• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter: World shipments and digital sales top 25 million | New record-high set for single-title sales in the series' 20th anniversary year

MH-World-Sales_03-12-24-768x432.jpg

Total worldwide shipments and digital sales for Monster Hunter: World have surpassed 25 million, including shipments of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Master Edition, Capcom announced.

Monster Hunter: World first launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on January 26, 2018 worldwide, followed by PC via Steam on August 3, 2018.

An expansion, Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, launched for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 6, 2019, and for PC via Steam on January 9, 2020.

Here is Capcom’s full statement on Monster Hunter: World‘s latest sales milestone:
Celebrating its 20th anniversary in March 2024, the Monster Hunter series consists of hunting action games that pit players against giant monsters in beautiful natural environments. Beginning with the first title in 2004, the series established a new genre in which players cooperate to hunt ferocious monsters with their friends and has since grown into a global phenomenon with cumulative sales of the series exceeding 97 million units as of December 31, 2023.

With Monster Hunter: World, Capcom drove the Monster Hunter series to global-brand status with a series-first worldwide simultaneous launch and international promotional activities, establishing the game as Capcom’s best-selling title of all time within a month of its release. In the six years since the game’s launch, Capcom has continued to promote digital sales, leading Monster Hunter: World to achieve a new Capcom all-time-record of 25 million cumulative units sold. Further, in December of last year Capcom revealed Monster Hunter Wilds, garnering broad attention with the announcement that the latest title in the series is scheduled for release in 2025.

Capcom remains firmly committed to satisfying the expectations of all users by leveraging its industry-leading game development capabilities in order to create highly entertaining gameplay experiences.

El Muerto

I had a hard time getting started in this one. I played the originals on PS2 and PSP, and coming from those to MH: World was a bit overwhelming. I recently decided to give it another try and now i'm hooked.

Kings Field

played through it on series X and gonna do another run on ps5 shortly and then dive into Rise fully.

Loved the game.

One of the best entries in a fantastic series.

Will be preordering Wilds the second that I can. It’s hands down my most anticipated game, and nothing else even comes remotely close.

GymWolf

One of the best entries in a fantastic series.

Will be preordering Wilds the second that I can. It’s hands down my most anticipated game, and nothing else even comes remotely close.
Too bad they catered to the future switch 2 and the game doesn't look nowhere near how it should look.

Too bad they catered to the future switch 2 and the game doesn't look nowhere near how it should look.
I really hope this doesn’t affect the game too much. Hopefully they can just go all out on the proper systems and PC, and just do a low resolution, low frame rate version for whatever piece of shit Nintendo puts out next.

Lokaum D+

i just wanna say fuck Capcom and their 0.23% drop rate of Attack Jewel 4, after 500hours i just gave up on this jewel.

Never playing another MH game on consoles

Last edited:

GymWolf

I really hope this doesn’t affect the game too much. Hopefully they can just go all out on the proper systems and PC, and just do a low resolution, low frame rate version for whatever piece of shit Nintendo puts out next.
My biggest fear is that switch 2 is gonna have a crappy cpu so if the game has to run on a tablet, they are not gonna use the full capacity of ps5\sex cpu for the world simulation.

You can't really make 2 different games and cut basic features so they are gonna develop the whole thing with switch 2 specs in mind most probably.

I don't think capcom care about pushing nextgen tech over making more money, they are usually pretty fucking greedy.

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Is there any difference to worlds and the other games in the franchise except for the pokemon like game? Honestly the concept of the game sounds amazing to me and i loved the 3rd game for wii but ive tried so many of them i personally find the combat absolutely frustrating, yes im shit at the game but i just wish you could properly lock onto enemys

It earned every bit of success. I can't get over how well the drop-in, drop-out multiplayer is. Valid complaints about the cutscene bullshit on assignments, but aside from that it's seamless and a perfect experience.

Top Bottom