• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

That way we would have a great melting pot, instead of Sonic and his friends sticking out like a sore thumb.

Precisely.

Also, why doesn't Sega just make a stand alone Chao game? I can understand why some people would rather not see them in Sonic. I just want to see them return in some way.

Precisely.

I think Sonic Chronicles had something like that right? Not that It matters though Fuck that game.

Also, why doesn't Sega just make a stand alone Chao game? I can understand why some people would rather not see them in Sonic. I just want to see them return in some way.

No way, Give me Chao in my Sonic games or don't give me anything. Collecting the Drives and Animals gave more re-playability to the stages. It was like a game inside a game, gave you an incentive to play the stages differently.

Sciz

I don't know... I liked Sonic Rush because it was new Sonic on the DS, but looking back at Rush, Rush Adventure, Colors DS and Generations DS, Dimps never really rose above mediocrity with their SOnic series games.

The best part of their games are the soundtracks.

Dimps never handled the music anyway.

Certainly sounds interesting enough...but Sega really ending their relationship with Dimps when it worked well enough for them for over a decade? I'll believe it when I see it.

I was under the impression (and semi-experience) that Sonic Advance was the only true great thing they did with the character. Generations on 3DS was poop.

Also, WTF, no Vita!?

Sonic 06 had a street sign in Crisis City that pointed to a Chao Garden. That means that somewhere, there's a burned out, crumbling Garden. I have since come to the conclusion that maybe Sonic 06 wasn't all bad.

Don't be silly PB, Crisis City is on a distant none-existant future =)

TheOGB

Banned
I mean, at least all hands are on deck for the main game; they don't have to worry about adding an entirely different experience, and the main game gets all the focus. I'd say it deserves it for this next gen launch, as well as the simple fact that the gameplay still has room for improvement, so once that's top notch then we can start adding all the extra stuff.

But a downloadable standalone Chao Garden WOULD be nice, Sega. :p

Skyzard

Banned
I was under the impression (and semi-experience) that Sonic Advance was the only true great thing they did with the character. Generations on 3DS was poop.

Also, WTF, no Vita!?

No vita version is a real downer. I wanted to play Generations a lot more than I ended up because I couldn't be bothered to sit at the TV/PC for it, was looking forward to a sonic platformer on vita for easy access, would have gotten lots of playtime going by how good generations was. Lame if true :( Here's hoping it's not the case.

People actually Love that Chao garden bullshit?

YES.

Chao_Race.jpg

What's wrong with the humans in unleashed? They give you missions and some of them are pretty damn charming. I like the little girl from Shamar that got lost and end up traveling the world and trying to find a date for the woman from Mazuri. They had nice stories behind them.

If anything Unleashed is the only Sonic game that uses Humans right.

I loved the humans in Unleashed! So appealing

vtOHH8H.png

KmTOIlS.png

H45Jajc.png

I hope they rehire her for this game, love Gurihiru's work.

People actually liked that Chao garden bullshit?

I bet you were one of those people that spindashed them to death :mad:

I'm just now playing through Generations on PC and would love another sonic game. Loving this so far and it looks great, especially when down sampled.

I loved the humans in Unleashed! So appealing

H45Jajc.png

I hope they rehire her for this game, love Gurihiru's work.

I bet you were one of those people that spindashed them to death :mad:

I totally forgot about Ghost girl, she was really cute. Are those two boys the ghost from the movies? I though they where older.

IrishNinja

i like a lot of what i read in the OP! especially the bit about replaying a level with different characters' abilities, that was indeed a highlight in the day.

my faith's restored since Colors & Generations, can't wait.

FreeMufasa

I, for one, always chucked them at walls to hatch them. Fed them even when they didn't want anything. Threw them if they threw food away.

They were slaves. Nothing more. Just a means to an end (Emblems).

I used to drown dem foolz in da hell garden.

I loved sonic and hated eggman. One time my favourite chao started following and lovin eggman. I genuinely got pissed off and killed her with sonic after. Manz was seeing blood. I regretted it after......=(

pswii60

I had a huge issue with the 30fps of Sonic Generations. I hope the next-gen versions of the sequel are 60fps. 30fps and 2D platforming don't mix, especially at Sonic speeds.

Robin64

Sounds like Sonic Adventure 3 in all but name. Hooray!

Also, Xbox Infinite doesn't roll off the tongue as well as Xbox Infinity.

Village

Yeah I wouldn't mind that either. It would enrich the Sonic would if they had a bunch of humans and Anthropomorphic animals living together. Also Don't give them powers either, not everyone needs to be like Sonic. Also give some powers to humans. ( I mean Eggman already has "powers" in his crazy I.Q)

That way we would have a great melting pot, instead of Sonic and his friends sticking out like a sore thumb.

Erry body has powers already, hell im pretty sure sonic isn't the most powerful anymore, just don't make the background people as important. Hell in the comic there are just gods sitting around doing jack shit. And before you say " well how is that possible" you know batman is no where near the most powerful thing in Gotham city, does not stop him from being the main character. Hell to me that would make sonic more endearing, more challenges to over come. While I like shadow and knuckles ( I really like shadow and knuckles) sonic needs more people who can punch his face in.

Also i saw sonic heroes in that description

... not sure if want....

Ferr986

The level design is hideous and time travel is a mostly useless gimmick that is unnecessarily difficult to perform, thanks to its dumb activation requirements coupled with the aforementioned level design.

I dunno, I love Sonic CD level design. It seems more oriented at Time Attacks, and although there's a lot of obstacles that try to stop you, you can bipass them easily when you know the level. It really makes going fast a reward for knowing the stage.

flattie

I had a huge issue with the 30fps of Sonic Generations. I hope the next-gen versions of the sequel are 60fps. 30fps and 2D platforming don't mix, especially at Sonic speeds.

Agreed. I had Generations first on PS3 and found the combination of low framerate and blurry visuals made it hard to play. Fast forward to the PC version with the resolution bump and a solid 60Hz and you have a great looking/feeling game.

Nice to see potential Wii U support there (if hardly unexpected), but PC or next gen console is the only way I'll end up playing this game.

I just hope the commitment to deliver this game on all these platforms doesn't burden them enough to have a negative effect on the quality of the game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You guys should already know that Beef, as a Digimon, hates chao.

I'm not sure why some of you are so surprised with this non-revelation.

I dunno, I love Sonic CD level design. It seems more oriented at Time Attacks, and although there's a lot of obstacles that try to stop you, you can bipass them easily when you know the level. It really makes going fast a reward for knowing the stage.
Haha, I found that out when I was doing the Time Attack trophy the other day. Really, really fun to deconstruct the level design in many of the acts like that.

CengizMan

The name, Sonic Excursion, sounds pretty interesting. It may not have a nice ring, no un intended, to it, but it certainly does remind me of the name Sonic Adventure. Especially since a lot of Sonic Adventure originated from an excursion by the Sonic Team:
The development team wanted to make a realistic world in the game; however, they never saw environments like ruins or jungles. As a result, the core members of the Sonic Team went to Central America and South America. The team visited Cancun, Guatemala and Peru, and used pictures taken from their journey as "textures in the games."

The fact that emblems, multiple characters and side missions return really give it a Sonic Advunture vibe. Gameplay wise, it sounds different. Sounds more reminiscent of Sonic CD or even the Sonic Advance series.

Also, is it common knowledge that SEGA have ended their relationship with Dimps? Why did they do that?

Interesting to see the name Xbox Infinite pop up like that. Just makes the rumours harder not to believe. Pretty worrying that Vita will be missing this game, since it will appear on every other platform, this generation's and next's. I was also dissapointed to read that the Wii U wouldn't get better models. It was expected though.

Anyway, can't wait to see more about this game.

Ty4on

Sorry if I'm late, but those that haven't hear the Xbox Infinite name, you know what 8 is laying on its side?

Sad that there isn't a Vita version. It would be perfect for playing Sonic games on the go.

The last Sonic rumor was a little better than this one. How come Sega is not announcing it yet? They usually get a teaser really early in the year. I'm guessing they are waiting until the Infinite is announced.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
As long as there are cool camera angle cuts with blue sky horizons, breezy beats, and S-ranks to earn, I'm down.

I like the way you think. :)

Top Bottom