• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

NTom64

Ended their relationship with Dimps? The same company that makes some of their best selling and most well received games?

Yeah, OK.

MAtgS

I guess it'll be good but I was kinda hoping that just once they threw a bone to satam/archie/aosth/fleetway fans considering its the 20th anniversary for those shows/comics. A few character cameos or something.

I was used to Sega ignoring the alt continuities before but ever since I found out that Amy & Charmy originated from a manga series while Sally or more accurately the name of that character in not the character herself originated from the very 1st game by technicality it's bugging me a lot more lately.

Ended their relationship with Dimps? The same company that makes some of their best selling and most well received games?

Yeah, OK.

Yep, I know they had some missteps (Sonic 4), but everything else was decent (Gens 3DS) to great (Rush, Advance).

They need to make a proper 3DS exclusive successor to the Rush and Advance series.

Daingurse

I wonder if they'll fuck us with another Eggman Land. Extremely hard, but easily one of my most replayed stages. Extremely fucking brutal, hardest stage for me in the entire franchise, easy. Fuck all the Werehog junk though, simply infuriating.

EggmanLand_by_Shalweas.png

Eggman Land Day

I don't think I've enjoyed a sonic game since SA2, I really hope they cull a lot of characters and story and just focus on the gameplay.

The story is what scares me away from these games most of the time.

I guess it'll be good but I was kinda hoping that just once they threw a bone to satam/archie/aosth/fleetway fans considering its the 20th anniversary for those shows/comics. A few character cameos or something.

I was used to Sega ignoring the alt continuities before but ever since I found out that Amy & Charmy originated from a manga series while Sally or more accurately the name of that character in not the character herself originated from the very 1st game by technicality it's bugging me a lot more lately.

Ugh, no, we have enough characters as it is.

I could do without Amy, but this still sounds alright.

I hope they treat the story with the appropriate amount of seriousness, which is to say none. I don't want them to fuck everything up trying to recapture Sonic Adventure when the cartoony tone set by Colors and Generations works so well.

tajd

Banned
I wonder if they'll fuck us with another Eggman Land. Extremely hard, but easily one of my most replayed stages. Extremely fucking brutal, hardest stage for me in the entire franchise, easy. Fuck all the Werehog junk though, simply infuriating.

EggmanLand_by_Shalweas.png

Eggman Land Day

your speeding along eggmanland your die a couple of time you remebered all the twists and turn your having a blast and then nightime comes and your thr werehog again :(

eggmanland level is a 1 hour level ? I CLEARLY remeber it taking me that long to finsih the level

Daingurse

your speeding along eggmanland your die a couple of time you remebered all the twists and turn your having a blast and then nightime comes and your thr werehog again :(

eggmanland level is a 1 hour level ? I CLEARLY remeber it taking me that long to finsih the level

Took me about 75 minutes my first time around. I recall getting that time down well under 30 min.

I could do without Amy, but this still sounds alright.

I hope they treat the story with the appropriate amount of seriousness, which is to say none. I don't want them to fuck everything up trying to recapture Sonic Adventure when the cartoony tone set by Colors and Generations works so well.

IIRC, the Colors/Generations writer supposedly confirmed he did some work for an unannounced Sonic title, so I don't think there's much to worry about there.

Revven

If they have the same writers from Generations/Colors (which I'd assume they would because they've done a phenomenal job for both those games) we'll be fine I think.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't expect someone with a Knucles avatar to understand, as they don't have any taste.

I hope I can fucking play as Tails again. I've being waiting for too fucking long Sega. SA3 was years ago Sega, years ago.
You could have played as Tails in Sonic 4: Episode 2.

Don't you be talkin' smack about Knux, though. He has his strengths. I honestly found it easier to no-hit/no-death Sonic 2 with him in my youth before I got used to speedrunning with Sonic.

tajd

Banned
sonic 4 will be wrapping up this year aswell

episode 3

and then in a year or two a port to the 3ds with all 12 courses

You could have played as Tails in Sonic 4: Episode 2.

Don't you be talkin' smack about Knux, though. He has his strengths. I honestly found it easier to no-hit/no-death Sonic 2 with him in my youth before I got used to speedrunning with Sonic.

Well if Sega didn't made him multilayer only that would had being fantastic.

Knucles has little to no redeeming qualities. He is just there to randomly punch some rocks and comedy value. He has a lot of moves through so I'm not against playing as him.

Slygmous

Excursion sounds like a half-assed code name for SA3. The while thing sounds way too obvious and a little heavy on fan service, I'm not convinced it's real.

Also threw up a little at Sonic and Tails conversing through entire level. Please be fake.

Top Bottom