• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2015 Event Schedule

Hiltz

As long as we keep our expectations reasonable, Nintendo should at least provide us with a few pleasant surprises. They are limiting themselves to games announcements releasing by early 2016, whereas Sony and Microsoft announced several games that didn't place such limitations on. Also, unlike Sony, Nintendo has 2 platforms to support, and it has announced several upcoming titles both big and small from the recent Direct videos. Wii U still has at least 6 confirmed games coming out this year and that's not including newly announced titles such as Mario & Sonic Olympics even though it will be coming out this holiday just as every other title in that franchise has. Japan has more games, when you include Fire Emblem X SMT (if it comes out this winter for 2015, Project Treasure and Mario & Sonic Olympics). Nintendo also already released 4 other titles on Wii U earlier this year on top of it all.

my crazy prediction

Possible:

gameplay Legend of Zelda: Mononoke Hime 2017 cross gen.
gameplay Star Fox 2016
gameplay Paper Mario 2016
video New IP 2016
video a Betrayalton of some sort 2016
video Weird nintendo and 3rd party collaboration. 2016
Diddy Kong Racing Spring 2016

The "I have some cheeseburgers" predictions:

Pokemon MMO Wii U and handheld cross gen 2017
Mother 3 Spring 2016
Metroid Reboot holiday 2016
Super Mario Universe (already had world sun galaxy so I am just going off that) Fall 2016
Animal Crossing Online crossgen 2016
F Zero 2016

the first 8 and any one of the last 6 will be a good e3 for nintendo some news on their mobile shit would be good as well.

Hey I am happy we got last guardian, shenmue 3 and ffvii remake. some nintendo megatons and maybe half life 3 isn't out of the question either

maxcriden

What's a Metroid? Who's ready to race?

13466340373396.gif

Oh man I love this and would be so hyped for anything Diddy!

Honestly, I think the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 8 is lackluster because most people really don't play battle mode anymore. I remember I played it a lot in Mario Kart 64 and then, I stop caring. I haven't touch battle mode since Double Dash.

Thats because they keep screwing it up.

Do you have the DS version? That battle mode is legit, I must have put 100 hours into it.

Double Dash had the good bomb mode, but the balloon mode sucked.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Honestly, I think the Battle Mode in Mario Kart 8 is lackluster because most people really don't play battle mode anymore. I remember I played it a lot in Mario Kart 64 and then, I stop caring. I haven't touch battle mode since Double Dash.

it has sucked since 64 lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All I want is to see Star Fox. They can do whatever the fuck else they wanna do.

MLH

Keeping expectations low for Nintendo and Square Enix. It's going to be hard to top Sony's announcements. The only thing that would top it would be Dragon Quest localisations (DQ8 and maybe DQ7)

1. No.
2. Welcome to 2012. I guess they should've just cancelled Wii U in 2013.
3. Zelda probably got delayed because the game wasn't very good, and by all means, didn't look that good as a game either.
4. Sony and Microsoft will be making new hardware. Nintendo only talked about NX to diffuse speculation that were leaving console business for mobile gaming.
5. Okay, so 2017-18 still.

2016 at the earliest, yes. The first info is still a year away, never mind the actual launch.

Some of you guys have an amazing conclusion-jumping skills.

1. Who said that?
2. It's not like Nintendo cares.
3. It happens every single time with console Zeldas.
4. Just to prevent ye dinguses talking about Nintendo going mobile-only.
5. I did not even get that sentence.

So Nintendo is releasing both a new home console and NX? (Because it has already been said that the NX isn't a traditional home console.)

Zelda will be november 2016, it always is. What else would they have that pushes consoles..

I'd put it the other way around. NX MIGHT be coming in 2016, but I'm quite sure there won't be a new console in 2016.

Not every game has to be a +40 hours "AAA" blockbuster - they could have 2 new IP titles like splatoon to show us, wouldn't that excite you? I'd say a failed platform like Wii U lends itself to experimentation.

Focus on 2016. I still expect some new mid-late 2016 reveals.

This - agree on about everything you say.

The Wii was the only console last generation, that was as traditional as you can get.

No patches. Just put the disc in -> play. No multimedia bullcrap. No installations. Just play games. The other 2 acted like restricted PCs.

And when you remove motion control + pointer functionality from the Wiimote, then it's basically a NES controller + a separate analog stick.

Still think NX isn't 2016? Lmao.

Dice

d[-_- said:
b;168331603]Wish granted lol
Indeed!

Also bonus Mario Tennis looked nice, and coming out so soon.

That SMT x FE x Macross x Conception game is still confusing.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan. I love my 3DS and I'm still playing lots on my Wii U. But I don't see how this presser could avoid being super, super weak. No new hardware. No mobile stuff. Presumably that also means that the new online account system (and Club Nintendo replacement) is also too far off to be announced.

If we're lucky, we'll get a couple of game announcements that look neat. (Animal Crossing Wii U?) But anyone expecting anything big is going to be let down.

Just quoting what I said before the Nintendo stream.

:)

Dice

Nintendo dropping bombs in the calmest way possible. They just confirmed in a casual chat that Star Fox is Miyamoto's team + Platinum.

Top Bottom