• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

360 -> Infinite

* Represents a clear upgrade: Revolution -> Eternal Revolutions

* Can be used effectively with taglines "Explore a world of INFINITE possibilities, only on Xbox."

* Meshes with Microsoft's current "8" philosophy (Windows Phone 8, Windows 8)

Etc.

qq more

soniccyclesmallvt3.jpg

Colors/Generations broke the cycle. Sorry.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Do you think the "X" in the Xbox logo will have two semi-circles added to the sides to form the infinity symbol?

Amir0x

Banned
Bioshock Infinite 2 to be exclusive to Xbox Infinite

anyway as to this Sonic game, I still gotta give the other Sonic game Anihawk keeps pestering me about a chance before I can even get myself on any sort of optimistic level for a Sonic game. But I hope it's good

iavi

Sonic Excursion is an absolutely horrible name.

Xbox Infinite, on the other hand, I can work with.

qq more

Or were they just exceptions?
Given that Unleashed was where things started to pick up (as mediocre as the game was), it really seems like Sega finally figured it out.

But then again it is still Sega... so there's still a chance they'll fuck everything up again. But the Sonic Cycle is really unnecessary now and just plain running the meme to the ground at this point.

Trike

It sounds like it could be good. I believe in Sega, they have been doing leaps and bounds better in Sonic games since Unleashed. Not to mention that Sonic Team has been pretty silent on the development front since Generations, so it looks like they are taking their time with this one.

Although it wasn't very clear from the leak, is it only Sonic & Tails playable? Because it made it seem like Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman are playable too.

If the guy is a source, and I'm skeptical that he is, he's absolutely not an "SoJ" source.

That's just the forum guys assumption. Likely bollocks, of course, but as far the game info itself I'm gonna go ahead and give the actual source the benefit of the doubt, given he got Generations right and this new "leak" sounds plausible enough, name aside.

Hmm... Xbox Infinite listed? Not sure about that. And no Vita? Fucking poor Vita. Can't even get a Sonic game on the platform.

The game itself sounds kind of interesting if it is indeed real. I'm always looking for good Sonic games.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Will be titled Sonic Adventure 3.

Will be interesting how Sega will sell this with no big WiiU audience, so they'll have to be gunning for PS3 and X360 owners pretty hard.

Also wonder who on earth would be making the 3DS version if not Dimps. Christian Whitehead maybe!

AniHawk

xbox infinite is a pretty good name. xi is a nice abbreviation too.

sonic excursion sounds like a dumb title though. and i wonder who would make the 3ds version if not dimps? i would only imagine it would be people who work for less.

Sandfox

Sonic doesn't seem like the kind of game that would sell well on PS4 and Nextbox at launch.

They'll probably be banking on the Wii U and 3DS(though the PS3 and 360 will get quite a few of the sales) either way given how Sonic has sold on Nintendo devices.

qq more

"Do not worry, it is not going to be Dimps. Sega has ended their relationship with them."

THIS BETTER BE FUCKING TRUE NOW

Fuck dimps

ffdgh

Please...let there be chao gardens and I'm surprised Gemerl supposedly appears. I chuckled at the Dimps bit at the end lol.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
sonic excursion sounds like a dumb title though. and i wonder who would make the 3ds version if not dimps? i would only imagine it would be people who work for less.
Maybe Taxman since they have him doing a version of Sonic 1? Who knows, really? If Dimps isn't working on a portable Sonic game, I'd be happy with that. Very happy with that.

Sonic Excursion really is a silly name. I'm willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt since he was right before, but we'll see.

It sounds like it could be good. I believe in Sega, they have been doing leaps and bounds better in Sonic games since Unleashed. Not to mention that Sonic Team has been pretty silent on the development front since Generations, so it looks like they are taking their time with this one.

Although it wasn't very clear from the leak, is it only Sonic & Tails playable? Because it made it seem like Knuckles, Amy, and Eggman are playable too.

Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Amy.

Jofamo

It sounds good. Hopefully it's true. It appeals to old school fans without being in your face about it, and newer ones at the same time. I want more of this kind of Sonic from SEGA than Sonic 4 stuff. Sonic Generations was fantastic aside from some poor bosses, so my faith in them has been restored. They make good Sonic games now, and I've been itching to play another one since I 1000g'd Generations.

From Unleashed, to Colours, to Generations, they stripped out what didn't work in each and improved as they progressed. Hopefully this stays true.

Ivan 3414

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sonic Excursion is a working title; I don't know why people are harping on it.

Anyway, the game sounds good. Kinda surprised that they're bringing back an obscure character like Gemerl though, although I guess no one expected Team Chaotix to return for Heroes, either.

Arcane0ne

I like everything I've read if true,I hope they confirm soon.

The only bad thing is no version for PS Vita.

Will be titled Sonic Adventure 3.

Will be interesting how Sega will sell this with no big WiiU audience, so they'll have to be gunning for PS3 and X360 owners pretty hard.

Also wonder who on earth would be making the 3DS version if not Dimps. Christian Whitehead maybe!

the wii u version of sonic racing transformed outsold the ps360 versions

Yes; the Sonic Cycle is only relegated to the truly terrible games like Black Knight, 06, and Shadow. It doesn't really apply anymore. Not since Colours.

Now it's the Sonic "This could be better" cycle which has little to do with pre-release and more to do with people insanely hyping up the product as "FUCK YEAH SONIC'S BACK" without noting the things that really need to be fixed for the next one until a few months later.

Edit: This needs a name.

Yes; the Sonic Cycle is only relegated to the truly terrible games like Black Knight, 06, and Shadow. It doesn't really apply anymore. Not since Colours.

The new Sonic Cycle:

new Sonic game announced > is for iOS > has IAP bullshit and kinda sucks > drought begins anew

Top Bottom