• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Sonic rumor from the same guy that was right about Sonic Generations

iavi

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sonic Excursion is a working title; I don't know why people are harping on it.

Anyway, the game sounds good. Kinda surprised that they're bringing back an obscure character like Gemerl though, although I guess no one expected Team Chaotix to return for Heroes, either.

Excursion is just another way to say Adventure

Frodo

The name really doesn't matter. If everyone can get used to Wii, we can get used to anything.

True.

Can not get excited by a Sonic game any more. Granted, I still haven't played Generations. It's been sitting here for almost a year now, but other games always get in he way... :|

Jofamo

It seemed pretty obvious to me that Sonic Excursion is a working title; I don't know why people are harping on it.

Anyway, the game sounds good. Kinda surprised that they're bringing back an obscure character like Gemerl though, although I guess no one expected Team Chaotix to return for Heroes, either.

That's the only thing that makes me iffy on the source. Gemerl is such a non-character that sticking him in the scene sounds like typical die hard Sonic fan fiction. Unless it's simply relegated to a background easter egg or something.

Or it could be a call back to the system in Advance 3 where you could choose your AI partner at will. This seems to be going along the same lines with partner characters?

My body is ready for Sonic Unleashed 4: Colours 3 - Generations 2 ~ Excursion

where different characters could play the same levels with the only difference being their personal abilities.

tumblr_lgbvoyIj981qb06o7o1_250.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I want Sonic Colors 2 more than anything else. I liked Generations 2 alot, and I have little interest in what an Adventure 3 would be

But man! Fix the later level difficulty spikes and Colors 2 could be amazing. I loved the Mario Galaxy mashed up with theme park atmosphere

and the music was so good

the wii u version of sonic racing transformed outsold the ps360 versions

After rereading his post, I think that's the point he's making. It will sell well on Wii U, but the userbase still isn't going to be huge so SEGA will have to make a strong effort to get it to sell well on the other consoles.

Or I could have read it totally wrong and you're right.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Another Adventure style game could be good if they take what they learned about momentum and level design from the last few games and use to actually fix all the problems with the Adventure gameplay.

Rapstah

It can't be called this. Consoles shouldn't be called the thing people predict from a stupid trademark two years before they release.

Now it's the Sonic "This could be better" cycle which has little to do with pre-release and more to do with people insanely hyping up the product as "FUCK YEAH SONIC'S BACK" without noting the things that really need to be fixed for the next one until a few months later.

Edit: This needs a name.

Sonic honeymoon period

Something tells me this name could backfire in terrifying ways.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If it is as good as Colors and Generations were, just hook it right to my veins, Sega.

rdrr gnr

Xi or XI or xi (prefer the first) are all really cool abbreviations. But I don't like the name -- it sounds like something people would jokingly guess. I just hope no one does the turning of Windows 8 into the infinity symbol.

Breaking off the long standing Dimps relationship is what interests me the most out of this rumor. I wonder who they'd approach.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sonic Dash is apparently awful by most accounts!

Now it's the Sonic "This could be better" cycle which has little to do with pre-release and more to do with people insanely hyping up the product as "FUCK YEAH SONIC'S BACK" without noting the things that really need to be fixed for the next one until a few months later.

Edit: This needs a name.
That sounds about right. I suck at naming things.

I truly hope they take their time with it this time. Planet Wisp was outperformed by its Wii counterpart in Colours in terms of pacing and level design (not talking about some of the shorter acts which involved using using Wisp powers for max scores). The final boss was worse than the 3DS version of that boss because it was a complete audio, visual, and boss combat design mess.

Sonic Exorcise
That was a sidequest in Sonic Unleashed. >.>

After rereading his post, I think that's the point he's making. It will sell well on Wii U, but the userbase still isn't going to be huge so SEGA will have to make a strong effort to get it to sell well on the other consoles.

Or I could have read it totally wrong and you're right.

could be what he means (i'm pretty tired) but even so i expect the wii u version to be quite handily the best selling

tajd

Banned
That Sonic Kinect game? Sonic Generation 3DS is also rather disappointing, as was the lack of a Wii version.

I'm wondering if it's fair to blame Dimps for the 3DS version or if SEGA simply didn't give them much time/money and they were essentially forced to deliver something subpar with little content.

man port a fixed version of sonic free riders to the 3ds

tajd

Banned
That Sonic Kinect game? Sonic Generation 3DS is also rather disappointing, as was the lack of a Wii version.

I'm wondering if it's fair to blame Dimps for the 3DS version or if SEGA simply didn't give them much time/money and they were essentially forced to deliver something subpar with little content.

oh the irony cas inist that what happned to sega with that aliens game tho its the roles were the other way around lol

Top Bottom