• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

Takao

Banned
I'm no expert but I don't believe you can willing delete threads on 4chan. They get deleted due to inactivity.

I also found it kind of weird how no one actually linked to the thread ...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't come to Sonic to fight things with boxes or go through poorly-paced level design segments. I never did. I come to Sonic to learn level layouts and then learn how to speedrun them/S-rank them with the fastest time possible.

Not to go through combat arenas.

this was also one of the best parts

Winterfang said:
Well if Sega didn't made him multilayer only that would had being fantastic.

Knucles has little to no redeeming qualities. He is just there to randomly punch some rocks and comedy value. He has a lot of moves through so I'm not against playing as him.
I can almost say the same for Shadow, can I not? Is he not just there at the current point in time to simply act as a moodier Sonic with a similar moveset + vehicles, which seem less flexible than Knuckles's glide manoeuvre?

Shadow was okay in Sonic Adventure 2. He didn't need to come back because his role was adequately completed in SA2.

But... man, I don't come to Sonic for story or canon! I come to play through the levels, see if the playable character's (or characters') moveset fits the level designs, see if the level design is fine, acknowledge that the music is fantastic, check out the boss design, get good enough to S-rank/speedrun, and see whether or not the levels are paced well. I really don't care for canon or story at all. Not in the games.

SykoTech

Not sure why people keep saying Sonic Adventure 3 when it sounds much more like a combo of S3&K and Generations (in fact, the OP even cites those two). That really works for me though. Best two Sonic games, aside from 2.

Sounds good. Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy is the way it should be. Amy should be hard mode (slower, no spin attacks, has to manually use her hammer).

No, Kunckles will be hard mode. Especially if it's being molded after S3&K as the description says. Amy will probably be no fun mode again.

Lijik

Assuming this rumour is legit:
"Sonic and Tails communicate throughout the level with each other similarly to the conversations in Sonic Heroes, both commenting on their surroundings and giving you advice on how to play the game. "

I can't believe they're going back to one of the most annoying elements of the post Adventure 2 Pre Unleashed era.

I'm no expert but I don't believe you can willing delete threads on 4chan. They get deleted due to inactivity.

I also found it kind of weird how no one actually linked to the thread ...

The OP can delete threads.

Though now that you mention it, I can't find anything from Wintos The Traveling Salesman while searching an archive. It switched hands recently so it's possible this went on in the downtime, but I'm more inclined to think that this is fake and there was never a thread at all.

RagnarokX

I can almost say the same for Shadow, can I not? Is he not just there at the current point in time to simply act as a moodier Sonic with a similar moveset + vehicles, which seem less flexible than Knuckles's glide manoeuvre?

Shadow was okay in Sonic Adventure 2. He didn't need to come back because his role was adequately completed in SA2.

But... man, I don't come to Sonic for story or canon! I come to play through the levels, see if the playable character's (or characters') moveset fits the level designs, see if the level design is fine, acknowledge that the music is fantastic, check out the boss design, get good enough to S-rank/speedrun, and see whether or not the levels are paced well. I really don't care for canon or story at all. Not in the games.
Last time we had a Sonic game rumor thread he and some other guys tried to argue that all the other characters aren't clones of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles.

tajd

Banned
"Sonic and Tails communicate throughout the level with each other similarly to the conversations in Sonic Heroes, both commenting on their surroundings and giving you advice on how to play the game. "

I can't believe they're going back to one of the most annoying elements of the post Adventure 2 Pre Unleashed era.

remeber last year or the year before when there was some online survey sega were doing asking was did you most like about sonic heroes and sonic 1

That was alright in Sonic Heroes. Unbearable in Sonic Generations last boss.

Malajax

It was bad before thanks to terrible writing and bad voice acting. With good writers it could be ok. Sega has been pretty good with options, and would probably have one to turn the voices/advice off.

Kinda sad about Dimps leaving. Rush and Rush Adventure were great, though I'll be fine, so long as Sega doesn't abandon Blaze and Marine. Those two are awesome. All-in-all though this sounds fun! I'll definitely pick it up for Wii U if it turns out to be true.

RagnarokX

No, Kunckles will be hard mode. Especially if it's being molded after S3&K as the description says. Amy will probably be no fun mode again.
Knuckles wasn't hard mode in S3&K, he was hard mode in Sonic 2. Amy was the most difficult character in Advance.

remz

i know i have no proof but but that rumour posted tonight was the 2nd time ive heard it , something similar was posted on tssz news a few months back

I don't think that confirms it. It could just be the saying guy trying to post his dumb fan idea for a game to as many sources as possible.

BD1

Banned
Even though Edge apparently pulled it, I still believe...

islONdhC6pEZ0.JPG

Sonic Adventure 3

Sonic Adventure 3

If they call the next game Sonic Adventure 3, they have already fucked up.

Trying to recapture a game that just isn't that good anymore is a bad idea. Let Sonic Adventure exist as a happy memory and keep moving the series forward.

Manu

"That looks like a homing shot!" ad infinitum.

I had to defeat that boss withouth receiving damage for the platinum. I got it at maybe my 50th try. After that I never got damage again. It's incredibly easy once you figure out his attack patterns and how to attack it. Too bad the games teaches you JACK SHIT about any of it.

Takao

Banned
sega have also been putting sonic ads on lots of magazines for no reason also

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/04/sega-taking-out-full-page-adverts-for-the-sonic-brand/

weird

"for no reason"

Now before you get too excited or just discard this as not really being interesting. These magazines are aimed at people who would be investing in brands or buying licenses which other companies hold so they can use their assets. Jazwares, F4F, Sideshow Collectables etc, these are the companies that magazines like this are designed for… not gamers.

SEGA wants money off of Sonic toys. Shocking.

If they call the next game Sonic Adventure 3, they have already fucked up.

Trying to recapture a game that just isn't that good anymore is a bad idea. Let Sonic Adventure exist as a happy memory and keep moving the series forward.

While I agree that Sega shouldn't rely on old games to make Sonic relevant. Generations / Colors are already superior to the Adventure titles.

I would love Chao to come back though. Add online races also.

wait, wait, wait, forget the Xbox Infinite name, Excursion, or even lack of a Vita version...but Dimps is (finally!) no longer developing Sonic titles? LIES! I DON'T BELIEVE THIS RUMOR ONE BIT!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
i know i have no proof but but that rumour posted tonight was the 2nd time ive heard it , something similar was posted on tssz news a few months back

Was it this rumor?

Sources close to SEGA have informed The Sonic Stadium that the publisher intends to announce/tease a new game within the Sonic the Hedgehog series next month. Sonic fans will recall that February 2nd is of course what SEGA calls ‘Hedgehog Day’, a day the company usually likes to tease fans about upcoming Sonic games. However, one of our sources states that the game won’t be announced until mid-February, while another just says we “will hear about it from official sources next month”. It’s likely SEGA could tease a reveal on Hedgehog Day and make a proper announcement later in the month.

One source has shared what they allege to be details about the new game. The game’s title doesn’t appear to be finalized yet, but its platforms are. It will be released on Wii U, PS3, 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and “Next gen” consoles. This source says anything involving these new consoles is strictly confidential to people at the top of the company, so they unfortunately don’t have any information to share about those versions. As for the other versions, the source states the console, PC and PS Vita versions will be identical aside from the graphical differences, while the 3DS version will be another Sonic Rush styled game.

The source elaborates that the console version of this new game will be sticking with the recent formula seen in Sonic Unleashed (Daytime), Sonic Colours and Sonic Generations where gameplay switches between full 3D movement and 2D side-scrolling sections. Multiple routes through a stage will return, but this time you will have an incentive to play through them all. Each route in a stage will lead to one of two or three exits at the end that will each take you to a different stage. You will always end up at the same final stage, though. Our source says final stage count hasn’t been decided, but the developers are trying for a least 20 diferent stages, not including boss battles.

Character wise, our source says you will begin the game with Sonic and unlock other characters to play as by completing stages. It’s been made clear that this doesn’t mean 20+ characters are available, though. “For example, you might unlock Knuckles in any one of three stages. Sometimes, if you already have a character that would be unlocked first, a different one may be unlocked. Altogether we’re looking at about 10 different characters to play with, and no, Sonic isn’t getting any new friends. All of the playable characters will be existing Sonic characters.”

Our source goes on to explain that each character will have their own skills to help them progress in stages easier where others will have more difficulty or simply cannot ala Sonic 3 & Knuckles and the Sonic Advance series. One example described involves Sonic and Shadow not being able to make it up a wall, while Tails can easily fly up there or Knuckles can climb, allowing them access to an exit Sonic and Shadow can’t reach. Despite that, our source assures us that stages can be replayed with any character of your choice, though.

Moving on to the 3DS version, the source says it will be “similar in idea, but smaller in scope”. The developers are trying to fit all of the characters into the game, but it will feature far fewer stages. There will still be many paths through stages, but at this point, the source says it looks like every stage will only ever branch off into 2 stages.

Our source ends by telling us “All in all, the games look very promising at this point” and assures us that SEGA has their best developers working on the games and that they have been in the works since before Sonic Generations. The game should be out in stores this Fall/Autumn, or at the latest, Winter. Another source corroborates the Fall schedule and expects the game to be released around September.

We have verified our sources as best as we can, but until official confirmation is made by SEGA, we’re marking this rumour for now.

iavi

If that initial rumor is true, the series will feel more like outrun than the current formula already does, and I'll love every second of it

X-box Infinite sounds pretty stupid to me, then again I own something called a Wii U so the name doesn't really matter.
I'm intrigued to find out more about this game, really like the generations demo but never got around to buying the full game.

Top Bottom