGA founder in my cart and ready to go but decided I'll just wait for the custom coolers. I always hate this song and dance around new graphics card launches

Just get it and step but to the iCX. It's what I've done before and I'm doing now.

LOL, I got the confirmation email before the page refreshed.

Almost ordered again this round but I just bought the Switch and have Horizon on the PS4 Pro to keep me busy.

My 1080 is good too and I'm sure it'll handle Andromeda nicely

Jin

And when the custom coolers cards are release we have to do this F5 thing all over again.

Aeana

Nvidia order sitting at "pending." I've never ordered from them before, so I don't know what this really means. There is a charge or pre-auth on my credit card already, so at this point I'm just hoping that they don't come back and cancel it because they oversold or something.

Top Bottom