• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 4 remake sales top seven million | Milestone achieved one year after release

Screenshot_%28353%29.png

Total sales for the Resident Evil 4 remake have surpassed seven million units worldwide one year after its release, Capcom announced.

Resident Evil 4 launched for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, and PC via Steam on March 24, 2023, followed by Mac, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPad on December 20, 2023.

The game was last reported to have sold 6.48 million units as of December 31, 2023.

Here is the full blurb from Capcom’s consolidated financial results for the nine months of the fiscal year ending March 31, 2024 announcing the sales achievement:

The Resident Evil franchise features survival horror games in which players utilize a variety of weapons and other items to escape terrifying situations. Cumulative sales of the games in the series now exceed 154 million units* since the first title debuted in 1996. Now, more than 28 years later, continuous support from the passionate fan base across the globe makes it Capcom’s flagship game series.

Resident Evil 4 is a remake of the original 2005 title. The game was lauded by both fans of the series and newcomers alike for offering a fresh gameplay experience that carefully recreates the appeal of the original, with worldwide sales now exceeding seven million units. Capcom supported steady sales growth of the title with the release of the Separate Ways additional downloadable content, as well as with Resident Evil 4 VR Mode free downloadable content for PlayStation VR2 last year; in addition to these, Capcom also released Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition on February 9, which includes the main game, the Separate Ways downloadable content, and the richly assorted downloadable content Extra Pack set. Moreover, Resident Evil 4 has garnered wide critical acclaim from both the media and gameplayers, winning an Award for Excellence at last year’s Japan Game Awards in addition to numerous other awards and nominations globally.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all stakeholders by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

kikkis

Well deserved! It's the new standard for over-the-shoulder gunplay and it only elevates the original further. If there's a game with perfect pacing it's this.
I think it controls kind of poorly. In fact original controlled better even without strafing and ads moving.

phaedrus

Noice! Same here, but with the steelbook version which I bought this January. :D

Hoping to play RE4:R and the Separate Ways DLC after I finish with Unicorn Overlord and FF7: Rebirth.
Crap, this reminds me that I still need to get Unicorn Overlord (always support Vanillaware) too :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Right now though I'm still having too much nostalgic fun playing Tomb Raider remastered edition & taking my time finding all the secrets without a guide
:messenger_heart:

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Glad to see survival horror titles doing so well, even if REmake4 felt soulless to me compared to the original. Excited to see what they do with REmake5.

Loved this game. I did have to change the camera speed etc as it felt a bit sluggish but after that it felt great. I've loved all the Remake games so far, even 3 which was stupidly short but I still enjoyed it.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Hope they learned something from this and don’t repeat the mistakes from the past going forward. Meaning, they need to revamp all further remakes quite a being to get rid of the sour tastes from the originals.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Played through it (I think) 7 times to get all achievements. Want to play it again soon.

Love the arc RE games have of multiple playthroughs where first time through = tense and hesistant to take the next step. Then on future playthroughs, you are a badass who knows what's coming and how your infinite rocket launcher will handle it.

sachos

If there's a game with perfect pacing it's this.
When people talk about wanting more gameplay focused tight single player experiences RE4 is what imagine as the perfect representation of that design philosophy. ~15-20 hrs of gameplay perfection that is designed with replayability in mind. How many times have we played that first level and it is still as fun as the first time?

Hero_Select

When people talk about wanting more gameplay focused tight single player experiences RE4 is what imagine as the perfect representation of that design philosophy. ~15-20 hrs of gameplay perfection that is designed with replayability in mind. How many times have we played that first level and it is still as fun as the first time?
it's always fun! The feel of the guns and the crunchy headshot sfx just makes playing the game so damn fun to play. I've had RE4 on just about everything because it's that good (including the Oculus VR one which is insanely fun.)

only 7 million copies sold in an installed base of around 500 million PCs and consoles? another failure for capcom they may close next year

blue velvet

Finished it on PC a week ago. The game deserves all that sale figures. Capcom is on fire lately, DD2 is gonna be another banger for them.

AjPtpcx.jpg

Hx8XP1D.jpg

eBNTpN6.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom