• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix-Resident Evil Live Action Series "Officially Announced"

aclar00

I can't wait for those netflix adaptation memes for this one.

592.jpg

You know darn well they would be white...nearly all anime characters are...lol

EDMIX

Wesker kids????? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Why is it so hard to just adapt an existing, popular story?

? how do you know they are not though?

First....if anyone is going to talk shit about a show about a video game, at the very least KNOW about said video game. The story in RE is so fucking crazy, I don't think most need to really worry that a show might fuck something up considering we got shit like Chris Redfield aka Jay Cutler fighting Wesker in a Volcano punching boulders.

As a huge RE fan, I'm completely fine with a show on Netflix as the story is so shit, I don't really think anyone needs to put on this fake front as if it was Citizen Kane or something.

JimmyRustler JimmyRustler This. The story is so bad in the RE universe, I'm 99% sure who ever is writing this show will do a better job with that show then the team has done with those games... and I'm someone who likes the RE games, but I already go into them know the story is just god awful. Top 5 favorite fuck ups in RE series

5. Rebecca Chambers seems to not remember fighting zombies in before in RE1 remake (I get that Zero was being made at the time, but clearly the fucking game was in development long enough for them to know it would exist as a product to actually correct that, sad enough even with a remaster of it, it was still not corrected and its one of the funniest things in RE1 remake)

latest

4. Chris Redfield punching boulders in a Volcano....that alone should tell folks the stupidity regarding the story of the RE series.
da1dc510b1602cb9-600x338.jpg

3. Chris Redfield in general.... wtf is going on with this mans body? smh
70Y56jN.jpg

2. Chris ask Rebecca if she "could use a gun"......let me remind folks here that even if we ignore RE Zero was currently in development, she is STILL A MEMBER OF S.T.A.R.S...litearlly a elite police force, but ok.
f73cf182d562437eca4b15a061a5cfdf.jpg

1. My all time favorite fucking up is always going to be Richard in the shark tank. Not only does this man fucking get bit by a big ass snake (fangs so big, it doesn't even make sense that he would die from poisoning and not just by the large size of the fangs themselves but ok). He then on deaths doorstep makes it past multiple parts faster the you with no explanation as to HOW and even more funny...no explanation as to WHY he is in the shark tank only to WARN YOU ABOUT THE SHARK...

resident-evil-remastered-hd-3.jpg

0dcbfcd7a3194317dc007181346357d44c1a6fa2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

aclar00

? how do you know they are not though?

First....if anyone is going to talk shit about a show about a video game, at the very least KNOW about said video game. The story in RE is so fucking crazy, I don't think most need to really worry that a show might fuck something up considering we got shit like Chris Redfield aka Jay Cutler fighting Wesker in a Volcano punching boulders.

As a huge RE fan, I'm completely fine with a show on Netflix as the story is so shit, I don't really think anyone needs to put on this fake front as if it was Citizen Kane or something.

JimmyRustler JimmyRustler This. The story is so bad in the RE universe, I'm 99% sure who ever is writing this show will do a better job with that show then the team has done with those games... and I'm someone who likes the RE games, but I already go into them know the story is just god awful. Top 5 favorite fuck ups in RE series

5. Rebecca Chambers seems to not remember fighting zombies in before in RE1 remake (I get that Zero was being made at the time, but clearly the fucking game was in development long enough for them to know it would exist as a product to actually correct that, sad enough even with a remaster of it, it was still not corrected and its one of the funniest things in RE1 remake)

latest

4. Chris Redfield punching boulders in a Volcano....that alone should tell folks the stupidity regarding the story of the RE series.
da1dc510b1602cb9-600x338.jpg

3. Chris Redfield in general.... wtf is going on with this mans body? smh
70Y56jN.jpg

2. Chris ask Rebecca if she "could use a gun"......let me remind folks here that even if we ignore RE Zero was currently in development, she is STILL A MEMBER OF S.T.A.R.S...litearlly a elite police force, but ok.
f73cf182d562437eca4b15a061a5cfdf.jpg

1. My all time favorite fucking up is always going to be Richard in the shark tank. Not only does this man fucking get bit by a big ass snake (fangs so big, it doesn't even make sense that he would die from poisoning and not just by the large size of the fangs themselves but ok). He then on deaths doorstep makes it past multiple parts faster the you with no explanation as to HOW and even more funny...no explanation as to WHY he is in the shark tank only to WARN YOU ABOUT THE SHARK...

resident-evil-remastered-hd-3.jpg

0dcbfcd7a3194317dc007181346357d44c1a6fa2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Man, i new the game got bad story wise, but...lol. I can forgive some quirks like Rebecca...just say she's a medic assigned as a task force officer to assist with onsite medical emergencies or some crap like that.

RE to me was 1, 2, 3 and CV. I bought and beat 4, but story lost me and only played it once. Didnt like that it was action oriented. Bought 5 at the bargain bin and dont think i ever played it. Same for 6....started 7 and could stand the 1st person mode. Maybr played an hour...may try again. I played one of the revelations games which were pretty decent, more llike classic RE.

Long story short, it became too much of caricature of its former self...RE 1 still my fav game of all time though.

Top Bottom