• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

JoeM86

Do Nintendo usually show the press their E3 videos in advance? Seems a little strange this random guy in France is commenting on something yet to come.

Even if he has seen it, I bet Nintendo have withheld some big stuff until the official broadcast.

Only thing we have as reference is them showing Starfox to select press before the Digital Event last year. I've not heard of anyone being given the Digital Event to watch beforehand. They know that leaks would happen.

I think I remember the youtube schedule having an hour and a half for it, though that might include post-analysis, etc. I know Square starts an hour after N.

hype.gif

HeroR

I'm not expecting much from the Digital Event (Zelda killed my Nintendo hype months ago once it was revealed to be a no-show) but I'm sure Treehouse will take over my life for the next three days, so I'm still excited!

You know, I love Zelda as much as the next person, but why do people treat it like it's the only game of interest Nintendo ever makes? The same with Smash.

Porcile

Do Nintendo usually show the press their E3 videos in advance? Seems a little strange this random guy in France is commenting on something yet to come.

Even if he has seen it, I bet Nintendo have withheld some big stuff until the official broadcast.

I think press get a pre-event where they see some stuff. Happened last year I think, but no one had a clue Splatoon was coming, so I'm sure they hold some stuff back.

Super Mario Maker is probably the best game we'll see during the show.

Not because of graphics and shit but because it is the closest thing to actually working at Nintendo.

TunaLover

Why would Iwata deliver megatons at an investors meeting? And keep in mind this event is being streamed in Japan and other countries as well
It has happened in a previous E3, no interesting stuff during E3, then bam Nintendo Direct with the goods.

I'm thinking on the lack of Iwata, and ... Hopefully I'm wrong.

LETS GET PUMPED PEOPLE

Animal Crossing U: it's set in a University campus town, you play as a student enrolling if fun mini-game classes and speaking to your other animal students. Customise and improve your frat house by speaking with Tom Nook, listen to KK Slider perform in the Students Union, it's gonna be incredible.

Metroid Prime 4: Samus is back with new bounties and galaxies to explore, the stakes are higher than ever, the gamepad is used as a visor, graphics are amazing, coming 2016 WITH ONLINE MULTIPLAYER, tease for Retro's new IP coming "after"

Diddy Kong Racing: cross buy for 3DS and WiiU, includes minor eShop characters from the likes of Dillon's Rolling Western and Pushmo, Yooka and Laylee confirmed characters, speaking of

Yooka Laylee Amiibo confirmed for the games launch, Nintendo partnering with Playtonic for an exclusive physical edition on WiiU

BELIEVE

MGUbF8i.gif

Its... beautiful...ly over optimistic.

I would die if this happened though, especially the Metroid bit.

Die.

*EDIT* Actually if this happens and I don't die, ban me.

C'mon NintenGAF
This is OUR specialty

We have huge expectations coming up to Nintendo events, even if they're totally unrealistic. Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother 4, New IP, it will all be at this E3

lordofthee3nin.gif

iLasK4xH4Hchs.gif

Iwata_not_dead.gif

JoeM86

It has happened in a previous E3, no interesting stuff during E3, then bam Nintendo Direct with the goods.

I'm thinking on the lack of Iwata, and ... Hopefully I'm wrong.

Iwata isn't in LA but that doesn't mean he won't be in the Digital Event and that there won't be megatons.

JMDSO

Unconfirmed Member
I think Sonys announcement were probably more exciting than the actual games will be. It was the perfect trinity of GAF-meltdowns, but I'm not really looking forward to any of those games.

The last Guardian looked almost exactly like it did 7 years ago, which isn't that impressive now, and nor does that type of atmosphere feel very unique any more. Hopefully it'll still be a good game though.

FFVII will be a disaster. Old school FF and classic FF really don't mesh and modern squenix is horrible. Nomura being in charge pretty much confirms it will be a full on advent children shitfest.

Shenmue 3 is just weird. I liked Shenmue back in the day and the ambition and scope was impressive back then but the story, writing or the gameplay really doesn't hold up, and most of the things that made it special then is pretty commonplace now. Some of the lifesim stuff could still be neat though. I honestly can't believe anyone seriously care about the conclusion to the story any more.

Horizon was the one game I saw last night that did it for me.

Busaiku

C'mon NintenGAF
This is OUR specialty

We have huge expectations coming up to Nintendo events, even if they're totally unrealistic. Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox, F-Zero, Mother 4, New IP, it will all be at this E3
We got hype before due to the outlandish nature if most hype.
The Sony conference lived up to the outlandish expectations.

Hype is dead.

weekev

Banned
Übermatik;168307322 said:
MGUbF8i.gif

Its... beautiful...ly over optimistic.

I would die if this happened though, especially the Metroid bit.

Die.

*EDIT* Actually if this happens and I don't die, ban me.
You are familiar with Neogaf mods right? Careful what you wish for....

Junahu

It's gonna be nice to see some trailers that aren't obligated to have a disclaimer stating that they are running real-time on official hardware. That got pretty old, and I have my suspicions that most of them were either vertical-slices or embellished gameplay anyway.

Call me an old stuffed coat, but I like a nice traditional trailer, even if it's not neccessarily more genuine to the final product.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Why do you guys think Metroid is a pipedream? It's only the most obvious announcement Nintendo could make at this point.
It's coming, they've said as much. I'm not letting myself get hyped so as to temper my expectations.

Realistically, this is what I'm hoping for on the stream: Animal Crossing Wii U, Happy Home Designer N3DS XL for the West, N3DS regular size for NA, Style Savvy & Rhythm Heaven localizations, solidified release dates for the Fall games, StarFox footage.

Things that seem possible that I'm not expecting/would love: Metroid, Punch-Out!!, Wario Ware.

balohna

I fully expect a Star Fox trailer that pushes all the nostalgia buttons, with a release date this year.

Hoping for Metroid.

Beyond that, I'm just excited to see what secret projects they've got.

Astral Dog

Metroid V after Fusion, Samus is hunted by the Corrupt Galactic Federation, she hides on a planet where she can get evidence neccessary to prove their bioweapon research.

Samus takes orders from Adam computer as she travels through a mazelike planet a la Super Metroid, Anthony Higgs dies somewhere without dialogue.

You know, I love Zelda as much as the next person, but why do people treat it like it's the only game of interest Nintendo ever makes? The same with Smash.

Well, I'm pretty much a massive fan of everything Nintendo makes, so what you said isn't true of me whatsoever. Zelda skipping this E3 tempered my expectations because it means the game is much further out than expected and as much as I love other Nintendo franchises, none of them are bigger than Zelda for me. Punch-Out!! comes very close though.

Top Bottom